It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Executive Order: Widening Government Transparency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.aclu.org...

WASHINGTON – President Obama signed an Executive Order today that will help improve government transparency by standardizing and limiting the use of control markings, document designations designed to limit disclosure of unclassified information within the government to the public and Congress. The Executive Order also rescinds a 2008 Bush administration memorandum that created a framework for limiting dissemination of government documents and information by labeling them as “controlled unclassified information” (CUI).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's coming!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

From reading the link it seems it will affect the small fish in the pond.
The big fish will continue as usual.
Although and slackening of their secrecy policy is good..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here we go again, Obama is deliberately destroying America's security! Doesn't he know that there is a war on terror going on right now!! Or does he just not care!!! Obama bad!!!!

This development will probably not go down well with Obama's enemies in the administration, in Washington generally, and in the ignorant American populace at large. It is a sure sign that he actually stands for truth, justice, and the American way, three things that terrified modern Americans and their corporate handlers cannot stomach.

(Ever wonder why Batman is more popular than Superman?)

P.S. Nice work Obama too little too late!!!!! /sarcasm
edit on 8-11-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: added postscript

P.P.S. SO CALLED IT. Check the post below.

Too little, too late. Under Obama, FOIA denials are up about 50%. Obama hid over 70,000 facts from the public. See:

edit on 8-11-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: added gloating

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

Too little, too late. Under Obama, FOIA denials are up about 50%. Obama hid over 70,000 facts from the public. See:
hotair.com...

FOIA denials are one of the most important metrics measuring government secrecy. Then there is the classified document count, going up 135%. See: www.rcfp.org...

How the linked organization called Obama's transparency record "mixed" when he's done nothing but hide everything he can left and right is beyond me.

Obama also canceled his hands-down biggest move toward transparency when he was going to release 400 MILLION secret documents. See:
www.boston.com...

And last but not least, Obama refused the single most important act of transparency: Showing the public his (possibly non-existent) original birth certificate in Hawaii. He could have ended the debate and suspiciously chose not to do so.

Obama is a shadowy figure overseeing a vast secretive empire. F- for virtually zero transparency. Nixon showed why nothing is to be recorded or released to the public and all of the criminal presidents since followed a more common sense approach of hiding the oval office criminal enterprise as well as possible.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

"My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government" Barack Obama, January 28, 2009

"Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency"Barack Obama, January 21, 2009

A democracy requires accountability, and accountability requires transparency. As Justice Louis Brandeis wrote, 'sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants.' In our democracy, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), which encourages accountability through transparency, is the most prominent expression of a profound national commitment to ensuring an open Government. At the heart of that commitment is the idea that accountability is in the interest of the Government and the citizenry alike. . . .

All agencies should adopt a presumption in favor of disclosure, in order to renew their commitment to the principles embodied in FOIA, and to usher in a new era of open Government"Barack Obama, January 21, 2009

Oh goody, it only took a couple of years.
But even as an Obama supporter, I have to say "lead by example"...for cripes sake! Show the birth certificate and then get on with the rest of the "transparency" such as disclosing the true extent of detainee abuse, revealing the true nature of Wall Street's hand in the Tarp cookie jar and detailing just which corporate cronies visit the White House.

Otherwise, it's all just window dressing.

www.salon.com...

edit on 8/11/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Here we go again, Obama is deliberately destroying America's security! Doesn't he know that there is a war on terror going on right now!! Or does he just not care!!! Obama bad!!!!

This development will probably not go down well with Obama's enemies in the administration, in Washington generally, and in the ignorant American populace at large. It is a sure sign that he actually stands for truth, justice, and the American way, three things that terrified modern Americans and their corporate handlers cannot stomach.

(Ever wonder why Batman is more popular than Superman?)

P.S. Nice work Obama too little too late!!!!! /sarcasm
edit on 8-11-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: added postscript

P.P.S. SO CALLED IT. Check the post below.

edit on 8-11-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: added gloating

He stands for truth, justice and the American way? So that's what's going on in the Gulf of Mexico! Someone better tell the folks down their that being chemically poisoned for months with government consent is the American way of truth and justice. I'm sure that will make them feel better.
edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's window dressing. Give them a few crumbs to keep them quiet.

THIS is the MOST TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION EVER that he promised??? Yeah, right. He will only fool the fools.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

How is that transparency working out for you so far?

Oh my gosh, if anyone falls for the emporer's clothes routine at this time, they are surely blind (pun intended).

Tell me folks, why was the new Consumer Protection Agency (don't you just love the innocuous names) put under the same umbrella as the Federal Reserve? Hmmm? Answer THAT one for me. Oh, how did that audit the fed bill work out? Notice how almost all the people that signed on as cosponsors bailed on it. Tell me, how much Quantitative Easing happened in the first round? Do you know, does anyone except just a few know in the Fed? Does Obama know? Or is he just another puppet?

Tell me folks, why did the Health Care Tax Bill go under cover during that whole cramming down the throat surgery?

Tell me folks, why would you even imagine to listen to this liar? Would you like me to put up about 50 videos of him blatantly LYING?

Maybe you should get your head out of the sand and ask REAL questions. Just maybe.

new topics

top topics

join