It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else living their everyday life as a Plan B?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Totally agree man.. This is not how things are meant to be.. I pray everyday for a change and send my intentions out in the world in every way possible!! Its just STUPID to spend 8 hours in a company doing meaningless work, and then couple hours in traffic.. its like a freaking prison!! I want to get out of thiss, but at the same time I cant because I have got bills to pay!!

I just hang on to the hope that things are changing and times will be good.. actually I am quite positive that this system is not going to last for long.. This world can be muchhh better, and it will be very soon

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You might as well have put my name under that text OP! Your words correlate with my inner feelings so accurately, that this thread has actually brightened me up a bit knowing there are other people with the same repulsion to said matters.

Some of my friends think they understand me but anyone still committing to a 9 to 5 because 'thats the way it is' doesn't really understand the true horror of the system
edit on 10-11-2010 by HBWNL because: Typo

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I cant tell you how much I agree with you on this, and yes I have been told countless times, the old "get used to it, its life" line. To be entirely honest with you, I grew so increasingly unhappy with the way my life was being lived, that I spiraled into a deep depression that forced medication only made worse. It took MASSIVE lifestyle changes just to give the illusion that 'Yes, I am doing some good' 'Yes, I am living a purposeful life' but this, deep down I know is not real. I am living my life as you would put it "As plan B" I couldn't put it in better words if I tried. It is comforting to know im not alone.

WORK>SLEEP>EAT>MATE>REPEAT

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Personally, I don't live my life as a plan B. I don't hope for some huge change to occur and bring down the system, whether it's environmental catastrophy, economic collapse, the technological singularity, disclosure about ET's, a mass spiritual awakening, or something even more exotic. I'de welcome that change if it happened (if I survived it!) but I just don't think it's very likely. I'm not expecting some monumental event, I'm expecting a gradual change. I hope that I live to see a world which is significantly different from today's, but I have no idea what that world will be like really, and I don' expect my life to be vastly changed in 10 or 20 years time. Hopefully my life will be richer and I'll have more freedom, but I'm not expecting that will be due to some huge change in society, or rather, I'm not counting on that. I'm not counting on the world to do me any favours. I'm expecting to have to jump through countless nonsensical hoops to achieve whatever I aim to do. That's all this world is, jumping through hoops, being judged by complete idiots, again and again and again...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
YES!! I am also in total agreement with you. I am currently enrolling in another new university and yet another new major, and I still do not believe that I will find what I am looking for in the system that we are in. I feel as if I am not from this current time period. I want and feel that I should be able to be free and travel across the world to experience everything and everyone that is out there. I do not want to be stuck in a 9 to 5, working paycheck to paycheck, wasting my time away, when we should be out and about enjoying the world and being one with the planet and the people of our planet.

And forget those that tell you to accept this and move on with your boring and mundane life. You need to BELIEVE that things will change!!! The more of us that BELIEVE that things will change the more likely that this will happen. Those who say accept are only ruining the way we and them want to see life change moving forward. We need to BELIEVE and keep BELIEVING for things to change. Never give up hope, because the way life is now, is not the way that life should be!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

True, true. I really do think we are capable of living in a money-less society though. I think mankind has grown to a point where that would be a viable option.

reply to post by JoEStrDamUs

Actually, I'm probably the soberest person you'll ever meet. Never done any drugs, i was on prescription drugs for ADHD & OCD for a while, but not now. Had 2 sips of alcohol, at mine and my brother's bar mitzvah...

reply to post by chunkafungus

Yeah, i'm with you on feeling really tense this week, like you know something is about to happen. I actually posted a thread on it earlier, one of several ATS posters have made, and it's pretty common around here now. Who knows? Maybe we are getting some sort of genuine premonition.

reply to post by rabzdguy

It's sad isn't it? They think we're crazy for not conforming, yet we think they're crazy for conforming to a pointless society.

