It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paparazzi 'to deploy unmanned drones'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for the info dude

reply to post by Onet Wosix

That was hilarious, thanks for making me laugh.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
my personal favorite.. ardrone.parrot.com...

for $300, I expect these will eventually become rather common to see buzzing around the neighborhood... maybe code enforcement will start using them to patrol?

Wow, I want one.

You can have dogfights

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies

Originally posted by CX
Now they are just asking to be shot down.

I don't think you'd get many complaints either.

CX.

You have a good point here. If there were just police drones it would be difficult and not advisable to shoot one. However if everyone start flying drones around I am sure there will be an increase in the purchase of slingshots. In fact the local airspace could become a hunting ground as youngsters test their shooting skills with air rifles.

Definately.

Saying that though, i'd hate for our beloved gubermint to have an excuse to ban sling shots and air rifles too, so maybe we just invest in some RC toys?

I mean who is going to ban a little remote controlled helicopter eh? I forsee miniature dogfights in the UK's skies, i have my money on this little beauty...

Edited to add: Reminder to self to read the post above before stting the same thing.

CX.
edit on 10/11/10 by CX because: Because i am numpty today.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Paparazzi are immoral, money-grubbing < insert pejorative word >,

I have no doubt that they would use these drones if they could, but I'm pretty sure this would violate anti-harassment laws.

I mean, how would something like this be any different to stalking ?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

How is what they do without the drones any different than stalking?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
How is what they do without the drones any different than stalking?

I agree that what they already do, constitutes stalking.

The difference with these drones, is that they could take photos in private or secluded areas that would not be accessible without permission, such as a back garden, or looking through a window that's not viewable from the street.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

That's a valid observation, the peeping Tom statutes might need to be updated to ensure they also include peeping drones!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You can't shoot paparazzi, but you can shoot drones. Hell, if I was a celebrity, I know I'd get a CCW license and not leave the house without a 1911 on my hip.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
coming under christmas tree this year.
www.spindirect.com...
the air hogs hawkeye ultralight helicopter takes 5 minutes of video and hundreds of photos. fits in hand. i can imagine all the teen boys flying these up to height of girls locker room windows at high school if they can make a toy like this imagine what law enforcement could have.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I mean who is going to ban a little remote controlled helicopter eh? I forsee miniature dogfights in the UK's skies, i have my money on this little beauty...

That would be great. A bit like the Robot Wars TV series.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I bought my nephew one of those a few Christmases ago!

Anyone starting to think that maybe these drones aren't so bad after all. In terms of providing a new an interesting urban sport!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Mount a camera on this one and they will never catch you.....I think they can achieve amazing speeds..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

So basically its just a mini helicopter???? We've had this for years already!!

As for the paps... well, they really are too nosy and spoil the live's of people who are just trying to entertain others...

And if i was famous and saw one of these things hovering around my place, i'll just get my gun out and shoot it down.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

So basically its just a mini helicopter???? We've had this for years already!!

As for the paps... well, they really are too nosy and spoil the live's of people who are just trying to entertain others...

And if i was famous and saw one of these things hovering around my place, i'll just get my gun out and shoot it down.

it could work in our favor, i mean how long will it take the rich n famous along with legislators to get fed up with drones spying on them.... seems it would put a chink in the unmanned drones legality if enough of the elite get tired of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You wouldn't want to cause damage to another person's property. I certainly couldn't condone such behaviour!

Although if you were famous you would most likely be rich, and could afford the ensuing legal headache.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join