It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is a chinese radar truck in the us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
let me start by saying i have no information other than the video
but i find it very strange there is a chineeze army radar vechicle and semi parked up in a carpark in the us
do you guys usually trade technology with china
part of some execise?
does this mean anything?
i dont know if its something to be worried about but i have no answers and hope by posting the truth will come out
why is this in the us?

weird dont know what to do with this info so mabey ats can help

xp
edit on 2010/11/8 by GradyPhilpott because: Corrected spelling in title.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

reply to post by XPLodER

Interesting indeed. I'm just as curious to find out what is inside the
Semi

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/11/8 by GradyPhilpott because: see notes above.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is weird. Its right up the road from Cuidad-Juarez, maybe some Smug-Druggling Kingpin had to have it for his arsenal. Looks like its in a parking lot I dont see any other military equipment...also how do we know it's a "radar" truck

Also towards the end of the video, the person who uploaded it points out the word "IRAN" on the back of the truck. Maybe were just learning what their mobile-radar capabilities are . . . however we can . . .

edit on 8-11-2010 by HollowJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It is odd, I'll grant you. However, what identifies this vehicle as a radar truck? The Youtube explanation offers no evidence of this either. Secondly, how do we know it is Chinese? Can anyone out there in ATS land tell the difference between Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnemese, etc? It has Asian characters combined with arabic numbers. Do the Chinese use arabic numbers? I did cursory online research and could find no connection betwen the star with wings symbol and the chinese military. They typically have yellow stars on red, no "wings". Also, per the claim that a plate says "Iran", i couldn't see it. An odd sight, I admit, but I don't see evidence of a "Chinese radar truck" in this video. And exactly how is Albertson's involved?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Pretty much this.
Odd yes, but nefarious? I think not.

I think the "radar" comes form the dish that may be ready to spring out of the back. More than likely satcom if it even is a dish. The unfamiliar body lines and foreign tags just scream ("Shock and Awe") target to me. . . Probably Korean and getting moved to the Veterans day parade location. . .
edit on 8-11-2010 by algaedyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

The characters are indeed Chinese. But I agree with the rest of your post. Too many questions, no answers

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I didn't see any Arabic writing. I definitely looks Chinese though. Very odd.

My first guess was that it may be for some sort of public military display/convention. However, public displays usually feature classic vehicles. This looked brand new, like it was made last week or something.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Could it be an older truck purchased from the Chinese to be converted for use in tornado tracking? I am pretty sure they use radar trucks in that line of work. I have never owned a radar truck I am just speculating on possible uses and it might be retired military equipment?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well I can confirm that it is in fact in Las Cruces as I live here, and I know right where that is. If that vid is from today I will shoot down there and see if it is still there.

Hmmmm very interesting.

Maybe I should go put a few extra holes in it while I'm there.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

video was uploaded today and mabey if its not to far away you could take a cam?
it would be interesting to get close ups of any writting and also the semi
thanks
xp

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

What's the big mystery about the semi? It's obviously an Albertson trailer.
So what does that have to do with this so-called Chinese vehicle?
It is a parking lot right by a Quintas Hotel/Motel. Mystery Semi??

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

i think if this is a radar truck and its operational then
you would require a mobile comand center to operate out of
the semi might not be connected but i think it might be
there is a long "cable" wrapped around the back of the radar truck that might be used to connect
the radar dish to the semi
xp

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Does the New Mexico landscape look anything like the landscape of Israel/Iran? Possibly for Disinfo video?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by Mr. D

What's the big mystery about the semi? It's obviously an Albertson trailer.
So what does that have to do with this so-called Chinese vehicle?
It is a parking lot right by a Quintas Hotel/Motel. Mystery Semi??

Common method of transportation for Black Op's is to hide equipment
in civilian modes of transport so as not to arouse suspicion. I'm
"surprised" you didn't know that?

Edit: It also looks like it is hiding the radar vehical. Why would the parade
a chinese military vehical in an american veterans parade

edit on 8-11-2010 by Mr. D because: already noted.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that it is Chinese. My guess would be Korean, and it is in rout to one of several desert ranges for joint exercises. Or for pilot training discerning different radar signatures

You can bet that if it was captured or nefarious, it would not be sitting in a hotel parking lot. Two drivers, non stop.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. The pictograms do indeed appear to be chinese (definitely not Thai or Korean). It's possibly Taiwanese. I'll be doing some research this evening to see if I can track down the "winged" symbol. I cannot say if it is or is not a mobile radar unit. There appears to be some sort of platform or deck folded against the sides of the rig, but no indication of a radar antenna (although it may be folded down atop the unit).

Assuming that it IS a radar truck or mobile anti aircraft artillery piece, it is probably headed for one of the military bombing ranges scattered over the southwest. Since at least the 70's, the Nellis range has been equipped with various examples of working mobile radars from whatever countries were considered a threat at any given time. They are used to train our pilots to avoid/evade enemy radars in a variety of attack scenarios as well as assisting in the development of radar countermeasures. The methods used to acquire this "enemy" equipment is always shrouded in mystery but the fact is that they do exist and were/are being used for training.

Since this unit is not under "wraps" or concealed, I would guess that it is a Taiwanese knockoff of a current Chinese military technology on its way to being used as described above.

As for the Albertsons truck parked beside the lowboy on which the radar truck is sitting, I'd say that it's an Albertsons delivery truck. Both drivers chose to stay at this particular motel (which undoubtedly advertises "Truck Parking" as an enticement to tired drivers. I mean, Las Cruces isn't exactly a major city with dozens of hotels catering to truck drivers....).

Just my $0.002 (adjusted for inflation...LOL)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I understand completely what you and another poster are saying.
It could be what is going on. I see the Quintas Hotel sign in the
background. I see semi's and trucks of all kinds parked at hotels/
motels whenever I travel. It makes sense to me that if I was a truck
driver, I would want to park as close to the office as I could for security
reasons, if nothing else. I simply believe the Albertson truck pulled
in first, and then the shorter easily seen antenna truck, pulled
alongside so it also could be seen from the front desk. Who knows?
It is entirely possible that the larger trailer is used for the antenna
truck to hook up its long cable to some other type of equipment
somewhere. But it's just speculation from all of us.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

But the writing is Chinese, not Korean.
edit on 8-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If I remember correctly this was confiscated off a ship that was on its way to Iran along with other military gear that was against the law to have sold to Iran.

Just the fact it is sitting out in public with no tarp covering shows that the government does not care if people sees it.

It appears to me that it may be capable of being used to control missiles which would not be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Good catch, I do seem to remember that training with enemy and or
other countries equipment does take place. Russian equipment
or old WWII vehicals in Europe was used as target practice on ranges

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join