It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the *girl=slut man=stud" question.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is something that has eluded me for many years and i still havent got to the bottom of it.

why if a woman sleeps around or has had many partners shes a slut but if a man has had many partners hes a stud?

surely both of them are sluts?

it is more acceptable in society for men to have multiple partners or a sex-buddy or to play the field, nobody bats an eye, however if a woman has multiple partners or a sex-buddy or plays the field shes a slut/whore and will actually be outcast from thier peers, and beat up by other girls.

this thought came to me again when i watch the film easy a, women dont like sluts....why is this? jealousy?

id appreciate your thoughts on this

thanks guys

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Probably because the ones name calling are the ones who cant do that. has nothing to do with morals.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think that this comes from an evolutionary aspect. Men conquered and women nurtured. I really think this is going the way of the Dodo though.

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
thanks guys

And girls.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am all for the feminism movement you be as big as sluts as you want, and males too.

Just as long as i do not take part.

Why is a male interested in sex a predator, while a woman horny?

See it works both ways.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

It's simple.

A women can easily get sex from men...it isn't a challenge...she mostly has her pick. Any decent looking women can go into a bar...and go home with almost any man in the bar if she is willing to. When a women gets a guy to sleep with her...it's not challenge...it is just a matter of being willing and picking who she wants.

A man has to work for it. Any decent looking man goes into a bar...and has to work...has to attract..to stand out...to "win". When a guy gets a women to sleep with him in...it is a victory.

So that is why some women are seen as "easy"...they are "easy" to win. By default...almost all men are easy...because they are the hunters...not the prey. Women are the prey...and so when they sleep around a lot.

And let's not forget...women call each other sluts as a derogatory term...not men. When men call women sluts...it's a compliment.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This was brought up in my Evolutionary Psychology class.
It's very complex and there is a lot to it.
Too much for me to write a book about here.
(I'm tired).

Get a good evolutionary psychology text book and read up. It's interesting.
(or it could just be a load of bunk .. either way ... interesting reading)
Men want a place to plant their seed and to be sure that seed is theirs.
Having a virgin women is the only way to be sure.
Women call other women 'sluts' so that men won't want them.
Even though men and women aren't aware of this motivation, it's there.
From an evolutionary stand ... it's left over from cave man days.
Men wanted to take care of their own .. make sure their DNA was being passed down.
Women wanted the best men because they'd be the ones to survive and be able to take care of them.
Men who could father children were (and still are) considered healthy and able to take care of women.

Can't write all that's in the book ... but you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
can i point out that this thread is not pertaining to me, i have a fiance and a child

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks for that, when put like that it makes sense

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

can i point out that this thread is not pertaining to me, i have a fiance and a child

Slut.

Sorry I just had to.

link   

Sociologically speaking these traits are all geared towards the most ideal methods of procreating the species. Women having more than one partner ensures maximum genetic diversity of the offspring. Males sewing their genes in a wider pool accomplishes the same.

'Twas patriarchal religion that mucked this all up and assigned largely gender biases roles to present day males and females.

So blame male jealousy and the Church for the standards of today.

~Heff

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So where you or the writer of the book there during caveman times, to tell us that it was different.

I thought i heard that dolphins take part in recreational sex.

So during caveman years, did the dolphins also need a relationship?

The book is rubbish you read.

It always amazes me that people talk about evolution and cavemen, how the hell do you know how they felt?

Can anyone tell us how richard(i callanyone names as they do not agree with me) dawkins, knows how cavemen would respond to females in his time.
edit on 11/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This is just another form of blaming women for male weaknesses. While the ladies of the West get called names the Burqa wearing ladies of the East are stoned to death.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It definitely revolves around other women's jealousy. Men (in general...not all men) embrace the term "slut", while women discard it. Without going into too much detail about my personal life, my wife and I can speak from experience on this topic. I can talk to the OP via U2U about experiences that have led to this certainty; however it is not a topic for discussion via the main forums.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I would have thought that with "third generation feminism" it's become the other way round.
Men who place a lot of stock in how much sex they get are labelled shallow and idiotic while women who do it are labelled empowered, and applauded for "owning their sexuality"

Have you ever seen sex in the city? Do you imagine a program about a group of men that constantly sleep around and then compare the quality of their respective partners would be received very well?
Can you image a TV program where it would be acceptable for a group of men to be sitting around in a cafe comparing the taste of their lovers private parts.

I doubt such a program would win awards or be made into a movie.
edit on 8-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

hahaha meanie

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am sure most males want all slutty females.

The way i see the world is females should be as slutty as they want, and same with males.

But as long as the sluts do not come near me, its ok in my world. That has nothing to do with cavemen attitude, is is to do with how i am and not being interested in sex with them period, but the funny thing is females think all males want them, and especially the very good looking ones. The very good looking ones are the funniest as they think they can cure gays, lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Where does this stuff come from.

My entire life is as follows;

Girl sleeps around = slut
Man sleeps around = manwhore, garbage cock, etc. ( there is actually more terms for men than women in my area).

Neither are to be used for long term relationships.

Maybe it's just my area, but it's pretty equal in the thinking, sleep around at your own risk. It is not socially acceptable for either sex to do it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

why if a woman sleeps around or has had many partners shes a slut but if a man has had many partners hes a stud?

surely both of them are sluts?

Both of them are sluts.

The difference is that a half-decent looking woman can have sex with 99% of the men that she meets on a daily basis, anytime she wants.

A woman has sex available to her anytime she wants.

A man, on the other hand, has to work for sex, and use skill and seduction techniques to attract the woman in to bed.

Obviously, if a man is exceptionally good looking, then he mighn't have to work as hard, but he still normally has to go a lot further than just saying ''fancy a quickie'' to achieve sex.

Then again, if the woman's drunk, then a man's chance of a sexual dalliance increases exponentially.

it is more acceptable in society for men to have multiple partners or a sex-buddy or to play the field, nobody bats an eye, however if a woman has multiple partners or a sex-buddy or plays the field shes a slut/whore and will actually be outcast from thier peers, and beat up by other girls.

Sex equals babies.

Besides from the fact that women can have sex at the drop of the hat, the social stigma that attaches to female promiscuity is purely down to the potential consequences of her actions.

Millions of years of evolution has defined sexual attraction and activity between genders.

Women are normally much more selective in picking a mate, because they have the option of choice.

This is why even the most sluttiest woman will not have actually slept with that many men; as opposed to her male counterpart.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Even though i have no interest in females, one thing is for sure either sluts as females or sluts as males, will always be a bad partner for who ever.

Trust is something they will never know is it?
edit on 11/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Women are mainly attracted to a man's status. If a man has a lot of women after him then women will want to fight for that man. He will be seen as important and valuable. Women will view him as being a great candidate for the father of her children. If a man sleeps around it's seen as a good thing for both the man who is spreading his seed and the women who want to win the trophy. The people who are openly against it are are being openly jealous. Women who sleep around are seen as "sluts" because men and women are jealous of the "slut's" men, aka trophies. People are jealous and selfish. It's only natural.
edit on 8-11-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typo

edit on 8-11-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join