It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else living their everyday life as a Plan B?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

yup, im in college and i get good grades but i really just want the system to end. The problem with the world now is that it gives us no purpose.

I actually am studying psychology so if the world ends i will be able to manipulate a group of people in to following me basically creating a society in my own light where love is looked as more beautiful than money and beauty is a standard of the mind and not physical appearance

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm so with you all on this. We can't accept things the way they are anymore.
Funny how, when asked a simple 'which do you prefer' question choosing between the world now and how it could be without the systems controlling us, everyone chooses freedom.
But if you try to break away, there are numerous authoritative figures- police, government, etc who will try to stop you.
But the people stopping you all want the same thing, too!

"This machine's days are numbered, its life is coming to an end. And the only way to end it is together."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with the system being BS.
and many other things like defending on oil, greedy people benefit the most and a cycle of ignorance bounds the rest.

would be nice if everyone can benefit living in this world, not just the special few.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Leave. Save up money for a plane ticket if you're off the continent, and just leave. Perhaps goto mongolia, and spend a year travelling on foot through the steppes, without anyone else. Just you, your pack and food. Heck, cross into siberia, just, just leave. I picture myself there, on a vast empty grass field, with grassy hills in the distance, and just vast plain after plain after hill after river. Alone. It doesn't even have to be sunny, or warm, there can be torrentious rain and wind, yet it is desirable. Heck, this crap even invades my actual dreams occasionally. Very lucid dreams. But yeah, I intend on doing this sometime, just leave and do the steppe's walk, in Australia the aborigines also practiced "walk-about" where they would live in the wilderness alone for a few months, as a rite of passage to manhood.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yup i'm with you for the most part on this subject. I too have thought of moving to the woods and leaving society behind. Living life from behind a desk or doing meaningless work as you said doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe someday I will move to a remote location in the mountains, but I still have things I would like to accomplish and being separate from society would not allow that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i think you can exist inside the system and yet not be a negative part of that system.i personally am a boilermaker/welder.its a hard and dirty job but every day i create something(i take a thought and realise it in the material world)maybe you should consider a trade where you can create something and make the world just a tiny little bit better.if everyone tries just alittle it will add up to alot .please dont underestimate the (tanasity?) of the human spirit and you ability to change this world

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How did you manage to steal my thoughts?

I will be divorcing the Commonwealth in April next year, which means I will not be entitled to money. I'm looking forward to experiencing this "freedom" that I have heard so much about all my life.

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
The greatest conspiracy ever created was the one that fooled a lot of good people into believing that nothing they could ever do, or say would ever change the system.

There's no conspiracy like that, is there?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83e5dbac0d7f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I really don't understand people nowadays...

we live in a society now that allows you to accomplish anything you could ever want or do, as long as you don't impress on other peoples personal growth and freedoms.

Your living Plan B because you took steps to be there... you settled... YOU

If you want to be back on Plan A, get your @ss into gear...

Fox

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jod73

I hope you get fifty stars. I am sorry I can only give you one - and, apparently, not even that.
(I don't know if it is a glitch or something, but there are no stars visible above your post. I'll try later.)

Indeed, idependence of thought - meaning, in this case, the refusal to submit to defeatist attitudes - coupled with a desire to make things better, not worse (if only by shrugging everything off or lamenting that one cannot do much), and, yes, tenacity is the way to go.

It has been my way.
And with all the abysses I've gazed into - and even fell into, and then had to get out of them, crawling or flying - I am possibly the happiest person I know.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
we live in a society now that allows you to accomplish anything you could ever want or do, as long as you don't impress on other peoples personal growth and freedoms.

HAH! I don't think so... ...not without permission from your government (yes I'm talking about things that don't impress on other peoples personal growth and freedoms).

Anyway guys the plan B life is great, just stop taking it seriously! It's only a game. It would be boring if everything was perfectly designed to how we want it. The fun is in the challenge and the surprises/unknown.

That said, I agree that the 9-5 rat race is a BS existence and can't understand why so many just unquestioningly accept it. I'm working on getting out of that game but still enjoying it in the mean time.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My father always told me that I should work, get money. I understood him, but later I realized that it ruined his life, he thought too much about the money.
He always said; if I won those million in lottery, I'll give you everything.
I asked; But what do I need dad? You have given me all I wanted.
After that he did'nt answer me, he just did'nt know what to say.

He have always thought that life was money, and I felt he was trapped in the working market, only to work and live. I felt that very upsetting.

Dont get me wrong, I know I need to work to live today, but if your mind only thinks you can survive with money, then your are wrong.

I wish for a village, who all worked together to survive, like some had marks, for our bread, some had sheeps, chickens, cows for our meat and some who grew our veggies to keep healthy and fresh.

But then we wouldent have TV to learn things, the internet, the educations. Ofcourse if we worked FREE, but no one really wants that.

The human brain is greedy so it can survive. Never forget that. Where it can have, it will take.
A world without money couldent exist, right now. Maybe sometime, but we dont have enough money for that yet

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I am waiting for the change to happen, I am waiting for 2012 or for tomorrow may be but this change cant happen until all of the people in the entire world stop going to work and send a few shivers in the spines of the ruling elite.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of this video - Alan Watts philosophy animated by the creators of South Park.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Upon reading the replies here, I can definitely say that the people of the world are indeed awakening. A lot of people now realize that they don't want the present system anymore and are longing for a change. If the mass consciousness demands change, then change will happen. That is what we call People Power. We have the power and it is only now that we are beginning to reclaim it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I could have written this thread myself word for word! I have felt this way for years. My very first job after college was for a very large corporation. After two years I was sick after learning what is really going on at those places. It was a kind of awakening and I realized I wanted NO part of it. I am now a stay at home mom and I can tell you that my feeling have not changed about the world. Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE staying home so I don't have to deal with most of the B.S. but it's still out there. Every time I interact with anyone. It feels like I'm the only one of my friends and family that just can't accept the way things are. I keep talking to them trying to get them to change but they just act like I'm the one that's crazy. I think they are because they continue to live this way without a fight.

