It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/World propaganda machine getting us ready for Yemen war??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So, underwear bomber originated from Yemen right?

Then all these packages last week, now this?

Yemen Muslim cleric al-Awlaki in US death threat video

www.bbc.co.uk...

"A radical US-born Yemeni Islamist cleric has called for the killing of Americans in a new video message posted on radical web sites.

Anwar al-Awlaki said no permission was needed to kill Americans as they are from the "party of devils".

It comes shortly after authorities intercepted air cargo bombs sent from Yemen to the US in a plot linked to Mr Awlaki.

The US has named Mr Awlaki a "specially designated global terrorist".

Investigators have linked Mr Awlaki to the US army base killings in Fort Hood, Texas, last year's Christmas airline bomb attempt, and the failed Times Square bombing in New York.

US officials say he is a leader of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, an offshoot of the militant network based in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
'Leaders are corrupt'

In the 23-minute message posted on Monday, Mr Awlaki called all Arab and Yemeni leaders "corrupt".

"Kings, emirs, and presidents are not now qualified to lead the nation, or even a flock of sheep," he said.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

If the leaders are corrupt, the scholars have the responsibility to lead the nation”

End Quote Anwar al-Awlaki Islamist cleric

* Yemen's juggling act on security
* Profile: Anwar al-Awlaki

"If the leaders are corrupt, the scholars have the responsibility to lead the nation."

He was shown seated at a desk, wearing traditional Yemeni clothes with a dagger in his belt.

Last week, YouTube removed hundreds of clips of Anwar al-Awlaki's calls to jihad saying they violated a ban on hate speech and incitement to violence.

Last month, investigators working for New York Congressman Anthony Weiner, a Democrat, reported finding more than 700 videos in which Mr Awlaki appeared. The clips had garnered more than 3.5m hits.

Mr Awlaki, an American-born cleric of Yemeni descent, is said to be a on CIA hit list authorised by President Barack Obama.

In July, the US treasury department put Mr Awlaki on its terrorism blacklist and imposed financial sanctions on him.

US officials say Mr Awlaki helped recruit Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian accused of attempting to blow up an airliner as it flew into Detroit on 25 December 2009.

Maj Nidal Hasan, the US Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 comrades in the Fort Hood shooting last year, sought religious advice from Mr Awlaki and saw him preach in the US state of Virginia in 2001, US officials say.

A student found guilty of attempting to murder MP Stephen Timms in east London was said to have been inspired by Mr Awlaki's online sermons."

Watch for war with yemen, very soon, but is false flag to follow? I guess they'll use this death threat and the packages for the reason to go to war? will that be reason enough?

Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

here's a good video i found on al awlaki
here's a better one by rachael maddow

the guy in the video sais that yemen is important to control strategically because it is right at the entrance to the red sea.

im going to edit the op and insert this video in

edit on 8-11-2010 by catchmeifyoucan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
S&F to bring this up friend

I noticed a load of reports coming to light on the news about Yemen this and Yemen that. Am I witnessing for the first time (To me) the propaganda machine starting to turn its gears?

I did recall another member highlighting where Yemen is strategically to other countries in the middle east.

All I can do is carry on watching the Lame Stream Media

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
well yemen is right below saudi arabia.. how is that important strategically? anyone know? Im not too good on ME politics...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Based on my former military exp., maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see the strategic " stronghold " of Yemen? I'm beginning to think that this alleged terrorist, and the alleged acts of violence is a yet another cover story issued by the media, to get the peoples " backing " for action.
I personally haven't seen any data, or FACTS that this person is in fact a terrorist. Just because the government says he is doesn't make it so?
As I have gotten older, I have come to the conclusion that if we the people cannot see for ourselves FACTS to prove any allegations, then it just becomes heresay. And heresay my friends doesn't even stand in a court of law!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

here's a good video i found on al awlaki

the guy in the video sais that yemen is important to control strategically because it is right at the entrance to the red sea.

im going to edit the op and insert this video in

i hate alex jones though... sorry bout that

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

i think the video i just posted it sums it up pretty good.

he seems to be like bin laden, a CIA pawn... i mean cmon... he's in al-CIAda?

al queda is rumored to have been created by cia...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Kll Americans !!! Do we need to remind him of where he was born and how ironic it's going to be when he's blown to bits. Now thats going to be funny!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
my fears have been confirmed... duh

U.S. Deploys Armed Drones to Yemen
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Based on my former military exp., maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see the strategic " stronghold " of Yemen?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

yes we know where it is... and your point?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

well yemen is right below saudi arabia.. how is that important strategically? anyone know? Im not too good on ME politics...

I think it was to do with the surrounding or pressuring of Iran by having another U.S theatre of operations pop up. I must state that it was not my view, that was someone elses. I only brought that up as I thought it was relevant to the country being included in recent events.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

now that you said that, another explanation has popped into my mind, also not mine, but someone else's.

someone on ats said it might be like a globalization of the world, country by country. send al-CIA-da to the countries that dont conform(in the ME) then use that as an excuse to take over said country

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

yes we know where it is... and your point?

Apparently you are incapable of reading quoted remarks and then connecting that response to the remark in which it is a reply to. And for that, I'm sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

oh, i get it, he sais he cannot see it, and you 'show' it to him?

how funny.

would you elaborate your picture with a response? or is picture worth a 1000 words?

you think you are witty smart and quick eh?

thanks for a map we can all google though.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

oh ok theres an article you're pointing to? because all i saw the first time was the map, i didnt realize there was an article if you close the map. you could have elaborated with your own response/thoughts. you know its in the t&c you have to put a coupla lines of text, thats why mods frown upon one liners.

top topics

join