It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality - what if they knew the secret?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Imagine for one second that some scientist working in one of those remote jungle labs that we are constantly told don't exist suddenly discovered the secret to stop, or even reverse the aging process.

Furthermore, imagine if that process was as simple as changing a genetic indicator, and could be done simply and cheaply for any number of people.

What would you imagine TPTB would do with such a revelation, and do you believe that such advances have already been made, perhaps many years ago?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The first thing they would do is kill all those that knew about it!!

However if something so epic a discovery was made the people that discovered it should immediately upload it to twitter / facebook / youtube and upload all source data to wikileaks / torrents / megaupload / rapidshare etc and post links to it.

Contact all major news networks and forward info....

TPTB couldn't stop the information from being disseminated.

Unfortunately the discoverer will have a rather short life span himself, as the people he works for and TPTB would both want them dead.

TPTB may try and bring the net down but it would have been too late as the info would have got to some people and they could re seed the info. Nothing and I mean nothing can escape the notice of the globe if uploaded onto the web.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If they knew "the secret" im glad they dont give it to the public.. the world would be over populated fast, and there would be more wars for food and a space to live.. And people would never come outside their house, the risk of being hit by a car, killed or any other acident would mean so much more.. if that would be the only thing that could finish you off.

I want to grow old and die, my last adventure

edit on 8-11-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
If they knew "the secret" im glad they dont give it to the public.. the world would be over populated fast, and there would be more wars for food and a space to live.. And people would never come outside their house, the risk of being hit by a car, killed or any other acident would mean so much more.. if that would be the only thing that could finish you off.

I find that short-sighted and frankly offensive. We should all be allowed the choice but why should I be forced to suffer decrepitude and death just because you have a death wish??

If we had people like Einstein, Socrates and however many more world changing thinkers still living, don't you think the world would develop faster than it currently is??

What’s more is we are all rushed to have children before we reach 40 because of the clock.... This is unlikely to happen of we had immortality; I certainly wouldn't want to have children within the first 100 years if I was immortal.

Yes there is 100% chance that if I did die and I was impervious to death by old age or disease it would be either suicide or violent death. But you know what, I would gladly put up with that for a few hundred years of life.

Korg.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, it have been claimed that the long row of murders on Scientists, was about just that; The discovery of Immortality.

I don't know, though.. I DO believe that the key to Immortality is already known and have been known for quite some time, in the modern Era, but somehow I doubt that the killing offs of Scientists was about that.

But, who knows.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't think there is a genetic switch or indicator for immortality. There may be a way a genetic way to prolong the cell aging process by prolonging cell regeneration and division, but not complete and infinite immortality. If there was such an immortality gene wouldn't life have already evolved to turn it on? Why would it have even been turned off in the first place? Isn't that the point of life to adapt and evolve to your environment in order to live as long as you can?

I think if we could invent something like a hyperbaric chamber, which you would sleep in and not age during your time inside. If we spend close to half of our lives asleep it could double our life spans.

I think our best bet to immortality is cloning, which I am positive we can already do. Just think if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs cloned themselves before they died. They could leave all their money to themselves, and record thousands of videos as instructions to themselves to educate the kid version of them as they grow up again. They would still be the same person and live on forever. They could even do this when they were alive and raise themselves as a child in order to ensure they themselves carry on their legacy. Very confusing, but I would definitely do it if I had the money.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

It wouldn't concern me in the least... here is why!...

My Dad worked for the Australian Bureau of Statistics in an IT capacity [he can remember being told they'd never fill the 40MB hard drives
]

He and his work mates did a statistical analysis on the projected lifetimes if everyone on the planet was suddenly immortal....... Answer average is 400ys!

Hmmm Now why the hell is that???

It is this simple... people fall down and don't get back up... lethal accidents accounted for over 99% of the population within a 400year period according to simulations etc.

Sure 1 in a billion may live way out to millions of years old... but that would be a ststistical rarity and anomaly.

Personal Disclosure: I'd prefer to know exactly how long I have and be completely invulnerable for that entire duration than be immortal and live with uncertainty!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
[snip]
If there was such an immortality gene wouldn't life have already evolved to turn it on? Why would it have even been turned off in the first place? [snip]

It has...

Turritopsis Nutricula

Turritopsis nutricula is a hydrozoan that can revert to the sexually immature (polyp stage) after becoming sexually mature. It is the only known metazoan capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary stage. It does this through the cell development process of transdifferentiation. This cycle can repeat indefinitely tha offers it biologically immortal.

Korg.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Ho Hum

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Wow amazing, I guess I stand corrected!!!

Stem cell is the original
of life and all cells come from stem cells (Hongbao Ma
2005a). Germline stem cell is the cell in the earliest of
the cell stage. It is possible to inject the germline stem
cell into adult human body to get the eternal life.[/qupte]

I guess they have already done it.

I'd think you'd have to be born with this in your DNA to reverse the aging process, but I guess I don't really know anything now.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join