It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the November prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ok. I get it. There are a large number of external factors that are pointing to this month as the BIG ONE. There are even more members repeating the same things. At this point, it's like a giant roulette wheel. Somebody is going to win at this prophecy game, even if the pot is small.

Every day more and more members are posting theories and dreams and paranoia about this month. What are you going to do? Move to a cave until December (or at least until the December predictions start hitting)?

I suggest you live your life. Don't live in fear. Do what you can or what you feel you must, but anything that might happen is already out of your control.

I admit it. I spent a few moments this weekend tuning into midday news listening carefully for some world shaking (literally or figuratively) event. It didn't happen, so that cuts a good chunk out of the doom and gloom right there.

If you live each moment waiting for the big thing to happen, you're going to miss a lot of small things.

Peace, y'all.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

we all love to hate the prophecies, we can't help but read them and then keep that date in the back of our minds pretending that nothing will happen but secretly hoping one day, one of them is true so we can get the ball rolling and then live happily ever after

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I'm absolutely as guilty for reading them as much as the next person. You almost have to keep a calendar just to keep up, especially this month.

I just think people are posting (and reposting in most cases) just to get the win in case if their story happens, if you know what I mean.

How many times over the next day are we going to read about CERN, for example?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
it's like a giant roulette wheel. Somebody is going to win at this prophecy game...

$1111.00 dollars on 23 red please.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Ok. I get it. There are a large number of external factors that are pointing to this month as the BIG ONE. There are even more members repeating the same things. At this point, it's like a giant roulette wheel. Somebody is going to win at this prophecy game, even if the pot is small.

You know what I cannot stand on ATS? Is people started threads like "OMG IT DIDNT HAPPEN". IMO its more useless then the prediction itself. The forum is called "Predictions and Prophecies" Everyone is entitled to their own, and it is up to ATS users to determine if it has any merit. If you don't like reading about predictions then try a different forum, or maybe a different website. Your thread offers no more then the ones predicting the end of times or any other disaster. Its up to you to read and interpret and offer your opinion. But just flat out saying DONT DO THAT, never works, just ask our government.

I usually don't bother with this kind of thread, but I figured this time I would add my 2 cents.

If you dont like it, move on to the next thread and get over it. Your life does not get effected by someone stating that the world is going to end tomorrow unless you truly believe it. And if you don't, then simply move on to the next one and the next one until you find one that tickles your fancy. That is the point of an open discussion forum.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Well color me impressed that you chose my thread to dump your two cents into.

Similar in thought to your posting, I'll ask why you've coming into this thread when it obviously gets your hackles up?

My problem isn't with ORIGINAL posts in this forum. Not at all. My problem is with the band-wagoning, re-posting, flag-fishing and outright fear-mongering that happens here. How many links to the "truth about CERN" site do we need? How many ways can you rephrase "Obama's trip to India is our DOOM!"? Webbot? Timewave? It's all covered in about 6 posts.

Even though this forum might be a lot of fan fiction, please let it at least be original.

Your friend,

The Rabbit

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I am not saying that I do not agree with the fact that there has been a lot of activity and in most cases, some outrageous claims being made. However, during the election what do we see the most of? Election threads, false promises, "the anti christ", etc etc. I think its just another trend. We knew November of this year was a highly talked about month from before hand, so we should have expected a rise in people trying to get their piece of information in (regardless of how wacky in may sound). I bet the first time you heard about the NWO or aliens it was just as nuts as that simpsons episode predicting the end of days to be November 6th. The whole point is for you to figure out what information is legit and what is fantasy. But if you try to filter the flow of info just because you don't agree with the majority of it, then the more chances you will miss something you actually wanted to read.

Wherever there is attention being given, you will find attention seekers trying to get their share. Thats all I believe it is, just the hot topic of the month and everyone is trying to get there Watts score and Karma rating up. Its working isn't it?

I can appreciate what a lot of people are saying and that the top of the boards are being crowded but some seriously questionable topics. A lot of days I wonder how some get so many flags. But real ATS users dont live on the top of the boards. There watching the fire hose and digging deep into threads to find pieces of information to put together. And everyone will have a different appreciation for different information.

I just dont think all the calling out everyone is doing to try and stop the threads from happening, is realistic. This website is meant for discussion on all levels no matter how insane you think the topic is. imo, just move on to the next one. Personally I don't judge a thread based on how many responses or flags it has, it may catch my interest if there are a lot, however it does not offer anything until I actually read it. So its up to you, either ignore what doesn't appeal to you or try to stop those nasty kids. Personally I think you'll be a lot more productive just weaving out the ones you think are caaraazzyy.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in the Rant forum? I mean come on people, you knew November was going to be a big month for prophecies and predictions so why are you crying about it? Let it be until it passes.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Are you saying that we should move on to december profecies?

I'm a little unclear

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I predict that in a few weeks or rather a matter of days turkeys will be slaughtered by the dozens, hundreds. They will cluck to their children their grandchildren as they become a tasty morsel for a family. Not only that the last remaining crops will scream out through their roots as they are reaped from the ground, ground up and placed into containers for our consumption.

Anyway I found these to be quite the interesting part of ATS it was always fun to read up on A. How they came about to the conclusion of a prediction and B. What the predication will be. The comments always bring a bit of a smile to my face as I read them just as well

-Edit-- Though I will admit leaving each day with fear of a demise imminent is not a good way to live and can be quite stressful, then again it does add something I suppose to those who want more action in their lives and those who adore it?

edit on 9-11-2010 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know while we're at it, why don't we shut down all the alien forums that no one can prove or all the conspiracy forums that no one can prove. Hey why don't we just shut down ATS since no on seems to prove anything around here.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was going to ask to have it moved to rants after I posted, but I thought "How would I get flags or stars in there?".

Mods - Feel free to move this to rants. Please and thank you.

new topics

top topics

join