It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out, your medicine is watching you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does this article seem to any of you like a bait and switch kind of warning? I mean it says that it's just to keep an eye on your medications but I see something much more sinister. I see this as the precursor to implanted chips to keep an eye on every facet of our lives without us really knowing it.

www.reuters.com...

Excerpt:

By Ben Hirschler

NEW YORK | Mon Nov 8, 2010 5:29pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Novartis AG plans to seek regulatory approval within 18 months for a pioneering tablet containing an embedded microchip, bringing the concept of "smart-pill" technology a step closer.

The initial program will use one of the Swiss firm's established drugs taken by transplant patients to avoid organ rejection. But Trevor Mundel, global head of development, believes the concept can be applied to many other pills.

"We are taking forward this transplant drug with a chip and we hope within the next 18 months to have something that we will be able to submit to the regulators, at least in Europe," Mundel told the Reuters Health Summit in New York.

"I see the promise as going much beyond that," he added.

Novartis agreed in January to spend $24 million to secure access to chip-in-a-pill technology developed by privately owned Proteus Biomedical of Redwood City, California, putting it ahead of rivals.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

This is the line that bothers me:

"I see the promise as going much beyond that," he added.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yikes! I don't don't like the sound of this AT ALL!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
WTF is this crap? Is there anything that people don't want a frikken microchip in?
Amazing.....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join