It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thephilosophyof "liberty"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
you tube video: sums up the libetarian point of view.and I believe the conservative p.o.v. as I see it anyway..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: bad linky

edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: screwed up,.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

A fantastic video that highlights the use of aggressive force by government against the innocent.

embedded below:

A moral and just society that is predicated on the violent theft and enslavement of others can necessarily not exist.

The government is a criminal institution of thieves that has allocated shares in its thievery to the masses through welfare, warfare, and the electoral system.

People can easily see the theft of a dictator; however, they have a hard time comprehending that their votes are nothing more than them taking a piece of ownership in a mafia corporation.
edit on 8-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I guess discussing the philosophy of looting isn't a very popular topic these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
you tube video: sums up the libetarian point of view.and I believe the conservative p.o.v. as I see it anyway..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: bad linky

edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: screwed up,.

Apply the law to everyone equally and you are half way to liberty. Meaning its not okay for you or I to take other people's property without their permission (we can go to jail for theft when that happens) and it isn't okay for Uncle Sam to do it either! Uncle Sam shouldn't get off the hook just because he's that benevolent dictator on high.

The other half is allowing people all the freedom they want unless they are specifically harming another person against their will. Such a thing should be common sense but control freaks are so rampant that people cannot see the obvious. Live and let live.

People are always thinking that politicians are the "leaders". Well they are the leaders of today and that is exactly the problem. Politicians are supposed to be followers.... doing what they are told by the people. And of course "majority rule" is hardly a libertarian principle.... the majority forcing their will on the minority. In practicality its almost always one minority forcing their will on another. Obama for example obtained what? A vote from 25% of US adults? Its not even majority rule.

At the very least we can advance to direct democracy but even that is a small step up. A truly great idea is the voluntary society... government by consent where people are not subject to involuntary taxation. Whether it hold up to its promises will likely be proven or disproven in New Hampshire, with the Free State project having such big momentum.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

In America, some people are more equal than others.

And I'm not talking about CEOs.

top topics

join