It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Thank you for those against masonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
As a mason on these boards, I spend some time dispelling rumors of masonic evil and the like. But in doing so, from time to time, there are people who will bring new rumors into the mix. In doing so, I have to study something I had not yet looked at. And in most cases, I find a whole pile of knowledge I would not have normally sought out. I personally feel that I have learned as much on this site about masonry as I have in the lodge. I even bring some of that to my lodge and try to discuss these things with my Brethren.
So I would like to thank the people who question things they don't understand.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Here, here. In fact, by research after I have read negative posts, I have often found little hidden gems that
re-enforce my Masonic ties.

A Star and Flag to you Brother.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It is true that on ATS, a teacher becomes a student.

A star and flag from me too!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
musts be great up on that pedastal

looking down at al of the

great unwashed

it does not change the fact that every word out of a

masons mouth can not be trusted unless its to a brother of coarse

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

my friend, I am a bit lost at how you see me thanking people like you for making me use my brain as being on a pedestal. These discussions are why I continue to be here. It was from the heart. Not that you could ever believe me. after all, I am a mason. One day, when you find out the truth, remember this thread.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You know and the sad thing is the website motto and mission is to "Defy Ignorance"...
Your post was straight to the point and served a purpose. I enjoy the people who have opposing viewpoints being that it keeps a person on their toes.. Nothing wrong with research and learning more*cough,message digby888,cough*

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed the Masonic threads on ATS, though I found my own path I still enjoy interacting with some of the Masons I know.

Great part is that due to the efforts here, occasionally I know a bit more than they do.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And I thank you for answering my previous posts in a patient and civilised manner.

While I would probably have serious reservations about the intentions and attitudes of some Masons, I also have similar reservations about the intentions of many people who are NOT Masons.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
it does not change the fact that every word out of a masons mouth can not be trusted unless its to a brother of coarse
Why not? The easiest way to keep a secret is to keep your mouth shut. Telling lies would be dishonorable, and nowhere in Masonry would that be tolerated. The basic lessons of Masonry include treating everybody equally, regardless of their station in life.

You sling around a lot of speculation and accusation, but can you actually point to any evidence of any wrongdoing done by a Mason and covered up by another Mason? Or is it all baseless slander?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Okay, secrets and symbols = evil society.
Christians used many secret symbols, the fish being one. They met in secret and had passwords and signals to recognised each other. You know why, I know you do. Masons use the same parallel, to recognise those of their own group. Even the Boy Scouts have their own symbology. Are they evil? Do they worship the devil?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It is a good thing to find people who do not understand things.
It brings light to topics that are usually hidden from the not so plain view of people.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
“It’s not the things we don’t know that get us into trouble. It’s the things we know that just ain’t so.”

~ Mark Twain

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

I know this is entirely unrelated to the op but in the spirit of learning new things and open minds and all that, why is there a serpent on your tree of life in your avatar? What is the significance of the serpent to you masons? See i'm obsessed with the stories of serpents in the bible at the mo and your avatar just reminded me,

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by digby888 it does not change the fact that every word out of a masons mouth can not be trusted unless its to a brother of coarse
Why not? The easiest way to keep a secret is to keep your mouth shut. Telling lies would be dishonorable, and nowhere in Masonry would that be tolerated. The basic lessons of Masonry include treating everybody equally, regardless of their station in life. You sling around a lot of speculation and accusation, but can you actually point to any evidence of any wrongdoing done by a Mason and covered up by another Mason? Or is it all baseless slander?
oh my gosh did you seriously mean that?! I dont know what level you are but it is a well known FACT that some of the most evil people in the elite are masons! And they get away with some pretty disgusting #! Just have a dig around do the research and you'll find that your "brotherhood" is not all about handshakes and charity!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

now your starting to sound like me. Id be a Mason if they allowed atheists.

telling people that some knowledge is inevitibly aquired, unless they die, will only piss them off though. Es[ecially if it threatens the pillars of delusion that allow them to keep on living.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I entirely CONCUR!

I have learned a lot of things, especially about history and religion, and I have been able to share a lot of it with my Lodge. I have also learned a lot about those that would criticize Masons, and it has helped me disregard the criticism much easier.

reply to post by Rhebefree

Case in point!

Please do elaborate. Names, places, deeds, etc. As Masons we will investigate and respond. Acting in an un-Masonic way could get someone removed from the fraternity.

Just this past year when I was Master, I had to remove a young man for hiding a felony assault arrest. He hid it from us, it wasn't on the record yet, he was a great young man, but when he got in a second fight with a second charge that revoked his bail for the first fight, he was quickly removed from the Brotherhood.

Now some people have a pretty loose definition of "evil," so we need to stick to facts, laws, charges, etc. Don't tell me that some world leader was "evil" when they were lawfully elected, served, and left without any charges, but if you know of some specific evil act by a confirmed Mason, I will be more than happy to check into it with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

What kind of Atheist?

Because, as Network Dude mentioned, I have learned a lot about Atheists in my time on ATS, and many of them believe in "one ever-living God." They just don't believe in a Christian God or a Muslim God etc.

So, do you believe there is absolutely no God, and that everything we experience is random organization of elements, chemistry, and evolution? OR, do you believe there was some design, and that there is something left of your soul after you die?

We can work with the second type of "Atheist," but we can't do anything with the first.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

God is causality. Im sure the humanoids of some planet in a galazy far far away are talking about how "god" gave them webbed feet so they could swim better. We are biological machines desgined by causality... , formed inevitibly as a biproduct of realitys fractal structure.

such is carl sagans definition of type 1, 2, and 3 civilizations.

Like when a single match survives a wood chipper and says "god must have loved me." Although to some that might seem like a rediculous statment for a talking matchstick to make, but it would still be true in the causal structure where love is expressed as existance and non-existance.

There is no freewill, No afterlife. Of course in an infinite reality the circumstances that created your personality and reality tunnel will inevitibly manifest infinitly So in a way we all exist always. The cells in your body make a specific structure capable of mantaining conciousness... and if i cut the proper chunk out of your brain it will make you retarded.

edit on 12-11-2010 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I cant list all information I have been reading up on because my only access to the internet is my phone which will automatically log me out if I take too long on a post, which is why I stated in my other post that he should do some research do some digging, bohemian grove is a good place to start also the bildaberg stuff, look its all out there if you wanna see it even from members own mouths and books.... You just have to be unbiased about it, and yes I am unbiased, I am not religious and I dont hate all masons

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Bohemian Grove and Bilderbergs have nothing to do with Masonry. There maybe some Masons that are a member of 1, 2, or 3 of the things you listed, but the organizations share nothing in common.

There might even be some evil Masons. We have a lot of members. There are surely some that have slipped through the cracks, or have turned bad at some point. There are bad Priests, bad Rabbis, bad Teachers, bad Parents, etc.

In general, you can count on a Mason to be a higher quality individual than most. We attract higher quality individuals, we background check and investigate them, and then we try to teach and support them in a way that fosters more growth and morality. We also expel them if they commit crimes or severely upset the brotherhood to a point that it becomes a distraction or hinderance.

If you run across a more specific case that you would like an honest answer on, please feel free to share it with any Mason on ATS. There are a lot of us, and we will be more than happy to respond.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join