It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider (LHC) generates a 'mini-Big Bang'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I do not mean to sound Arrogant but arrogance befits arrogance, The discovery of the behaviors of lead Ions is but a nice little stepping stone in Humanity's true hunt for understanding, It also has EVERYTHING to do with research in the higgs field and the structure of the universe.
( I already explained this if your going to reply to me at-least read more than ONE WORD )

I only reply because you seem to be the most prolific poster in this thread, Prejudice is also the greatest fault of your people, Just because I am TELLING you information that's perhaps beyond your comprehension,
There's no need to revert to when your people where burning your own kind for simply having prophetic thoughts about the modern-industrial era.

Humanity needs to pull out of the Nuclear Dark Ages on their own not with our help.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
wouldnt it be kinda freaky, if our own universe was in a supercollider somewhere...that something is watching our progress???

Wouldnt it be freaky if our universe is in our supercollider? We create outselves....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
it isnt going to blow us up, and even if it did, we would never know, it would be a sudden, *yawn* i wonder whats for dinner..KABOOM, all gone. But seriously LHC cant make that much energy to kill us anyway.

I support this, you know whats even funnier? that in hundred years the LHC could be a hand held device, to study how universes form, think about it, computers were once the size of rooms, not its a hand held device.

We must study these things, in full depth because if we dont, well we are a useless species.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
I hope something happens like from the game, Half Life.

That would be awesome. lol.

well the Part of Half Life you are talking about is a Tribute to the Montauk Project

Maybe Something Like the Movie called Myst ?

or my Favorite Game !
Retro

Another World Hi-Res Intro

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas

I do not mean to sound Arrogant but arrogance befits arrogance

...and ignorance begets ignorance, so it seems.

The discovery of the behaviors of lead Ions is but a nice little stepping stone in Humanity's true hunt for understanding, It also has EVERYTHING to do with research in the higgs field

...as a person involved in heavy-ion and LHC research at various times, I declare this statement of your void of meaning.

I only reply because you seem to be the most prolific poster in this thread, Prejudice is also the greatest fault of your people

...as pomp and hubris are for some others.

Just because I am TELLING you information that's perhaps beyond your comprehension

...on the contrary, your feeble attempt at pop-science discourse did not challenge my mental capacity even for a microsecond.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I am totally naive to the CERN project. They keep claiming this and that but what have we learnt? I mean in plain English terms?
reply to post by Pershing1973

The whole purpose of the experiment is to confirm the existence of the particle called "Higgs". Higgs is needed in the Standard Model of Electro-Weak Theory to give the mass to the elementary particles like electrons and others. It is to verify the prediction made by the toy model of the universe. It didn't mean to prove new energy source, new method of the space travel or time travel or anything exotic. In a way, it is a gigantic waste of money but something you have to do. Because that is the level of our science we have reached so far and this is something you have to overcome to get to the next level.

However, the physics gets more interesting if they do not find Higgs.

If they find Higgs, I would consider it the dead end of our physics because there is nothing more to learn.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love the people who say that "we shouldn't be doing this, it's not worth the risk!"

1)The risk is NOT large, if at all existent. This has been confirmed by multiple independent panels of experts, these panels were created specifically for the reason of studying the LHC's safety risk.

2)How are we supposed to know more of the universe if we don't bother to study it because of the "risk"? It seems like the Christians are especially big on this as they assume that because "God" created the universe that we don't need to know anything about it. How will we ever grow as a species if we're too scared to study things outside of the our realm of understanding? This is the problem with funding for space exploration as well. If we knew anything that was good for us, instead of pumping billions in to the defense budget, we should be spending those billions on studying outer space, given the fact that we will eventually have to move there to survive as a species, as our planet will become uninhabitable in less than a billion years (I don't have the exact numbers right now).

I sure wish that we had the gumption as a country and species to explore space like we did back in the 50s, 60s and even 70s to an extent. If we would have continued at that pace we would have had a manned mission to Mars over 20 years ago (if not better), and we should have had humans exploring the outer solar system if not OUTSIDE of the solar system by this time. We really need to get our heads on straight.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So if it was a mini big bang are the builders of the LHC manchine now self proclaimed gods of that new universe in the making ?

A mini big bang my arse

So will it be expanding into our universe?

