It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry, secret or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
I cannot ignore the fact that Albert Pike writes that all freemasons from a certian degree should follow the satanic doctrine.
That to me cannot be misinterpreted, sorry.
Care to cite your source on that? Because if that's what you think Pike wrote, you haven't really read Morals & Dogma, just choice quotes taken out of context.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I cannot ignore the fact that Albert Pike writes that all freemasons from a certian degree should follow the satanic doctrine.
That to me cannot be misinterpreted, sorry.

can you show where you read this and please explain the context of his passage? I have read a lot of Morals and Dogma, but not the whole book yet. I have noticed nothing in the passages I read that would suggest Mr. Pike was anything other than a Christian man in Civil war America. Yes, some fundamentalist web sites who have an obvious hatred and agenda against Freemasonry have posted snip-its from passages that when displayed, seem to point to Pike being luciferian. But anyone with any brains knows to make sure what you are being told is fact, and would read the entire passage to find out what was really intended by the author. I could take quotes out of the Bible and crop them in the middle and make it look as if Satan himself wrote it. What would that prove other then my ability to misdirect?

that damn Norton guy was faster on the draw. Next time Norton, next time.
edit on 8-11-2010 by network dude because: just cuz

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Morals & Dogma - Albert Pike - Freemason
"The Apocalypse is, to those who receive the nineteenth degree, the Apotheosis of that Sublime Faith which aspires to God alone, and despises all the pomps and works of Lucifer. Lucifer. The Light Bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendours intolerable blinds feeble sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not! For traditions are full of Divine Revelations and Inspirations: and Inspiration is not of one Age nor of one Creed Plato and Philo also, were also inspired."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

ah one of my favorites. Please tell me in your own words, what Mr. Pike is talking about in this passage. And please do us the favor of pointing to where you found this piece of his passage. (hint, you are missing a bit of it)

edit to add this.
edit on 8-11-2010 by network dude because: just cuz

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Saurus

Does the symbol of the 'One Eye' have anything to do with freemasonry?
You just wrote that if freemasonry goes against what is written in the holy books then you will resign.
Pack your bags...
In the Qu'ran, it says, The Dajal (satan) has one eye. He sees through the left eye, which symbolizes that the dajal does not see with his heart, the right eye.
God sees with both.

A partially blind man also sees only with one eye. This does not make him satan.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No it does not answer my question.
The other member said, if I find anything in freemasonry which contradicts the holy books I will resign.
In the Qu'ran, the Dajjal has one eye....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

My neighbor has a dog with only one eye. She is a very nice dog. hardly Satanic material. I think I would have to agree with you here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

reply to post by Saurus

Does the symbol of the 'One Eye' have anything to do with freemasonry?
You just wrote that if freemasonry goes against what is written in the holy books then you will resign.
Pack your bags...
In the Qu'ran, it says, The Dajal (satan) has one eye. He sees through the left eye, which symbolizes that the dajal does not see with his heart, the right eye.
God sees with both.

A partially blind man also sees only with one eye. This does not make him satan.

That was not funny really, now was it?
My girlfriend is blind in one eye.
But thats not what were talking about is it?
Have you read the Qu'ran?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

No it does not answer my question.
The other member said, if I find anything in freemasonry which contradicts the holy books I will resign.
In the Qu'ran, the Dajjal has one eye....

You seem to have a habit of reading only what you want to see, and leaving out bits, thereby twisting words to suit your argument.

Please re-read my quote. I said:

However, as with LoneArcher, if I ever came across anything in that were contrary to the morals and values taught in the Holy Books (of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc, which, in my opinion, all teach the same values), or if there was anything that I would be ashamed to tell my parents, children or wife, I would resign without hesitation.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It was me that said if I found anything that promotes satanic values, I would resign. Satan (the adversary). I have read nothing that would indicate that Masonry acts against the Divine Creator. Satanic worship by definition, works against the Creator, therefore I cannot subscribe.

Are values are centred around the Divine Creator. How can that be satanic? The eye symbolises God, the Divine.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It was not intended to be funny.

You argued that there is a one-eyed jinn in the Qu'ran, and that there is an all-seeing one-eye in Freemasonry. Therefore, Freemasonry is satanic. I cannot draw the connection, even if I look for it.

I have read parts of an English translation of the Qu'ran.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You can only fool a fool.
I said what I thought I should say.
God does not see through one eye, only the Dajjal sees through one eye, in the Qu'ran.
That is one of the three holy books you mentioned.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

It was not intended to be funny.

You argued that there is a one-eyed jinn in the Qu'ran, and that there is an all-seeing one-eye in Freemasonry. Therefore, Freemasonry is satanic. I cannot draw the connection, even if I look for it.

I have read parts of an English translation of the Qu'ran.

The Dajjal and the Djiin are not the same.
This shows how much of a book you hold holy you have read.
Take off your mickey mouse gloves for a moment and turn the pages with your real fingers.
Sorry to be offensive, im sorry.
Goodbye.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The one eye does not literally mean that God has one eye. The one eye signifies omnipotence and that God sees all.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

the interpretations of symbols is personal to each person who thinks about them. If you need someone to tell you what things symbolize to you, then I think you missed the point. To me the all seeing eye (which was only borrowed by masonry and has been around since the beginning of time) symbolizes the ever present watchful eye of God. It reminds me that he is always there whenever I need him.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This shows how much of a book you hold holy you have read.

The holy books are like a telescope. If a man looks through his telescope, then he sees worlds beyond; but if he looks at his telescope, then he does not see anything but that. The holy books are things to look through, to see that which is beyond.

It is not the details of the contents of these books which interest me, but the lessons they teach.

edit on 8/11/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The One Eyed False Messiah

edit on 8-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

the whole original post sounds suspicious coming from someone with a masonic symbol in their avatar

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
and what about manly p hall another great mason

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion , which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare." [Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree, K.T., The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff , Forward by Reynold E. Blight, 33rd Degree, K.T., Illustrations by J. Augustus Knapp, 32nd Degree, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, p. 48; Emphasis Added]

Once the Mason learns to control his emotion and to apply the "dynamo of living power," the Mason can be assured of being able to control the "seething energies of Lucifer" in his hands.

He makes the admission that Masonry is the Craft, which is an old name for Witchcraft. Satanists are assured that, if they will join the coven and learn the Craft, he will control the supernatural power of Satan, just as Manly P. Hall promises here.

As you can see, they have exposed themselves. Powerful proof that Freemasonry is Satanism. The language is direct and clear. It is not cluttered with deliberately confusing arcane language that only an insider can understand.

Further, note that Hall and Reynold E. Blight are 33rd Degree Masons, while the Illustrator is 32nd Degree. Macoy Publishing Company is also one of the most respected of all Masonic Publishing Houses.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

please do me one favor before you grab that pitchfork and torch. Look at the date that was written, then look at the date Brother Hall was initiated into masonry.

I will give you a hint. He wrote a bunch of stuff about masonry before he became one. then once he was on the inside, he had a very different view of what it was. He leaned that one can only know the truth by being part of the story and not just by listening to others accounts of the same.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join