It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else living their everyday life as a Plan B?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live my life as a plan B. As a backup plan in case significant change does not come (like talked about here on ATS). so far, it hasn't. 

I don't want a 9-5 job even with good money. I don't want money. What I want is a world without bureaucracy, money, where resources are abundant and people can follow their heart's desires with little resistance. Quite simply, what I want is NOT this world. I absolutely despise the "system", bureaucracy, the status quo, and the monetary system. I want to learn, don't get me wrong, but the current bureaucratic, grade based, judgment based, education system just gets on my nerves and makes me want to give up.

I hope everyday that change might come, that this system might change or collapse. So far it hasn't. The thought of living in this system the rest of my life is incredibly repulsive to me. The thought of filing out meaningless reports for a meaningless company is just incredibly depressing to me. I'd almost rather live in the woods, in the wilderness. Atleast then what you do isn't totally meaningless, you have survival to worry about.

People say "get over it. Accept it. This is the way things are, get used to it." I just can't and don't want to. The current way of life is unfair, bias, not to mention meaningless. All this has just made me incredibly depressed. To quote X-Files but in a different context, "I want to believe" I want to believe things will change, but so far not much has changed and I'm not sure when it will. Am I alone on this, or do any of you feel the same way?
edit on 8-11-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I'm with you on this one, if things don't go down I'm planning on hiking cross country. Probably spend my life doing that. I don't like to stay in one place, there's too much to see and do, to many people to meet and to much space for me to stay anywhere for an long period of time.

No, I wont beg for money, I can obtain my own food and shelter anywhere there's a water sources and woods.

I don't like big cities and will stay away from them.

I may feel like going to a beach one day, then climbing mountains the next.

That will be my life. I will not be part of this system and it's not my only choice.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As an acclaimed filler outer of said meaningless reports for giant and unfeeling conglomerates I totally understand.

But as much as I agree I have a wife and a child to care for so I really have no better way to go about keeping my kid fed and clothed than participating in the system.

I will say this though: as much as I dislike the system for all of the reasons you mention I do not know for sure that the freedom of the woods and the day to day life of travel and survival would be enough to supplant the love I have for my wife and kid.

Sure, that is most certainly part of “their” trap no doubt but, despite that, there is something to be said for the love of family and the comforts of home even if they happen to lay in the long shadow that is cast by the corruption and mundane routine of participating in the meat grinder of hollow 9-5 work. I think so anyway.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Absolutely. Especially in college, I felt like all it would take was one bad day and I would be packing up and walking down the river. Going to class day in and day out preparing for what I was going to be doing for the next 40 years bummed me out immensely. I hate to say that I have gotten caught up in the "system" and am now living a comfortable albiet meaningless life. A third of it I spend wasting away in a cubicle, another third I am unconscious, and the last third I spend on site's like this hoping for some breaking news that might change the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
change is going to come itr starts with peoiple like us, who think that the system isn't fait for everyone.. so this seed will grow as our ethical undestanding grows. There is no way things are going to stay the same as they are. To deny change and ignore feelings while supporting a system that kills us all, is a way of thought designed to fail. Just wait, don't get depressend plant that seed in others, so it can grow...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was forced not to have a job, and the uk gov wanted me to end up homeless on the streets.

This life that i am living has nothing to do with what i wanted, i was not allowed to live any life period. I wanted to live my life in peace and quiet and i just got non stop stalking people, and haressment, organised by the uk gov and police.

By the way nothing will happen, just keep watching your tv.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I guess one thing we can do is hope and pray for change, and when an opportunity presents itself, capitalize on it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

YES YES YES!!

this is exactly how I feel. My current life is definitely a Plan B, right now, I am working to pay bills, and stock survival gear. There is no job anyone could give me that I would like, unless it involved me doing whatever I want, when I want, and in THIS WORLD that is NOT going to happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Me personally i am not waiting for any opportunity, for my life to change, as i know the vile scum will be in my life till i die.

edit on 11/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminotreal
As an acclaimed filler outer of said meaningless reports for giant and unfeeling conglomerates I totally understand.

But as much as I agree I have a wife and a child to care for so I really have no better way to go about keeping my kid fed and clothed than participating in the system.

I will say this though: as much as I dislike the system for all of the reasons you mention I do not know for sure that the freedom of the woods and the day to day life of travel and survival would be enough to supplant the love I have for my wife and kid.

Sure, that is most certainly part of “their” trap no doubt but, despite that, there is something to be said for the love of family and the comforts of home even if they happen to lay in the long shadow that is cast by the corruption and mundane routine of participating in the meat grinder of hollow 9-5 work. I think so anyway.

Well said. As a fellow white collar professional, I share your sentiments and I assume most people reading this thread would concur as well. While a fundamental change in the political, social, and economical structure of society would be welcome to most of us, it's highly unlikely to take place unless the world is forced to rebuild from scratch in the aftermath of a major cataclysmic event. Personally, I would rather accept the status quo and continue to seek spirtitual enlightenment...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This thread really saddens me. Come on, people! Life is a gift. Even when it doesn't meet your expectations, it's still precious -- exactly as it is. Think of all the people who are out there right now, lying in hospital beds or confined in prisons, wishing they could do the simple daily things that many of us take for granted. By dwelling on the future or the past too much, you can miss the present moment, which is really all you have. Go watch a sunset. Play with a dog. Do something nice for an elderly person. Or just put the lime in the coconut.
But please don't take Life for granted.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I feel the same way too don't get me wrong i like having money to buy things but even when i have money i don't know what to buy , don't really feel like it either . The only way out of the system is to be homeless right or suicide which i don't ever want to do mainly cause it gives satisfaction to people who hate me and i ain't doing that .

