reply to post by SFlowers
Mostly I would disregard joining any particular style at this point in time seeing as you seem to be in immediate danger. Alot of the things mentioned
require fine motor skills and thus a few years of learning, which you don't have time for.
This is what I would recommend.
1. Get some mace and/or a gun. Be aware mace will have little effect on about 5% of people, bullets work on everyone.
2. Martial arts are tricks you use to get to your weapons.
3. You can hit hard with your upper body, if you took a baseball and threw it into my face as hard as you can at close range, it would hurt me. This
is what your fist does, it has hard bones in it. However you should practice palm strikes (google it) as you will not damage your hands and can learn
to strike hard and repeatedly in a short space of time.
4. Straight kick, this is achieved by pointing your knee at your target and then firing your foot out in that direction. Similar to stamping on the
end of a stride. Practise it a few times and it will get powerful. Targets are the knee and the groin.
5. Go to a krav maga school and learn their 360 strike defence and their straight strike defence as well as their basic choke escapes. This will take
a few hours maximum.
This wont take you more than a week to learn and this is how it will go down.
1. Mace/bullets ends the situation.
2. Cannot retrieve weapon in time.
Defend against strike, simultaneous palm to jaw or nose or neck, just throw hard for the jaw and you'll probably hit where you need to. Hit multiple
times if you have the chance or if you miss.
Straight kick to the knee or groin.
Separate and get to your weapon.
Use your weapon.
This is hands down the fastest way to take someone out without too much technical training. You can learn in a few hours how to take most people out,
it's not hard. Just put the little bit of practice in. It sounds serious hun, my thoughts are with you!