It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figured out the correlation between fate and free will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The secret is understanding the difference between Eternal and Perpetual. The world is perpetual because it lasts forever but it progresses from past, to present, to future, whereas Eternity is the simultaneous combination of all things at one individual present, because the Eternal Law is not created in time but exists prior to time. Human actions are thus free when considered with reference to themselves while God sees all things from an Eternal perspective and thus sees all things from an Eternal Present while not interfering with human actions. So there can be fate and free will.

In other words: it was fate that you were born a mortal, but as a mortal you have free will and can now have the power of choice.

Another way of saying it is the will is inherently free, completely and absolutely, but when it is willed, it becomes entangled in outside forces. In other words, at any moment you are free to jump, but as soon as you do so gravity begins to pull you down. Thus man has a limited free will within the scope of his body, while his spirit is completely free because it resides with God.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi,

Interesting series of thoughts you have there. Kudos to you for thinking laterally.

If I may say from my perspective things are much simpler in relation to Fate and Free Will. And to illustrate how I will ask you to follow a little mental exercise.....

Imagine you have a piece of small guage chicken coop wire about 1 foot square. Then in your mind roll it up diagonally with a little pressure to squeeze it down but not flattened.

Now look at one end and find the first external wire that leads into the roll.. follow it and note all the points where wires cross each other.. these represent points of choice in your life.

The entire roll represents one life. One Itinerary for a life.

When you choose a vacation you make plans for what you desire to experience on that holiday and maybe have some open days free to choose whatever you feel like, etc.

Well, so to for a Soul choosing a life experience here. It finds other souls who are happy to agree with co-creating experiences for each other to have as you the soul plans out the Itinerary for Life.

You included billions of possible choices.. the free or open days in your vacation.... and so as you enter that physical life.. the first wire leading into the roll.. you begin the journey.

In that journey you make things up as you go with the moment by moment choices you make.. this is Free Will and it leads you in subtly different directions through the life.

Fate.. which is a poor word to use at any time.. is then the main things you the soul wanted to experience in the life.

Note too when looking at the mental picture in your mind of the wire roll that one wire leads in and depending on the choices made.. the crossing wires... can lead you to the end at a different time than another choice may have.

This tells us that the moment of your death is not predetermined.. not Fated.. but something that is arrived at purely by the choices you make/made in your life.

Well, that's my .025 cents worth.. I hope it made some sense to you.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Somehow, you've both said the same thing!

Time
David Bowie
(from Aladin Sane)

Time - he's waiting in the wings
He speaks of senseless things
His script is you and me, boys

Time - he flexes like a whore
Falls wanking to the floor
His trick is you and me, boy.

Says the same to me

Time is our dimension. Yet we seemingly live in symbiotic relationship with the Everlasting All. What is a moment to Eternity when, for Man, everything can change in the blink of an eye?

Regardless of our will or the choices we make, none of us can tread a path without risk, without the unexpected, without our hearts ever breaking.

Eternity, the Everlasting All, asks only one thing of us. To choose. Do we, in our imperfection and brokeness, choose love?

edit on 8/11/2010 by teapot because: clarity

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You have no idea if your making your own choices fact.

There is no way you can say truly that free will exists as you not the total amount of variables that go into making that judgement.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by filosophia

You have no idea if your making your own choices fact.

There is no way you can say truly that free will exists as you not the total amount of variables that go into making that judgement.

there's no one in my head but me, the variables are external but i make the choice based on those variables, however i do not believe i have absolute freedom in body only in soul.

new topics

top topics

join