It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is a chinese radar truck in the us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Could it be that a private party bought this for a particular purpose? May have been cheaper to buy it from China! It looks like the truck is outfitted for some sort of electrical work capabilities, but the extend-able sides leave me guessing.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Anyone see the writing "In English" above the little red equipment placard that reads "Antenna Mast Group" there's also a line drawing with dimensions. At first I thought the side panels were some kind of foldaway phased radar array as is used on the patriot system, but I think they just fold down, There was just a hint of some hydraulic's in what i'd call the center of the "Bed" between the 2 fold down sides.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hmm.... i'd say it is a bought/captured vehicle on it's way to be investigated,by the U.S military somewhere.
Or it could have been bought by a private company that is contracted to the U.S military for some purpose.
Thirdly is could have been bought by a private collector of military vehicles.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The obvious would be joint military training exercises or war games with the Chinese. Unless you want to think they are planning on invading us with 1960's troop trucks scattered throughout the US.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There are 3 possiblities:
1) It is an allies vehicle, South Korea, or Japanese or even Tiwan vehicle, that is brought over for there to be a joint exercise to be done at a military base.
2) Before the end of the cold war, they would do mock ups of Russian and Warsaw pact military vehicles, to be used during exercises, where tacticts that the US military would be known and in short pit squads against each other as a means to prepare for a conflict with the Soviet Union and its allies.
3) As we do have some contracts with several Asian countries who are allies with the US, it could be a brand new vehicle that is being transported to be shipped to the country that purchased it. Most of the time, vehicles like that are moved on the back of a semi, then loaded onto a train and transported to a dock to be shipped to an end destination. My guess would be the last possiblity, a new vehicle destined to either South Korea or Tiwan.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

why did the guy taking the vid - not just ask the driver of the low loader - surely easier than sensationalist video

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ok - this is NOT chinese - its japanese , the base unit is a mitsubishi fw415 truck

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Could it not just be on its way to a film set, maybe it was ordered in from some company who mock up military vehicles for movies. It doesnt always have to be something to worry about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Did it occur to ANYONE the remake of Red Dawn primers this week, this might be a local movie house's way to PROMOTE the movie???
edit on 11/9/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Two things...
First, why no close-ups of the black on gray placards, only the red on gray ones? I thought I saw some additional english but the camera didn't focus long enough. Why would the cameraman avoid these unless it was inconvenient to show that maybe they were in not Chinese. I need more detailed pics of those placards.

Also couldn't find that star and wing combo insignia.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was probably bought off the world open market from some country that needed the money, like the 3 Russian fighters we had back at Wright-Patterson AFB we bought from one the Stan countries after the wall fell, and is on it's way to White Sands Missile Range on the other side of the pass to the east of Las Cruces. Researching foreign weapon systems is one of their main roles in the DoD.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

its spit brand new

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok - this is NOT chinese - its japanese , the base unit is a mitsubishi fw415 truck

Correct. Note that the steering wheel is on the right side of the cabin. Japanese uses Chinese characters, and I'd say the "style" looks more Japanese. Why didn't the person who took the video simply ask someone? It is on a flatbed because it's not street legal, and no-one is making any attempt to hide it. Most likely, there is a movie being shot in the desert and this is a borrowed "prop."

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlgernonBT
Anyone see the writing "In English" above the little red equipment placard that reads "Antenna Mast Group" there's also a line drawing with dimensions.

Yeah I noticed that and did a little digging....

The OE-349 Antenna Mast Group Antenna Mast Group
The OE-349 Antenna Mast Group (AMG) is mounted on an M927 5-Ton Cargo Truck. It includes four 4 kW antennas in two pairs on remotely controlled masts. The antennas can be controlled in azimuth, and the masts can be elevated up to 100 feet 11 inches (30.76 m) above ground level. Mounted at the base of each pair of antennas are two high-power amplifiers associated with the antennas and the radios in the collocated shelter. It is through these antennas that the ECS and ICC send their respective UHF "shots" to create the PADIL network.

Looks like this is connected to The US MIM-104 Patriot, I don't know though so hope this extra bit of info helps solve the puzzle, great catch OP whatever it is and what it's doing there...

See - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Who cares? I know a guy with a half destroyed nazi plane in his back yard.. and plenty of israeli tank parts/gear.. Well the guy died a couple months ago but my point is this is America.. Theres no telling who bought that or why lol.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention the guy was a freemason lol.. last name was even Mason. had tons of guns that were used in different wars.
edit on 9-11-2010 by kronnikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HollowJacket

Also towards the end of the video, the person who uploaded it points out the word "IRAN" on the back of the truck. Maybe were just learning what their mobile-radar capabilities are . . . however we can . . .

edit on 8-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: (no reason given)

IRAN is a very common acronym used with military equipment for sale. It means Inspected &Repaired As Needed.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Good call. Looks like I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hung out in a truck similar to that in the Marines.. we tracked weather balloons, aka 'met-missions".. "mike echo tango mike".

No idea what that was tho.. just say'n

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The video has been removed as of 12:18 EST.

But that's not my point. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm only stating the obvious. China, right now, owns more American real estate than Americans do; so until we rectify that problem, that truck has every right to be in this country. I couldn't watch the video and I'm not sure if this is an isolated "incident" but we may see more of this in the future as our Chinese owners come to collect their debt.
I just hope that Obama doesn't do what Roosevelt did and sell us into slavery to the Chinese with some form of Social Security-like program.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Hi

I agree. Slightly off topic I've included a link to gariac's site (he regular posts on the Area 51 board). Scoll down half way and you'll see some amazing Russian equipment 'acquired' by the US for testing at the TTR (Tonopah Test Range).

www.lazygranch.com...

Peace!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join