It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot joey koala remains critical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

FRODO the joey koala remains in a critical condition after vets were able to remove four more pellets from her body on Monday.

The koala was found with 15 shots to her body and lying next to her dead mother near Kenilworth on Friday.

Staff at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital have now removed a total of seven pellets. Frodo remains on intravenous antibiotics, fluids and strong pain relief.

Source: www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is the worst news I ever heard in my life. I pray for this little animal. Who ever shot this animal should be killed!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The maximum penalty for shooting my favorite Australian animal is AU$225000 and/or a 2 year prison term.

I wonder what led some simpleton with a shotgun to kill a koala and severely injure her joey.

This koala hater may not stop with koalas. He / she could go on to kill fellow humans.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is the worst news I ever heard in my life. I pray for this little animal. Who ever shot this animal should be killed!

One koala getting shot is hardly the worst news I've ever heard in my life...

But... to each his own I guess.

Its not even an endangered species, status still shows as "common" and in some cases koalas are thriving so much that theres even a "overpopulation" in some areas.

With all the wrong being done every day in this entire world, the koala is the least of these problems.

new topics

top topics

join