It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go the Aussies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Explanation: No probs and thanks for replying [St*r btw
] and yes I can fully understand that I misread your sarcasm and I knee jerk posted and I apologize for that OK!

I also agree fully with your last comment and would caveat it a little by saying that the Gov of the day that has lead us to war already has made itself look bad enuff as it is ...but yes shoving the probably needless deaths of those "pets" in the face of the public wouldn't do any good because they'd be dead already and how many innocent animals die in war anyway??? I bet it's way way above the bloody human cost!

That they died in some weird twisted sense for me [even though I to do not endorse this war] makes me endebted to them regardless as they unlike their human counterparts WERE conscripted to do those dirty deeds dirt cheap [their lives being lost and not accorded or recorded shows the horrible freaking truth of that regardless of how much it makes me PUKING LIVID TO DA MAX!
] and I must honour that selfless sacrifice and stiffle my rage and salute them for all their undeniable brilliant work ethic [these animals collectively save and saved lives and not just diggers lives either]!!!

to the Nth degree to those unreknowned Aussie Battlers! I Salute them with every bit I freaking have [bawling my eyes out here YA HEAR!
Struth and vegemite mate .... [speachless groan of dispair]
]

Personal Disclosure:
Seriously thank you for dragging that outa me ...I've almost wanted to kill to express that in a way I feel comfortable with and I'm very sorry for upsetting anybody over this at all!

P.S. I think I will make a donation to the RSPCA as a sign of respect for those Digger Dogs and Donkeys etc.

[OL is very well aware that few if any of the light horse's made it back to Australia after WWI and I still loose sleep over that and it happened way way way before I was ever born.]

edit on 9-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited several buggy fails. soz . Sigh!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Hey there Wally, what an appropriate name!
Wow where do i start? Well while your pride in our great land sounds valid how do you conclude that mine is not?
This is the second time you have personally attacked me, my credibility and whether or not ive served. How dare
you!! Your accusations are rediculous, i never said i was in the Army and never called anyone a fool, not yet anyway. You call my bluff? Well you lose! Yes i have been to Indo along with most countries in SE Asia, performed exercizes with many foreign nations, Indo by far the worst performers! Im very proud of my time served
and dont appreciate your terribly inaccurate and unfounded accusations!

Also what is it exactly you do not like about doomsday prophesy?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Oh i almost forgot so you think we are in Afghanistan because the UN sent us and you then go on to tell people to get educated lol. You fn fool!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Yes there is... its called fixing what we fubahed!

It would be more easily fixed by withdrawing your country's occupational troops.

If your government was genuinely interested in sorting out the mess in Afghanistan, then they would be better off deploying their army in a UN peacekeeping role.

Yes we do... both countries [Australia definately is, but Afghanistan a country...debatable and don't worry I cover it later on
] are on the same planet and both [if both exist!] are TOTALLY covered by these LAWS!

Ask yourself: would diggers currently be in Afghanistan, if it wasn't for a terrorist attack on the USA ?

The answer, of course, is ''no''.

If you support diggers doing the USA hierarchy's dirty work, then so be it.

Then who would you have train and pay for the training of the VALID Afghan military forces?
Because...

If you're attempting to suggest that Australia is interfering in Afghanistan, because they are trying to make that country a better place, then you must be delusional on this issue.

Recent news coverage will tell of ''elections'' in Burma - a military junta that suppresses it's populace.

Where are Australian troops deployed in ''Myanmar'' ?

The Democratic Republic of Congo government is complicit in obscene human rights violations within their country. Where are the diggers stationed in this country ?

Just about every country flouts the UN declaration of human rights, because it's not worth the paper that it's written on, unless there is somebody to enforce these rights.

You can't pick and choose the countries that you want to occupy, especially as the occupation only happens because of US influence.

Says you on what authority???

There's no ''authority'' required to justify my point.

If you become in a position of power, whereby you can sanction the deployment of troops, then you are responsible for the involvement of combat troops in any given country.