reply to post by chunkafungus

Actually, you're post made me think for a minute. If the dollar collapses, then much of the propaganda on TV/ads would be gone due to lack of funding. Couple that with people waking up even now, and we might have luck on our side

reply to post by yellow.sapphirine

I hope so, i really do.

reply to post by Griffo515

Glad to know i'm not either

reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

We do need to believe
There truly is no point continuing the way things are other than to help the elite stay in power. Actually, we can't continue in the direction we're headed in because it's unsustainable. And humans are a pretty resilient species. I really think we might change for the better...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

You criticized someone for not reading your post, however you responded to a post I sent to someone else about being lazy. You totally took it out of context as well.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

you mean the same way you deduced everything from the same one sentence you took from me... I get it... do as I say not as I do, right?

I read the rest of what you put as well... you're talking about being content, thats great!

but this thread isn't about being content from the meaning I get from the OP, its about him feeling like he's owed something without earning it or fighting for it.

You came up with an opinion about me when I was responding to the OP about his... you took one sentence from my reply and came to a conclusion... my opinion on this matter between me and you is that you haven't realized the difference yet...

Did our forfathers become content with what they had... HE'LL NO... they fought for everything they had, they wanted a better life... thats the problem with todays constantly degrading society... we've become a bunch of hand outs... and I say WE, not just YOU...

bottom line, When people become so easily able to accept plan B or Plan C you've lost sight of what your capable of and throw away all the privledges that our forfathers didn't have...

look... rather than make this a pissing contest... I rather just end it here, it's clear you happy where your at and I wish you the best, but that's not what this Thread is about... it's about people that haven't taken full advantage of the opportunity this life allows you... Plan A is but a couple of stepping stones away... you just have to want it bad enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A lot of great posts in this topic that have really penetrated the basic truth about the condition in which we find ourselves. I starred every one of them and will let them speak for themselves. In turn I will offer the best of what I came up with working within the system. I believe this course of action is most effective and offers the only real starting platform. It may not be attractive to the majority here even within this topic, but for those who resonate, I hope to show that you are not alone in your endeavour.

my own experimental plan B formula:

(spiritual discipline to increase life & creative force) - (work to survive) - (ageing & stress) + (valence of uncertainty variable) = (minor surplus of life & creative force)[assuming tolerable uncertainty variable]

(minor surplus of life & creative force) x (time & experience) = (accumulated surplus of life & creative force with experience)

how to create a discipline, its effectiveness, and to what end it is used are a matter of one's personal path. Both formulas require nothing short of asceticism within contemporary life, summarized best as putting a definitive end to the current lifestyle in favour of family, work, and the discipline, devoid as much as possible of everything else (addictions, distractions, superfluous emotions, social entanglements, persona (mask) indulgence, indolence, illusions of mind, to name the major ones). Those who understand the subtleties and underlying connections of this will already know that this is not equivalent and in fact the opposite to denying your Self.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

You criticized someone for not reading your post, however you responded to a post I sent to someone else about being lazy. You totally took it out of context as well.

Interesting.

I was well aware you were not calling me lazy. Sorry for butting in, I just have a curiosity about societies perception of laziness and how it is deemed such a negative trait.

reply to post by FoxStriker

I rather just end it here, it's clear you happy where your at and I wish you the best, but that's not what this Thread is about... it's about people that haven't taken full advantage of the opportunity this life allows you... Plan A is but a couple of stepping stones away... you just have to want it bad enough.

Good luck to you too in the game you have chosen. I think the OP is on the right track, most people never realise that the "normal" life isn't the best for them. The next step is realizing that the world won't change for you and you have to go out and take what you want (as you say).

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It is like this all the time. Things are always falling apart, it is known as entropy. However, how each particular person handles it determines how it seems to them. One of the greatest dangers we face though most people are not aware of. Humans, just like rats, go crazy when to many are crammed together for too long a time. Try sitting in the sun sometimes just doing nothing. It will clear your head and make you feel better to face the world. Watch out thought if you do it in a public park. Sometimes it has been known to upset LEO's. It is worth the risk though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join