I think this maybe miss labeled perhaps? should really read LHC makes very tiny expolsion for 3 billion and finds out nothing, there will always be something smaller & bigger there is no god particle,

nassim haramein
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

I am totally naive to the CERN project. They keep claiming this and that but what have we learnt? I mean in plain English terms?
reply to post by Pershing1973

The whole purpose of the experiment is to confirm the existence of the particle called "Higgs". Higgs is needed in the Standard Model of Electro-Weak Theory to give the mass to the elementary particles like electrons and others. It is to verify the prediction made by the toy model of the universe. It didn't mean to prove new energy source

With all due respect, the original research into radioactivity and various radioactive elements did not aim at discovery of any new energy source yet it happened. I would also refrain from using the words "toy model". They simply don't do justice to a pretty remarkable achievement.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
mini big bang my arse

Sorry but I decline

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
it isnt going to blow us up, and even if it did, we would never know, it would be a sudden, *yawn* i wonder whats for dinner..KABOOM, all gone. But seriously LHC cant make that much energy to kill us anyway.

I support this, you know whats even funnier? that in hundred years the LHC could be a hand held device, to study how universes form, think about it, computers were once the size of rooms, not its a hand held device.

We must study these things, in full depth because if we dont, well we are a useless species.

The size of the room now they are hand held, this is quite abit bigger considering the size of the track

maybe the size of a small village

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
mini big bang my arse

Sorry but I decline

LMAO

I was going to write back... so you disagree? and then it hit me

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks, if it wasn't for you and other ATS members I wouldn't even know the LHC was being fired up.
I don't watch the news anymore being that it sucks. And when the mainstream news does report on the LHC it's only once for 10 seconds. Thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

With all due respect, the original research into radioactivity and various radioactive elements did not aim at discovery of any new energy source yet it happened. I would also refrain from using the words "toy model". They simply don't do justice to a pretty remarkable achievement.

Regardless, I would like to entertain the liberty of calling it a "toy model". Because there is more than a plenty of chance that it woudn't be the final model of the universe.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

funny you should say that, because for all we know, we could be a simulation, of how universes form, so to another race we could be tools of learning/.

Imagen our universe is a pool, all of us are in this pool, execpt there are beings standing outside the pool looking in, obvering.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The LHC is probably a portal to bring some more demons here.
I love science, but our intention and vibrations as a whole is very negative and fear based at the moment and LHC
will most likely be used for evil.
It's just like the invention of gun powder was used for fireworks originally
and eventually someone evil came along and used gun powder to kill people faster.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
The LHC is probably a portal to bring some more demons here.

I hate daemons... They are evil!

I love science, but our intention and vibrations as a whole is very negative

You said it. Our vibrations are quite negative. We have to watch the vibrators.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
I love the people who say that "we shouldn't be doing this, it's not worth the risk!"

1)The risk is NOT large, if at all existent. This has been confirmed by multiple independent panels of experts, these panels were created specifically for the reason of studying the LHC's safety risk.

And I love the people who can say with such certainty the LHC is perfectly safe. It really is quite amazing how some humans think they are all knowing gods on things they really have a 0.000000000000000000000000001% understanding of...any REAL scientist would understand the experiments carried out by the LHC are not fail safe, and not everything can be predicted, especially when creating with things like big-bag type conditions. You really think something like that will DEFINITELY have no undesirable outcomes? Come on now...any one with a brain can see there is a degree of risk involved here. These "experts" and people who apparently "know what they are doing", are trying to dig into the heart of reality and ultimately discover how the universe was created...so please enlighten me as to how they can already be sure what will happen? Why are they looking at all if they are so god damn smart...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast SearcherI'm not sure how I feel about it...I like progress...but then again I don't like people messing with stuff they don't completely understand.

I feel the same way. I love progress. However, we really don't understand all that much about how the big bang worked or what the effects could have been. But then again, we never know before we try huh? Same thing about the idiots in Washington wanted to scoot the earth away from the sun (I'm not kidding) to cool down global warming... We have absolutely NO idea what that would do to us. So...

I'm not against the LHC or the work going on there. I just hope, hope they think out all the possibilities before they do it and weigh their decision based on that. They're obviously smart folks so unlike politicians, I guess we can trust 'em.

**Edit**
How do we know, that a previous galaxy didn't exist here? That they progress just like we did, toy around with the big bang and blew themselves up creating a new big bang which eventually led to us? Now we're following in their footsteps doomed to repeat history just like the folks that'll come after us? Mind boggling!

edit on 9-11-2010 by Frontkjemper because: See the **Edit** section. (I.e. added more stuff)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreaming
reply to post by new_here

It is an april fools joke ! The article is quite funny and the date is April the 1st. Reputable papper with "happy 1st of April readers!" written at the end.

Oh dear me... *slinks aways*
I do hope no one who read it stroked out before they got to the last line!
Thanks, dreaming.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join