It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop blaming others and focus on yourself – NY mayor’s advice to America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Article

“I think in America we’ve got to stop blaming the Chinese and blaming everybody else and take a look at ourselves,” Bloomberg said while addressing a meeting on climate change in Hong Kong.

Bloomberg warned that the habit of making scapegoats out of other things can backfire badly. “If you look at the US, you look at who we are electing to Congress, to the Senate – they can’t read,” the New York mayor said. “I’ll bet you a bunch of these people don’t have passports. We are about to start a trade war with China, if we are not careful here, only because nobody knows where China is, nobody knows what China is.”

So NYC’s mayor is wondering how one can criticize the country that’s offering cheaper ways to produce green energy? The US’s supposed to be all for it, but apparently not when it’s made in China.

Journalist and author Richard Peres says the US should realize that it's part of a global economy and educate its citizens.“Americans tend to not travel, they tend to not learn foreign languages, and America is very isolated from the rest of the world. I think what Mayor Bloomberg said is true – they do not read, they do get most of the news from the TV,” he stressed.
“It is unfortunate but the educational system is where America has to focus, get better educated and competitive,” he added.
“The US is in a global economy and they have to compete like everyone else and not look for excuses.”

I believe the message is pretty on point here. I dont know much about Bloomberg. Ive heard good and bad stuff about him. Either way, the message is still right, atleast in my opinion.

The message also goes into peoples own lives, not just politics and stuff. Sometimes you just cant keep blaming others for everything. People need to take personal responsibility.

On the politics side - what is there to gain if we keep blaming other nations for our own problems? Im mad at some of the stuff the US government does, but Im more embarrased by their priorities these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You can bet he is high up in free masonry. If you have heard of mourinho, the real madrid manager he is like the mayor equivalent of him.

Bloomberg thinks he is special, and he must of gone through those degrees, to think this i assume.

Have you seen, mourinho the manager of real madrid, how he calls himself all these wonderful names, this is like what bloomberg is like. Massive ego maniac.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Easy advice from a billionaire liar who wants to take my guns and rights away.

Hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Still won't address the fact that manipulating your currency to be undervalued hurts the USA. It doesn't matter if it's them or us, it's whatever the truth is.
edit on 8-11-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You are probably right. As Mason's we do pride ourselves on taking responsibility for our own actions. We also tend to be a little conservative, and because of the high caliber of person that joins Masonry, they are often found in places of power, influence, and success.

To think that somebody telling the unpopular truth that we should be blaming ourselves for some of our own mess is a Mason is a high honor to the fraternity, and we thank you.

There were some "negative" ads here in Florida against Steve Southerland for saying something similar. His opponent kept running this ad where Stever would say, "I'll tell you who to blame, it is all of us, it is you, and it is me." The opponent tried to spin it to where Southerland was blaming all of us for our woes, but for some reason Southerland won in a landslide? Imagine that? People actually listening and getting the real message instead of the spin?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i think as whole hes right in what hes saying , but on a personal basis i think its crap tbh, the american people dont decide who the u.s picks their wars with, and even if they did the elite would just do what they want anyway, or create more false flags and murdering innocent americans to go to war.

it wasnt the american citezens fault the the u.s dollar is going to collapse again that falls on the heads of the corrupt government and elits that have made strategic moves in order for this to happen.

it wasnt the american citezens fault that they have to bail out the banks, again thats due to the corrupt bankers and the elite and wall street.

china has signed a deal with russia which is the number one fuel supplier on the planet now, china and russia are enemys of the u.s, if the u.s were to rely on china or russia for thier fuel needs and they were to go to war, then they would just stop shipments of fuel to the u.s, this is why i believe the u.s wont make a deal with china.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would bet the wy he talks, and what he thinks of himself, he has gone through alot of ranks and degrees.

He does think he is special, and i think europe sees people like that in mourinho.

I think they get that idea, from going through the degrees and probably passing them quickly.

The geezer is an ego maniac.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I was being sarcastic. Know, there is no "ego" degree.
I have been through the degrees, and even served as Worshipful Master of my Lodge. There is absolutely nothing in Masonry that would make you feel special or egotistical. If anything it teaches you to be more humble, as you are a part of something bigger than yourself. We also teach that charity is one of our most important duties.

Nope, the reason for my sarcasm is because this guy is correct in what he says, and we all need to be more responsible for ourselves, but some will criticize and even call him ... . . .. . a Mason?

new topics

top topics

join