It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Spy Drones Coming to a City Near You! <3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Last month arms manufacturer BAE Systems said it was adapting military-style UAVs for a consortium of government agencies led by Kent police. Documents showed the force hoped to begin using the drones in time for the 2012 Olympics. But they also indicated that the drones could eventually be used to spy on the civilian population, by rooting out motorists suspected of antisocial driving, for covert urban surveillance and to monitor 'waste management' for local councils. Similar concepts are already being developed in the U.S. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Source Here

I'd like to be the first to say, WOOHOO. I can't wait to be watched walking down the street, followed by some dragon fly looking thing, as I pick my nose and listen to my iPod.

Remember when law enforcement was to protect and SERVE. First almost every other police car is unmarked and now police will be able to sit in an AC'd room while they scope you out from afar all day. I believe the day of having any interaction with a police officer that isn't either him saving your life or arresting you are coming to a close.

This thread is not to bash on law enforcement. This is just a thread to alert you that you will soon have a new class of UFOs to look out for.

and just wait till they're this size

Its coming. We should have ALL seen this as inevitable when we first started using them in war. Just think about this, police could get a warrant with probable cause because of something they saw you maybe, kinda, possibly did in the streets and fly one of these babies in your window. Game over.
edit on 8-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think of anything relating to 2012, I find the Olympics a little bit fascinating. I will be interested in how thats all gonna play out if anything at all.
edit on 11/8/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
these types of things were designed for the populace the whole time.

not terrorism.

ive already seen plenty of drones in my area

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
these types of things were designed for the populace the whole time.

not terrorism.

ive already seen plenty of drones in my area

How fast and high do these things fly?

Might have to go for some target practice

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

this year ive seen 4 or 5, and all but 1 of them was flying low. they fly low enough to where my scanner was able to pick up their transmitting frequency.

they sound like some kind of weird lawnmower, in fact it was their strange sound that drew me outside to begin with. its kind of like a loud constant fart. a higher pitch than the normal single engine low fliers.

i guess that is the only plus, you can hear them coming long before they arrive.

they also fly faster than the regular single engine planes. another thing was they seem to fly perfectly straight and at a constant speed.
edit on 8-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: additions subtractions multiplications and many many divisions

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I just started looking into these Domestic Spy Drones. A few days ago I was inline skating with my hi def cameras recording. Upon replay of that days video I spotted "something" that might just be one of these DSD's. I'll see if I can edit the video and upload it here or to Utube. I live in the Midwest USA in a university town.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
its interesting to hear that many of you feel you've already seen these bad boys in action. i would LOVE to get some youtube videos posted up here if possible (i know its unlikely you filmed them). I have no doubt that if we're hearing about it 'possibly' being used in the future, it more than likely is being used now.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i forgot to mention i live right smack in the middle of 5 airports, so i have no idea if these were actually monitoring the populace or just on some other mission.

the propeller is in the back, they arent shaped like a normal plane at all, if (or when) you see one there will be no question.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thats all UFOs that people spot are, not aliens but black ops. We are being spied on all the time but people just dont know it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

i've considered this possibility before and definately think its somewhat likely. i'm 100% convinced, however, that every single thing we say on the phone/type online is monitored. sometimes i wonder who's really wondering our government. do you think the black government has taken over? and if so when? i've often wondered if the kennedy assassination wasn't an outward display of a power struggle between the black and white government.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Very interesting... I haven't heard anything about these until now and can't say I have seen any. I live in Canada though, not sure, maybe they aren't here yet, or at least not in my city... Regardless, my eyes will be peeled... I would not be surprised if I saw one... The government really can't be trusted and the way I see it these spy drones are raping us of our rights of freedom, but who cares right? Not the government.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's true. I am a Police Officer in Florida, and we tried to acquire a drone similar to this. We could not fit it in the budget though. It would be a very useful tool for us. For example flying over a house that we are about to serve a warrant on to check the permiter, and how many entrances/exits the structure has. However I do understand why people would not want this in their city. It could be used in as many bad ways, as good.
edit on 12-11-2010 by TorqueyThePig because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So are these using the same technology as the ones in afganistan? I mean... skygrabber?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Warfare and Police espionage anyone? A must see 5 minute video. Short and to the point. Narrated by the prophetic words of George Orwell from 1984.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is all connected.

Notice the sudden change in TSA airport security. The govt realizes they can implement a new security measure, pulling it off as "terrorism prevention" however those new scanner are taking our biophysical information and recording them into personas used by these spy drones when locating a certain individual.

Why do you think the body scanners and spy drones are made by same company?

Why do you think the frisking test at the airport is so ridiculous, so you just go through the scanner and think nothing of it.

new topics

top topics

join