Somethings gotta give folks come on already !!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
Personally, I would rather accept the status quo and continue to seek spirtitual enlightenment...

Spiritual enlightenment is Plan A.
However it is just a Fantasy Plan.
Nobody is getting Enlightened.
There is no Path and No Method.
The few True Gurus (maybe a handful in the world) are difficult to even find and not here in the US and even if you find one they cant enlighten you either.
I tried Plan A Enlightenment and it didnt work, so now its Plan B
Dont Care About Anything.
I used to care,but things have changed.-Dylan

Best short cut to Enlightenment

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I have to say, you capture my sentiments completely. I used to see a bright future in "the system", and I had everything planned out. That was before it showed it's true colors.

A year of unemployment was the best thing that could have happened to me. The system spit on my and I made the best of it. For the first time in my life, living with a purpose, I was actually happy. I went on a road trip across the country, I learned more things than I had my entire life prior, and I got to experience the actual fruits that life had to offer.

Now, being back in the work force, I find myself depressed once again and yearning for something to happen to change it all. I can't say it is any different, because I have always yearned for something to happen; It just never does.

It will though, I have said and stand by my word: If by 2013 something doesn't start to change, I will start the change by myself.
edit on 8-11-2010 by gwydionblack because: Typos

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm not expecting any kind of disaster to come, but I live a bit like you anyway.
I work for myself when I can, I don't really give a damn about money as long as I can afford to eat and have a roof over my head. I hardly have any possessions, buying things just doesn't do anything for me.

I'm trying to learn Greek at the moment so I can go and live in a tiny village in Crete and live a simpler life

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm with you. I wouldn't say that I live my life as plan B, but I do feel as though I am reduced to a pawn in someone else's game. Nearly all my efforts are really forced upon me by what I owe to others. Whether it is a bank's lending policies or the government or my employer or just daily interactions in society, what i think simply doesn't matter. I am assigned a value and offered as few opportunities to increase it as possible, unless I can make someone else more wealthy or more powerful. Even then I am only offered a tiny slice of the pie for which I am wholly responsible for creating. Someone is always entitled, for no tangible reason, to a piece of my worth.

We are literally batteries being drained of our energy to feed a machine. The only way out is to enslave those around you and feed from them.

I have felt this since I was a boy of 8. I clearly remember having a moment of clarity in which I was risen above my everyday surroundings and an unpleasant reality was revealed to me.

I have thought many times that i just didn't understand enough, I could not make such a judgement, but now at 33 and with an intellect that clearly dwarfs most of those around me (sorry, but sometimes it's just to obvious for humility), I have utterly failed to change my perceptions of the world to which I was born.

Despite my experiences and my curiosity and despite my hope that things weren't what I thought them to be, I am more sure than ever that I do not want, in my heart and mind, to be part of this machine.

I just keep going through the motions day after day hoping that something will change.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I here you on this...but YOU MAKE YOUR WORLD!
That being said, go make it! Understand the power
that is you, of your words and your actions.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You cannot change the world, ... only your relation to it.

Don't allow it to define you,

If anything take solace, in that you may become a shining beacon, in such a dark, dreary place.

Become the things you seek, and your own personal world will be fulfilling beyond imagination.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracy ever created was the one that fooled a lot of good people into believing that nothing they could ever do, or say would ever change the system.

Oh, we will get you riled up about trivial differences between you and your neighbors. We will sell you guns, and ammo. We will create the "need" for supplies and tools and other products you will buy, store and never use. Meanwhile, the stress of your discontent will eat you alive and bury you young.

Plan B people are easy to account for, easy to predict, and easy to neutralize. Our aim: a human race that restricts its adventures and subterfuges to fantasy and role-playing. Areas that can be monitored, controlled, and marketed to by those in on the "plan."

The truth is out in the open. It always has been. This world might have been anything, but this is what we choose to create collectively, moment by moment.

"But what have we made?
A giant jail? A bunch of walls?
That's all that we've made?
Oh my."

-- Jimmy Osterburg

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I so hear all of you - I am an attorney - and i hate the system - I don't even want to go to court anymore and
I find myself thinking that all of this work I do is irrelevant - what do I really accomplish - I work in a system of punishment for stupid petty crap and I break up relationships between parents and their children. It just seems so silly compared to the raping we are receiving from the federal reserve and our government.... I just wish for change

- I want for the people to use their constitutional rights to fight for freedom (not necessarily literally) - to fight to keep our country from melding into the rest of the world- I see it everyday now on the news - we are so closed to the collapse -- even if you think I am a doomsdayer, you should see the levels of poverty I see - the people frustrated with the system and the businesses collapsing around me- no one has any money to keep them running - I was in a building with several other businesses that in the last four months have all closed except for my little office. I live in the trenches of our society and I see the hopelessness and it gets worse every month - people are opting for jail because they have no money to pay probation fees - and they are charged with stupid crap like driving while licensed suspended (multiple convictions) because they can not afford the surcharges to keep your license here in Texas. I just want a simpler society - I have lost all desire for any of the material possessions I used to long for - I worry about the future we are creating for our children -

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join