It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are commiting Political Suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
One of the strengths of the Obama message was generational change. He was just a big government liberal but he put a new, young face on it. This is why I said John McCain was the worst candidate Republicans could nominate to go against Obama.

It's funny how the tables have turned. Republicans have the young guns like Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan. They have young , smart and attractive women like Haley and Kristi Noem. They have blacks and Cuban Americans like Marco Rubio.

The Democrats have the same over the hill gang. Pelosi, Reid, Clyburn, Barney Frank, Charles Rangel, Stenny Hoyer. These are the same old faces saying the same old things.

If the Democrats go into 2012 with Pelosi and Reid as the face of the party, they will lose the White House, the Senate and the State House will be entriched with Republican control for years.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

The problem with your argument is that you assume Democrats were ever smart. They're not. They have good ideas and if they could articulate their ideas in a smart way, they would win so much more, because a lot of people are socially liberal and would agree with what they're saying. A lot of people would at least agree with the whole "Fighting for the Little Man" thing, since Republicans (the mainstream ones) fight for Corporate Interests, SAYING they care about 'values' but in reality doing nothing about those values. However, Democrats are stupid at politics. They whine when they don't get their way and are pushovers, and then they fight for Corporate Interests too, and fail to realize that this is why they are not getting elected!!

So if the Democrats were smart, they would stop letting the Republicans walk all over them and they would put the argument back in their own court, since the reason they lose is because they let Republicans set the agenda. If the Democrats had enough b**ls to oust the Republicans for who they really are, the Democrats would be elected in a heartbeat. But it seems that the Democrats are either weak/cowardly, or they are just as much corporate shills as Republicans, because they won't show the public who the Republicans really are.

In short, I have lost a lot of faith in my treasured Democrats, and I never had much faith in Republicans to begin with....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
reply to post by buddhasystem

The way it is now (one party running the senate and one running the house) is the best arrangement we could hope for at this time. Each party has to have equal pull in order to have a chance in hell of representing all types of people. In fact, I'd like to see a law that specifically prohibited any party from controlling both the house and the senate.

THANK YOU!!! This is what I've been saying for years! It happened with Clinton, it happened with Bush, it happened with Obama. WHEN ONE PARTY IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING, BAD THINGS HAPPEN!!!

THIS is why need checks and balances!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The way I see it, at least the Democrats tried and actually did SOMETHING, as opposed to Republicans who did, well, NOTHING, in the face of a historic crisis. Further, the Repubs have zero in way of ideas how to move forward. See Douthat's article in today's paper. Chanting "we don't like big govt" does get not lots of things done, believe it or not.
Alot of us don;'t agree liberal ideas are "forward" ( as in a positive direction) only you guys do without question.

Sometimes doing"nothing" IS better than just doing "something" ( just "anything"). The govt has limited powers and should abide by them.

To quote clair wolfe: " If they don't wanta civil disturbance ; why don' they quit disturbing us."

The Govt produces nothing,.. They can't give any body anything they don't take from somebody else first. I wish our officials went to d.c about once every 6 weeks; voted on a few bills;came home to their constituents and got input for the next round,All this free time up there they get influenced by lobbyist money.And they forge their alliances and plans to get reelected.

<< 1   >>

join