It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix style proposition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A man visits you while you sleep. In your dream he offers you two pills.

The blue pill.

This pills will allow you to escape physicality forever and you can never return. You'll never see your loved ones again. You'll never experience any sensations asociated with the senses again. You will become your conciousness. Only that you will have the answers to anything you can imagine. The only people who you'll share this realm with are those who also know all the answers. You will experience complete peace and serenity forever.

The red pill.

This pill will make you imortal. You'll never die and you'll never experience pure conciousness. You'll still have all the senses that physicality brings but they will heightened. You'll also be gifted with extra sensory capabilitys like telekenesis, psychic ability, and remote viewing etc. You'll be given complete knowlege of the universe that you exist in, and all the science and mathmatical laws that its based on. You can also choose one other person to have all the same capabilitys, as long as you persuade them and dont force them or trick them in to it.

Or you can choose neither, you'll wake up from your sleep with no memory of the dream. The man will never return and you'll never get this oportunity again.

What would you do?

edit on 8/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would want to wake up.

The whole point of living is to figure this life out as you go.
If I knew everything than there would be no point in living.

It appears to me that our entire lives are preparing us for death. Otherwise why would we die? Metamorphosis.
So I would not want to be immortal.

I'll just be this insignificant human drone for many years until maybe I evolve into something different.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the blue pill.

as fear and perceived unknowns are only present when considering the state of the red pill. from the position of the blue pill, it would be mission complete.

we strive for the blue pill, even when we see it as the red pill.

edit on 8-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: w00t

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
oh man red pill for sure. complete with super human senses (including the godlike esp) and information on everything (literally) AND i get to take my best friend along with me (who wouldnt say no) we could lead the world into a new age of science and exploration. seeing that i know ALL science and ALL math i would teach the humans of earth how to, you know... make space ships and ZPM's and all that good stuff. instantly propell the human race into something not unlike the empire from star wars (except not evil) with me and my best friend ruling the operation... (who is going to not follow a pair of immortal psychic geniuses?) oh hell yeah. you can forget conciesness when you could one day rule the universe.
hell i already have esp and would take any chance to boost it to such proportions anyday.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaelot

Did you see what we did when we were given the power to harness the atom? I would be terrified if we had anything you're suggesting

EDIT: Red pill probably. What's the point in playing the game if you just walk away?
edit on 8-11-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Yeah, put me down in the "wake up with no memory" camp.

Life is about love. Love of learning, love of others, love of life. Neither option provides those. In the first, you will know all, but the hardest thing you'd learn is how unimportant knowledge is, and how important the act of experience is. In the second, you will live forever, seeing the people and things that you love suffering, dying and leaving you, with no power to prevent it. You can save one person? How are you going to determine, today, the one person? Maybe in 200 or 2,000,000 years they become a total jerk, and you're stuck with them.

No thanks. Give me my four score of years, the knowledge that I acquire by my own seeking, and then let me move on to whatever awaits in the hereafter.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd want to wake up. The blue pill would take me to where we'll probably end up anyway, and with the red pill some issues would come along, like the possibility of being trapped forever, and for sure I would regret taking the pill sometime...it could be 67,347,269,824 years in the future, but it would happen. Besides that, what would I do when our sun goes supernova? Sure, with all knowledge about the universe and science, I could manage to escape this solar system and find another nice planet to live, but what if there's no humans in this universe but here in this planet? For sure I wouldn't like to be the only one of my species living among others. I'm not counting the other person I could take with me because certainly after a couple million years (or less) we would go separate ways. No, thanks. I'd rather just live my life, die and go wherever we all go after that.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am leaning towards red pill. Either that or wake up.

Hard choice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'd choose to wake up. The red pill would be quite boring after a while and the blue pill cuts the journey short.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't think the hit from the blue pill would last as long as we think. Consciousness tends to get fed up with things after a bit. It's a yes/no, like/hate universe. That's what keeps it moving IMO. We'd probably sleep in heavenly peace for a few billion years then get a bit fed up with it.

So, if your pills do work I think I'd take the red anyway. More exciting.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Some interesting answers and perspectives. I suppose if you just choose to wake up then theres a chance that you may achieve the effects of the blue pill anyway, but theres no guarentee.

If you choose the Red one you could really change the world and become like a Jesus type character. You could also abuse your powers and bring about the destruction of mankind in the process. Although you'd definatley be able to come up with a way to travell the universe so maybe it would'nt get so boring. All the different kinds of life you could encounter etc. However if you do ever wish for piece and tranquility. The fact that you'll never know it may drive you eternaly crazy.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Interesting options and they have made me sit here for awhile now and contemplate on which route I would take.

At first I was going to go with the blue pill, to be able to know all, and be able to be away from pain and suffering. The big negative for me though would be that I would never be able to love or be loved, which I believe is one of the greatest and most important things in life. Also, one would not be able to experience any of the other senses, which make life's experiences great, and does one truly want to know everything?

Then the red pill, however would give one the ability to learn everything over the time that one lives forever so they would be able to reach the ability of the blue pill. They then would still be able to love, be loved, and experience everything else in the world that they would not be able to if they were to take the red pill. Originally my biggest negative was seeing your loved ones die and be in pain, although you could keep one with you forever, so that lessens the negative a little bit. Also, though like the blue pill does one truly want to know everything and with the red pill case see everything?

Then for the case of waking up, life would continue as it is. Exciting at times, boring at other, not knowing all, etc. etc. We all know the positives and negatives of this one.

In the end I feel that I would have to choose either the blue or red pill, because the life that we are in now is not how I envision life should be. So in the end I would go with the red pill to still be able to experience things and be able to change things as well.

In the end though a very difficult decision if it was given to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I would take both but not use them, instead I would dissect them for information. The blue pill is likely to reinforce the common conditioning of the western mind, the red pill is likely a hostile takeover where some bodyless old spirit takes over your astral representation and eventually your life on earth while you believe all the time it's all you experiencing yourself. Then at physical death you meet the entity which has played you all your life and realize you're weak without him because you haven't learned that much while visiting this planet.
edit on 10/11/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
After a while the blue pill would be pretty boring and I'd put restrictions on the ability to know all things to challenge myself. Red pill would be boring too because there would be nothing interesting to figure out if you had all the scientific and mathematical knowledge too.

top topics

join