I don't know what to do to change things. I've pretty much given up that anything ever will change. I'm sick to think that this life was so meaningless.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I feel EXACTLY as you do mossme! How can we rid ourselves of this evil matrix? I know what I want in a World, peace, love, light, wisdom and true equity for all. I am sick of the pyramidal power structure and it's "Peter Principle". I am sick of avarice drunk sociopaths rising to the pinnacle of that pyramid. I am sick of money, those paper chits awarded a fictional value that push us into careers for the sake of marketability and not work that is of our heart's desire.I desire the mystical. I desire the spiritual. I crave all that magic that is the stuff of all that is good and beautiful. I yearn for true harmony with the Cosmos.These things I wish to you my freind and all of you dear readers. We shall have this and more than we can ever imagine. By our sheer will of spirit, we shall make it so!reply to post by mossme89

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Im commenting before reading all the posts. but i wanted to say that I agree with the OP

I really hate it when people tell me:
"Just get used to it"
"Its just the way things are"
"get over it"

I argue with my father over these kinda of sayings. Although he is free thinker, he uses these terms fairly often. Alot of people do.

My promise to you all. I will never accept to "get used to it" or to "get over it"

I hate this evil infested world, and I will do everything that I can to change it, even if it slow. Time has no meaning.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
This thread really saddens me. Come on, people! Life is a gift. Even when it doesn't meet your expectations, it's still precious -- exactly as it is. Think of all the people who are out there right now, lying in hospital beds or confined in prisons, wishing they could do the simple daily things that many of us take for granted. By dwelling on the future or the past too much, you can miss the present moment, which is really all you have. Go watch a sunset. Play with a dog. Do something nice for an elderly person. Or just put the lime in the coconut.
But please don't take Life for granted.

Translation: Get over it, pay your taxes, no one cares about you.

Just because people are upset with the current world situation, does not mean they dont value life. Quite the opposite in fact.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The world is just the way I planned it. We are here, in a time that needs change for the people of the world to progress. When I say progress, I mean not just to learn new things, but to understand new things, and old things, and how to get along with ourselves. We are living in a place in time where we have the know-how technology to 'kick it up a notch' and spread our concience out among the the local planets, to use our intelect to study what is around us. This is a GREAT time to live in as WE are those who make this change happen. As the video a couple posts up (sorry, I'll name you in an edit[Azp420]), life is not a means to an end. We don't live to die. We shouldn't really live just to see a specific time or accomplishment. And no, we shouldn't live to get to heaven or nirvana, (religion is a way of life, not a means to a better afterlife, or should be).
At this point in time, the vast array and types of communication we have at our grasp to interact with each other is amazing. This is our very best and useful tool. Every time you communicate, albeit email, posts, text, facebook, voice, you give to the world a thought of your own. Don't hold back, and don't close your mind to other views, because this is OUR world, we share it and can not be much different from one another, and if we are, that is something we can learn from. A lot of us are hearing and reading about how more and more think the current 'system' is failing, and many speculate what will happen, but what we are really doing, is communicating our problems with the here and now, speculating on where the status quo is taking us, and voicing and sharing possibilities of change for our future. Some people say they wish to settle down to a simpler life, in the woods, in a small village. I think this is a great idea, to a degree. What it implies is LESS communication with the world, and less reliance on it. Thinking to get away is not progress, but to live a simpler life in a village culturing the land, communicating with the local culture your views on art, the world, and current thought, that would be serene. I, myself, venvision a near future where most people, even in large cities such as New York, have a little patch of earth where they grow food or herbs, each person owns one or two solar rechargers, and also a workout station that transfers your workout into stored energy, where the floors themselves create energy as people walk on them, where communication and thought is freely spread. A future where, yes a select few will be in power as it is today, but we the conscious majority will know who they are, know what they do, and pretty much they don't do anything we don't tell them to. We. Communication is the key to our whole existence.

And that's the temp's view

edit on 9-11-2010 by Tempest333 because: Giving credit where credit is due (Azp420's video)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't know if this is a Plan-B type of deal or a 'Last Resort" type of mechanism my mind is making up as the world revolves. I have a job that pays well [would be better if it wasn't bi-weekly]. My college is pretty much free so my money goes straight to me and not the university. I pretty much have all the games I want and some more, a car and an okay life. Yet I just don't have any desire for it. As I sit typing on a laptop I am still paying off I just see it as an object, nothing I cherish and hold dearly that I bought with my own money ( a feeling I used to feel as a teenager and somewhat into my early adulthood), but as an object for me to communicate, read, and interact with others.

As I look to the world with my uncaring eyes it's hard to tell if what is going on is a byproduct of my own will or that of the world bending it. As the original poster said I am merely waiting for an earth shattering change as well or rather just a change so as not to dramatize my post. Every way of living from one day to the next seems generally the same. One day is not really different from the next, but rather interwoven like a quilt. People do say add more spice to your life and add variety but quite frankly when it comes to getting a response to the question the answers are hardly worth while. Smoking and drinking are not a solution but an out cry - I've been there, and fooling around is not a solution as it is just a means for a quick moment that can lead to disaster.

So at the moment as I type this in an institute of learning a place I have grown quite fond of but slowly growing weary of at the same time. I do wonder if anything monumental will come about soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join