It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist video on youtube honestly has me stumped.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Firstly, thanks for sharing this video, not seen it before.

My first reaction would be that it is a very good fake, but as i have absoloutely no clue about CGI or that kind of thing, i would basing my asumption purely on the high quality of fakes in the past.

Other than that, we are left with it being genuine.

What i would like to see is an independant investigator and camera crew check it out for themselves, if the activity is as strong as it appears to be, surely there would be no problems with this.

You see this is where i have my doubts about it being genuine. In days gone by, a case like the one presented here would have attracted the more respected paranormal investigators out there. I'm not talking about the likes of Ghost Hunters and Most Haunted, i mean the respected ones.

I just don't think a case like this would just be on Youtube.

Interesting vid though, thanks again.

CX.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would have ventured to say a man in a greenscreen outfit is having a bit of fun frankly.

I seen a video of someone with their image masked via green suit and ya, it looked like total magic going on if you didn't know it was a trick...he could make things fly around and all sorts.

greenscreening is a gamechanger...ultimately, unless the source is known..then the video is just a video..seeing is no longer believing unless there is a credibility check.

Here we go

edit on 8-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: added the tube

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

See now I completely disa......@_@

Hypnotoad is right, Certainly greenscreen. All hail Hyn....

Ahem

The only problem with the greenscreen is how does he squish in everything to an impossibly small area and run around like a food poisoned teletubby?

I think I'll conclude that it is a very well made fake (Unless he will take up the offer of an independent research team)

And no I wouldn't like to see most haunted do it
they did a special at a place I volunteered at and I can tell you half the stuff they found I've never experienced in my life....but getting back on topic. Cheers Guy's (maybe gals too)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Okay, don't know about any of you but if I lived in a house where I could just set up video cameras and catch all the paranormal activity, I'm pretty sure I'd get the message and to me, it would be saying GET OUT!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Looks like a nice stereo there. I wonder why the ghost only throws things of little value? Hmmm. He'll make a mess for you but won't really damage anything worth big $$$.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CtankepI think I'll conclude that it is a very well made fake (Unless he will take up the offer of an independent research team)

Already was. As has been mentioned they completely debunked this without even investigating it, on Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.

I'll try and find the episode where they completely dismiss the video (1st one) and also point out why and how it's fake.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's a fake and the creator has refused to allow any competent investigator to come in for a look.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Interesting

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
PS Sorry to spoil the fun. I want to believe as much as any of you but a fake is always a fake.

I Recommend A Sentencing Of C@RN-H@LING For Frauds Like This.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
It's just impossible to tell (well to me anyway) unless someone makes a really obvious mistake.

yeah, like in another video he had a good while back. It is the same kitchen but in that video, cereal boxes came out of the pantry to the right and on the left counter with the curtain, there was flour or sugar being thrown. In that video (same exact camera angle and shenanigans going on) you could see the white gloves throwing the sugar and the tell-tale sign of the fake was the fact that a chair at the table disappeared just blinked out of existence, showing the tape had been spliced at he didn't catch that he had moved the chair somewhere else. I guess that video has been replaced with this one since the camera gets tilted over in this one.

He has a very good method of doing this so I'll give him credit for that as it looks real but if he really wanted it to be believable, he should limit the "activity" to just a drawer opening and spoons flying and maybe a couple of oven door slams. He just goes overboard.

edit on 11-11-2010 by dreampsi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

If Paranormal Activity can make it look real...so can amateurs who know how to set up contraptions that are not visible.

The second one seems even more fake since the camera "allegedly" goes funky and shows an image of what looks like some stone corridor like in Egypt....but its conveniently diced up so perfectly? Are we suppose to think a spirit is putting pictures on a camera?

Not to say the first one is a fake but its simply hard to tell.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just find it odd that nothing expensive ever gets tossed around... like the TV's or radios. Always forks and cups. And the cameras, if knocked, arr done so in a way where they are not damaged.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The guy who makes those videos works with green screens. He has other videos of him messing around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join