Ergo, the current government of Australia is equally responsible for their army's occupation and invasion of Afghanistan.

A new prime minister could easily request a withdrawal of combat forces overseas.

She didn't.

Originally posted by OmegaLogos.
Then please validate your objection [with some evidence] to Australia fixing what it fubahed OK!

I've stated it above.

Originally posted by OmegaLogos.
But Australia needs to fix what it fubahed and The Afghan Gov is giving full support to that!

No, Australia should get out of the country that they have no right to be in.

If a plumber botches a job on the piping to your sink, then you wouldn't reasonably expect the same plumber to be involved in correcting his mistake.

Nope! That may be why we went there and yep thats total BS, but that is not the current state of affairs now is it!

And, by extension, that is why you are still there.

See even you directly implied in your 1st post to this thread that your post was not on topic as it hmmm what was it...ah yes ...was "In other news"!!!

Being Off-Topic is RUDE!
Do you concur???

My post was clearly on-topic.

The use of the phrase ''in other news'' was not intended to be conveying another news item, but rather as a turn of phrase to express the myopic hypocrisy of this thread, and its title.

Just as my ''Go Afghans !'' postscript is intended to make people see how ridiculous their mindless views can be.

Personal Disclosure: We've got two scenarios, here; either Sherlock's post is filled with '''RUDE'' off-topic issues that were trying to destroy this threads good vibes

There are no ''good vibes'' to be detected about an occupational army killing a citizen of the country that they are occupying.

If you get ''good vibes'' from that, then I suggest that you have a different set of morals and values, than most of us have.

or the fact that Sherlock's is implying that they rule Afghanistan and want Australia to please leave! Which is it???

Afghanistan should be ruled by the people of their country.

Not by invading forces doing the US government's bidding.

P.S.
If you do legitimately rule Afghanistan... seems that isn't going to well for you! Maybe you could use some Aussie Diggers to come help you out with that mate!

Who is ''you'', in this instance ?

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
shame on you sherlock, you took a post that was nothing to do with the reasons why we are there, and kept going till you turned it around and got a bite. this was a post about aussie soldiers and what they have done over the last 100 YEARS, not the last 5 minutes.

Bollocks.

It was a post aggrandising the killing of someone in another country by Australian occupational forces.

If anything, the shame should be on you, by linking this current ''achievement'' of the Australian forces, to the remarkable, brave, and much appreciated contribution of diggers throughout the past 100 years.

We always remember and honour the sacrifices of ANZAC troops in Gallipoli, and other places.

And while the premise of that war was ridiculous, it quickly spiralled out of control, and Australian and New Zealand involvement was not only appreciated, but fully justified.

you are the reason a lot of good people dont post, dont start threads and are leaving ats in droves.

I've only made about 1,000 posts on ATS.

In the few hours between my last post yesterday and the first time I checked ATS this morning, a message popped up informing me that there had been 9,000+ posts since my last visit.

I doubt that my posts are anything more than a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of ATS threads.

i suggest you take up boxing or some other form of sport as a release from your frustrations instead of trawling the internet looking for fights and trying to imitate someone who has a brain, any idiot can sit at a computer with a thesaurus and try to seem intelligent and start crap. its getting very old hat.

I like the ad hom.

The biggest problem with ad hominem attacks, is that they tend to lack any semblance of logic or reason.

My ''frustrations'' ? What frustrations are these ?

''Trawling the internet looking for fights'' ? What evidence have you got for this accusation ? Just because I call you out on a nauseating thread, doesn't in any way mean that I'm spoiling for a ''fight''.

I'm not ''imitating someone who has a brain''... I do have a brain; as do you.

Nowhere have I suggested - or implied through my posts - that I'm ''intelligent''. Personally speaking, I think that intelligence is an undefinable, unquantifiable concept ( Thank you, Roget
).

this was simply a thread about how proud i am of the aussie troops and the high regard they are held in around the world for their assistance given in the last 100 years. i dont know which country you are from but you may have very well been sitting around and eating rice while speaking japanese if it wasnt for the aussies.

