It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something for you to remember this Veteran's Day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It was not a Pastor of a Church who gave you the Freedom of Religion,
It was a Veteran...

It was not a Reporter who gave you Freedom of the Press,
It was a Veteran...

It was not a Poet who gave you the Freedom of Speech,
It was a Veteran...

It was not an Activist who gave you the Freedom to Assemble and air your Grievances,
It was a Veteran...

It was not the NRA who gave you the Freedom to Bear Arms,
It was a Veteran...

It was not a Lawyer who gave you the Freedom from Illegal Search and Seizures,
It was a Veteran...

It was not an Abolitionist who Abolished Slavery,
It was a Veteran...

It was not a Politician who gave you the Freedom to Vote,
It was a Veteran...

So the next time you think about blaming the Military for something, or accusing those who choose to serve of some underhanded deed, try to remember all of the things that you hold dear that you have BECAUSE of those who were willing and able to put their lives on the line so that you could remain free...

“This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
Elmer Davis

*I placed this in the Above Politics Forum because if there is one issue that should forever remain Above Politics in the United States, it is those who are serving and have served this nation by wearing the Uniform of Her Military...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

JaxonRoberts: there ya go, argentis » Damn, everybody left!

Not everyone left. *chat voyeur.

Thank you for this JaxonRoberts.

edit on 11/8/2010 by madmangunradio because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

argentus: JaxonRoberts: Simple words you wrote. I hope many read and just think. It's easy to cubbyhole vets as symbols of The Machine. It's easy to denigrate them as mindless bots. It's a hell of a thing to imagine walking in their shadow. Who would do such a thing? Another vet.

I hope I didn't overstep any rules or step on Argentus's toes in posting the above. Thank you Argentus for that post in chat.

P.S. I have to add that I have 3 brothers in the military who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I respect my brothers so much for what they have done and are still doing and worry about them every day.
edit on 11/8/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Simple and to the gut, just the way I like it, Jax. I'll spare you my extended preamble, other than to say any nation could do worse than to take a moment to honor those that walked the long miles for them, and -- God Forbid -- maybe even to thank them.

I hope those reading take in in the spirit intended and not transform the thread into a bash of the military machine.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

No worries as far as I'm concerned, madman. I was just rambling after reading the thread. Good thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

*I placed this in the Above Politics Forum because if there is one issue that should forever remain Above Politics in the United States, it is those who are serving and have served this nation by wearing the Uniform of Her Military...

Side note. Argentus is exceptionally reserved and respectful.

Fist to the chest the head and into the sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for a great thread, show's that there are some who still remember.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
right on...thanks for the great thread...it has deep reaching effect these days...with the police more militarized today....and i was wrong in 1972 when i thought i could be military and my progeny wouldn't have to , i still revolve around that dangit

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Awesome post.

One point of contention relating to current times. Vets need to stop saying they are "fighting for our freeoms" now. They are not.

If they were, they would be invading Washington DC and uh, solving the problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Considering the situation.
It's just a matter of time.

Edit to add. *slaps himself on the wrist* Lets just focus on our vets in this thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dear JaxonRoberts

From the begging of time its self there have been veterans.

Some were the winners some the losers.

It makes no difference they failed to recognize the foe.

The foe was the Japs, the Hun, the cavilers, the round heads???

No the foe was there leaders.

Your leaders my leader their leaders.

Those that want power supplied to them with your blood my blood their blood.

It is time for young men to say NO if you want war you fight it.

It has always been that time.

Just lay down those guns and say no more, then you will have change.

Blood created their power, no blood no power.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
it wasn't the military that did that, it was the politicians and governors that ordered them to.

the military is the ultimate toolbox: full of tools.
edit on 8-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." -- Samuel Adams

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thank you for this. Flagged and starred. I truly wish that the vets of WWII had come home and told us all their personal stories. Vets and those currently serving deserve more honor than any fat-cat in Washington.

Honor our returned soldiers,
understand their pain,
morn for the loss,
of those who will never come home,
again.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Spoken like a real tool... By the way, you wouldn't have the freedom to type such trash if it wasn't for the blood, sweat and tears shed by those who have served...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I woke today to find this in my inbox from a friend. It's funny how a blind man can see what veterans have done!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Star and Flag for you. I am a veteran of 20 years service. I have 2 boys, 1 in the Welsh Guards and 1 in bomb disposal. Come the 11th, I will wear my poppy, regimental tie and blazer. Come 11 o'clock, I will observe the 2 minutes silence and I will remember ALL who have died in conflicts throufghout the world. It is not about who was right or wrong, it is about those poor b*rds that bled in the mud and dirt.

For those that are anti war, and I hope it is the majority of us, please just remember the suffering of those that came home broken and difigured and those that never made it back. Please, for humanity's sake, remember their suffering.

It is not a time of celebration, it is a time of reflection.
edit on 9/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Please tell me the most recent war in US history that a veteran was defending my rights and not Corporate/Government/Banking interests??

I don't think veterans need a "thank you" as much as they need hugs for being used as cannon fodder.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I feel for the veterans, I really do. But, what do you do?
Do you honor the Commander in Chief for leading Americans and much of the world into foreign lands to murder their citizens? The generals that coordinate the assault? I don't.
People have to stop being tools, or at least hypocrites. Self-defense is honorable, war is murder. You cannot justify having teenagers killing anonymous foreigners they can only see on a television screen. And, for what?
For George Bush? For Barack Obama? For Bill Clinton? For Israels' protection? For oil? To sell weapons?

I have only sympathy for the veterans. If a veteran wants to sacrifice him or herself and his/her family, the reasons I hear are not good ones. They don't add up. False honor is not honor, no matter how many carry that banner.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It was god that gave us freedom of everything, not wars. Even a man in prison still can speak the truths, alright he may not be free, but he can still speak.

Its humans that take away mans rights, not god. All you people who thought god was unfair, where did he take your rights away from, its humans who do this.

I will never applaud what people do in war, and people in ww2 died for nothing, as stasi uk london big brother has proven.

If they think blowing up kids, or torturing gave us rights they are wrong, its god that gave us who we are, and not other humans who are out to take those rights.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join