It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul May be set to over see Fed upon selective approvement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It could be put up or shut up time for Ron Paul.The ranking member of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology on the House Financial Services Committee, which has oversight for the Fed, the U.S. Mint and U.S. interaction with the World Bank could be placed into a position to force his hand.

www.thestreet.com...

I follow Paul just because he talks a lot of game. So could we be on the verge to see if Mr. Paul will put up or shut up. This is the guy who has bashed the Fed the most so this could very well be a way to get the screaming kid in the back of the room to shut up. If selected to this position will he be vigilant and go after wall street and the Fed? Or does he act like a good little Republican and shut up and fall in like all the others of congress who have been bought off by wall street? I for one think this would be a great call out to put the guy who has yelled the most in a position to A: Really shed light on things B: Force him to shut up for the good of the Republican party and others. This could be a brilliant way to put him in a position to get him out of office by the Republicans by using him to start ruffling the feathers or put a muzzle on him to take away his attack platform from the libitarian party angle against estabished government.....?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don`t think this would be good for his health.

Even if he gets some clearance to review the tip of the iceberg and tell it like is, he won`t live long im afraid.
The truth would be too damning to America to ever let is see the daylight, and by definition becomes a national security issue.

Probably they have a nice col du sac prepared for him and so they can say: ' See, we have nothing to hide, we even let Mr.Paul review us and ofcourse he found nothing
''
`
Can`t see this going anywhere but distort the truth,
edit on 8-11-2010 by Senser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Senser

I doubt they will even let him within a inch of that position to be honest. Unless they are setting him up to be forced to shut up or being set up to look like he was using the audit the fed as a political angle for re-election.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

It's just a committee.. he won't have a lot of power really.. he's just going to be the top guy grilling the Fed on where they used our money they stole from us..

Personally though, I doubt Republican leadership will allow the appointment of Paul.. I believe it would lead to .. er. .. awkward encounters...

There's a certain animosity between Paul and Bernake. I imagine Bernake is on the phone with Boner .. I mean .. Boehner .. threatening to withdraw financial support from Republicans if they dare let his personal nemesis become his own go to guy in Congress.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser
I don`t think this would be good for his health.

Even if he gets some clearance to review the tip of the iceberg and tell it like is, he won`t live long im afraid.
The truth would be too damning to America to ever let is see the daylight, and by definition becomes a national security issue.

Probably they have a nice col du sac prepared for him and so they can say: ' See, we have nothing to hide, we even let Mr.Paul review us and ofcourse he found nothing
''
`
Can`t see this going anywhere but distort the truth,

I don't see how the truth would be too damning for America, but I do see how it would be too damning for the mafia in charge of America.
edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The consquence will be that every single country in the world will turn away from the US, and then the economy will collapse and war would be the only option to avoid a french like revolution.

The FED is like a parasite and when you remove or kill it, the host dies too or atleast gets very sick until there is some new antidote found anyways, and that would probably take a long time.

Either way it will be a brand new day

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser
reply to post by wcitizen

The consquence will be that every single country in the world will turn away from the US, and then the economy will collapse and war would be the only option to avoid a french like revolution.

The FED is like a parasite and when you remove or kill it, the host dies too or atleast gets very sick until there is some new antidote found anyways, and that would probably take a long time.

Either way it will be a brand new day

You know, if the American people dealt with the criminals and got rid of them, the world would rejoice and wouldn't take it out on the people, IMO.

And my view - we are caught between a rock and a hard place, so I would go for letting the economy collapse, getting through it and creating something based on integrity which is for the people - of America and the world.
Lancing an abcess is painful, but the poison has to be got rid of before healing can take place. No other way.

edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Senser

The consequences being the rest of the world running away from the U.S. would be perfect.

Then maybe the U.S. will go back to it's original form,as it was founded to be.

Not involved with the rest of the world,taking care of her own.

We have everything we need here,and plenty to do the work.

Isolationist,separatist...sounds good to me.

This globalism is a bunch of BS anyway,and pretty much what the country was founded to get away from...

Just read some of the quotes by the founders,we were warned about getting entangled long ago.

edit on 10-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join