And this is exactly the reason why my posts in this thread aren't off-topic.

You are trying to link an ''achievement'' by Aussie soldiers in Afghanistan - in a country that they have no right to be in - with the valorous actions of diggers throughout the last 100 years.

I live in Britain, although I wasn't born here. I don't see any problem with speaking Japanese and eating rice, if that was what I was brought up with.

Your post implies that speaking Japanese is inferior to speaking English, and that eating rice is inferior to eating the gut-rot that many people consume in the West.

farewell "mate" bug out and go bother someone else you bar fly.

If I understood what you were talking about - without the aid of google - then I may well have taken your advice.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
There is a logical flaw in your 'argument'.

There is no logical fallacy in my argument.

Firstly, many people also join the armed forces as a career opportunity in various fields. Sure they are aware that they may be sent into a particular theatre - but if all people thought like you, no country would have armed forces to protect their own shores... just in case they are sent into some heavily politicised war.

People who join the armed forces know what that decision potentially entails.

I would think that this point is beyond debating.

It doesn't work that way mate! You know it, and I know it. Soldiers don't get to choose their battles. Governments do. While soldiers are in theatre, they do whatever it takes to survive and come home to their families. I'm sure if you asked many, they wouldn't be happy about being there... so wishing death upon them is puerile.

No, soldiers don't get to choose their battles.

However, a citizen chooses to become a soldier.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi .

So a freedom fighter was killed by an occupation force?

Awesome.

What a monumental cockup when we celebrate the loss of life with neo-American flag waving and chest thumping.
Damn you Australia. You're becoming the USA of the South Pacific.

Anyway, continue on with your dreams of death

Personal Disclosure: Any Australian who doesn't think Simpsons Donkey was also a Digger seriously needs to go to the War Memorial and get freaking educated!

You mean Kiwi Medic Richard Henderson?

image from here

Phar Lap.

Pavlova.

Oh, and the Underarm Incident. You're bloody good sports, aren't you!

edit on 9-11-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by aorAki because: added some more.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Oh, and the Underarm Incident. You're bloody good sports, aren't you!

LOL.

That was a shameful episode !

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Hey there Wally, what an appropriate name!

Yeah its good eh after my grandfather if you really want to know

This is the second time you have personally attacked me, my credibility and whether or not ive served. How dare you!! Your accusations are rediculous,

No they are not ridiculous, you said you were an ex serviceman, I never said army don't put words in my mouth boyo, but I do know if you were and ex servicemen in any of the armed forces in Australia, you would of been taught about guns and self defense, am I right?

Yes I have been to Indo along with most countries in SE Asia, performed exercizes with many foreign nations, Indo by far the worst performers! Im very proud of my time served and dont appreciate your terribly inaccurate and unfounded accusations!

Seriously you are trying to tell us that in your first post Indonesia is going to invade us at sometime ( doomsayer) but above you quote that they are the worst performers, well well and when I said Indonesia I didn't mean Bali mate with ya bintang shirt, I was talking about other parts of Indonesia , anyway they are both the same anyway, Summa Summa

Also what is it exactly you do not like about doomsday prophesy?

Its bullsh&t, i would believe the guy down the local he caught a massive Marlin from Sydney heads before i believe any of that garbage

Oh I almost forgot so you think we are in Afghanistan because the UN sent us and you then go on to tell people to get educated lol. You fn fool!!

Your the fool, do you really think that, you got lots to learn boyo, I suggest you read up on the papers that were signed, and by which countries before talking again about this subject

What are you saying, was it America that sent us there?

Please Lestweforget, at very least dont lie and respect your avatar name mate, to use it in vain is disrespectful to the fallen diggers,

We Will Remember Them

Wally

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Damn you Australia. You're becoming the USA of the South Pacific.

Well stop them from building that bridge from Auckland to Sydney heads then

Just jokes bro, relax you are very wrong. Remember we are one and we are many from all the lands we come. its all you have to worry about

wally

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

The world is closing in on the taliban at an increasing rate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join