It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old is government? Why isn't land free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Where did the origin of government arise from? If everyone had mutual respect for one another there wouldnt need to be a government. (and no disrespect) Why cant we just build a house the way we want to on "god" given land without permits and whatnot? I understand houses need proper structuring and all that good stuff and i understand the economy. We all need to pitch in, but when situations are basically forced upon us, theres no choice in the matter. Just like life, all of us didnt ask to be born but i do appreciate exisitng rather than not existing.

Life is the most beautiful gift that can ever be granted, ever! I personally thank the creator or creators, whichever may be. I know i'm jumping around my own thread here but who is to say what is right for me, right for you, right for us?

What can we do to make the world we live in a truly better place without the need for law? If we all had mutual respect/love for eachother we wouldnt need laws to abide by. Love would/will conqueor law. At the same time I understand we all need that little kick in the a$$, guidance, and help to jump start individualism. We all have the opportunity to make ourselves better but we can never do it alone.

Can we not be individuals and stand together on the foundations of love and respect?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

i too wish all humans and animals could live freely but there will always be those of us who don't understand the concept of peace, love, respect, and equality. i feel sad when i think deeply about this subject because i fear i will never see the day where we can all live in the way which was intended. humans kind of suck...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As nice as it would be for all land to be free it would be a disaster....
Who would decide who gets what land "If any land would still be left as people would just take take take".

How would you feel if you live the same life as someone else, same school grades, same sort of job, same life style but he gets the piece of land with ocean view and closer to shops and schools, but you have to walk miles to get anywhere and through dangerous terrain and so on.......

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Natural science and philosophy were the guide from the start. Man as hunter and gatherer utilized them both, probably unknowingly in most cases, as instinct. They are more ancient and sacred than any religion, surely.

My guess is government is as old as languages and religions. Laws were presumed necessary if not for educational purposes, then for discouragement, accountability and order. Then there is the fear of the unknown, of the next natural disaster, predator, or sickness. This leads to superstition, myth, and the need for warriors, caregivers, and so on.

I firmly believe modern man has advanced to the point where superstition and myth are needed less, and good science more. Science has undergone too many horrible experiments in the 20th century. The scientific method was in many cases utterly ignored, and in some cases exploited for inhumane ends, no doubt inspired by superstitious and mythical subversion to the most sacred, ancient of laws, namely natural science.

The government system has failed largely due to economical abuse and the scientific misuse of resources. Letting go of the outdated systems of power is the challenge we're constantly faced with, it seems. In the past, a society could be invaded and enslaved, and thus forced to conform to the new power. Today, it would seem we have the dignity to acknowledge any society's right to rule itself with respect to its scientific advancement. We in so-called first-world countries are just as limited in respect to our scientific responsibilities. To utilize science for the benefit of the global culture of mankind is our highest calling... that has spiritual profit. If man can be comfortable and healthy enough in his current condition, then he will naturally have the excesses of virtue to make things better for those around him.

Economic profit is just a fictional score for a real game. Sadly, it carries a lot of weight for the rest of mankind.

join