LHC successfully generates a "mini Big Bang"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Arrius
Would it be fair to assume now that the scientists at LHC know what they are doing

Of course they know what they're doing.

But chances are, given who is involved, it is for evil purposes.

hey, love the sussing out the egyptian god hawk-headed-horus from all the official governmental cases' screaming fleagles, specially the good ol' hor.u.s.a's
but what about them carrying a big torch for the "mythological" phoenix
can't it be a screaming phloeaglenix, too?
or are they mutually exclusive, like the positive matter of the earth and the negative matter of strangelets that you think the outer-spacernians have down cold fusion? well, hottest of the hot fission/fusion/etc since it was a billionth of a second after the big bang went off...you think that satan was there with a yellow pad taking notes for them since they couldn't attend class themselves?
edit on 9-11-2010 by necramericanomicon because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-11-2010 by necramericanomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
about the original "ghostbusters"...anybody remember that "crossing the streams" was considered bad by prehistoricernian mad particle bomber egon?

let's wiki

"There's something very important I forgot to tell you. Don't cross the streams… It would be bad… Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."
—Egon Spengler/Harold Ramis on crossing proton streams

Crossing the streams was initially discouraged, as Egon believed that "total protonic reversal" would occur. However, in a desperate effort to stop the powerful Gozer the Gozerian, Egon noted that the door to Gozer's temple "swings both ways" and that by crossing the streams, they may be able to create enough force to close the door on Gozer and its control. As the Ghostbusters cross the streams, the combination of that much energy closes the door to Gozer's dimension and severs its ties to our world. The resulting blast destroys a good portion of the roof and blows up the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.[2]

so are gozer and stay puft back in action again....is geneva unconventionally defending itself against them?

although since cern does nothing but cross the streams, maybe it is just assumed that the goze is trying to put the moves on their would-be shivanator in all the time-space dimensions at once

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

generating incredibly hot and dense sub-atomic fireballs with temperatures of over ten trillion degrees, a million times hotter than the centre of the Sun.

I think they are going to make gold.

why shouldn't they?

Lead into Gold

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
with apologies to Country Joe And The Fish - I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag

Well, come on all of you big bang brained men,
Uncle Shiva needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Cernscam
So put down your physics books and pick up a lead ion gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.