It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US defence secretary, rejects Netanyahu's call for 'credible' military threat against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting.....

The US has rejected comments by Israel's prime minister calling for a military threat against Iran to ensure it does not obtain nuclear weapons. "We know that they are concerned about the impact of the sanctions. The sanctions are biting more deeply than they anticipated and we are working very hard at this," Robert Gates, US defence secretary, said on Monday. "So I would disagree that only a credible military threat can get Iran to take the actions it needs to end its nuclear weapons programme," he said during a visit to Australia for security talks. "We are prepared to do what is necessary but at this point we continue to believe that the political-economic approach that we taking is in fact having an impact in Iran." Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, told US Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday that only a "credible" military threat can deter Iran from building a nuclear weapon, Israeli political sources said. Netanyahu, beginning a five-day US visit, argued that economic sanctions have failed to persuade Iran to stop its nuclear programme.

Again we have another twist in the tail. Could this be in answer to the concerns that people are showing towards Obamas mini- USA sitting in India and the surrounding area?

Time will tell I guess, watch the magicians left hand as he waves his right in your face.

Source
english.aljazeera.net...

Respects

edit on 8-11-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
they say that only a credible military threat could deter the continuity of Iran's nuclear program, but I'm pretty sure the reason Iran is insistent upon its program is due to the fact that it is constantly threatened with military action by nations such as Israel and the US who, with alliances and conquered nations included, literally surround Iran from every direction. :/

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I agree. Those of fair mind can surely see the hypocracy in the whole situation. As an aside I seriously doubt any weight should be placed on the US rejection of Netanyahu`s request.

Respects to you.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Israel wants war at all costs for no reason. Well I can only think of one: to justify their existence... Without a credible threat to Israel, there is no need to worry and they wouldn't be in the spotlight. Now that they are a "victim" they can get what they want.

It's all a game. They want to look like that victim so that they can get anything they want.

Magnum

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

that strategy usually used by both sides, in this case Iran feels the victim as US and friends feel threatened by the victim, even though the victim's hostility is a result of their teasing and taunting and provocations. that's usually how wars start, and is how wars continue.

new topics

top topics

join