It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanuckCoder
reply to post by MrWendal

Flags are superficial.

Content is what matters. Who gives a crap about flags? Its just a vanity thing anyways.

I agree flags are superficial. However prior to the make over here at ATS threads were listed by and rose to the top of the board based on activity, responses and newest threads. It gave a little more balance. Sure, some of the more absurd threads still would make it near the top, but not like we see now. A fair majority of the time, that activity was based on content. Be it supportive or debunking. Now it is a matter of flags, and not much else. So since this is the case, should we not adjust our own reasons for flagging a thread?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Only good prediction thread I've ever seen on these forums. You even provided evidence to back up your claims, thats new! I've been critical of all these silly doom threads I've seen lately and the paranoids just call me a dis-info agent or "debunker" or w/e other catch phrase they use to brush off logical thinking and demands for proof. The main problem, imo is a lack of accountability, the doom date comes and goes and all the folks practically swearing on their lives that the prediction is true just quietly stop posting in the thread, don't apologize, and go off the make or flag another doom prediction thread.

Doom thread fail OPs should get a ban when their date comes and goes, misleading titles should be changed by moderators, people who flag these doom fail threads with no evidence should get some kind of negative doomtard displayed rep when the date comes and goes.

Of course none of this will ever happen, and ATS will continue to trend towards spreading ignorance instead of denying it. Its sad that so much great thinking and researching power gets wasted on these fail prediction threads by intelligent and logical folks (aka "debunkers" or "disinfo agents" or "ignorant sheeple") who can't help but try to talk some sense into these doomaddicts who will probably never be cured of their paranoia and gullability
edit on 8-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So please, stop the madness. Stop flagging this nonsense to death. If it interest you, don't flag- just subscribe to the thread so you can visit it as often as you like. With all the good stuff that is here on ATS it would be a real shame to see it get over shadowed by this silliness anymore than it already has. However, I predict that we will see more of this nonsense. I know this because I channeled the spirit of Elvis. He is doing well, but very angry that people are downloading his songs and not paying for it and he will show you proof his anger on November 14th 2010 by stopping Web Bot's "tipping point" dead in it's tracks. When my prediction is proven correct, Elvis expects you all to dress up like him and hold a free concert in front of your local Mental Institution. He would prefer you sing Jailhouse Rock and All Shook Up because the patients will really enjoy it, but make sure you flag this prediction to the moon before you go. As proof that my prediction is accurate, Elvis says that tomorrow the sun will rise and later on it will set and all day long water will be wet. Long live the King!

So please, stop the madness. Stop flagging this nonsense to death.

527> are u saying this in the spirit for others or are u sublimely saying don’t flag yours...not understanding the new policy here on the ats… the force is very confusing.
but ok,will do.

very good post,very calculated in the freqeincie of math.
yesss,very smart he added the flag thing so he wouldnt get any
and then he added elvis for the stars.
and whats wrong with that,long live Elvis?
are U SERIOUS !

and by the way,ALL THE PREDICTIONS WAS blatantly wrong and out of touch with reality in the matrix of being grown ups looking at the simpsons of SOME BLOODY falling clock.
STOP CREATING EVENTS THAT DONT BELONG IN THE MATRIX OF TIME OF TODAY..STOP IT !
NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN UNLESS U CREAT IT...PERIOD
edit on 8-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ive got a prediction for you mate.
I predict this post will almost put an end to this predict the future bs. Its not just only on ATS that this is happening. So called religious people are doing the same thing with end of the world or return of christ scenarios all over the internet even though their faith says nobody knows the day of the lord or return.

I have tryed a few things aswell and came up with interesting coincidences through the bible. But because I believe these could be coincidences, I do not bother pasting them all over a website just to be proven wrong. The people doing the prediction posts really need to wake up to themselves. I wonder if they realise everytime one of their predictions does not happen how dumb it actually makes them look.

But these sort of people will keep on coming and continue to be proven wrong. I really think they just keep putting the predictions out there, in hope that one will actually happen on one of their dates, and then they can claim they predicted it even after the last 500 or so they tried were actually wrong.

The so-called prediction I do not get is the May 21st 2011 that is posted all over you tube. I cannot believe when you actually argue about it with someone they believe who ever has predicted this event just by adding a few numbers in the bible. If it was that easy everybody would know every event, in every generation of our future.

I do believe there is something wrong with our world at the moment, and yes it is scary if you really think about where this planet is heading, but nobody can predict the future unless NASA etc find an asteroid heading straight for Earth of something along them lines. The rest is just rubbish unless there is factual proof which is not very often.

I hope Im not just rambling on and people understand this post, I will tell all of you, Im sick of these people aswell. Whether they think they are talking to aliens or believe they are a cult figure/prophet or something, They need to bring supporting evidence for their claim Adding numbers from scripture,TV shows, turning numbers upside down, sideways is not supporting evidence. All it shows is they can actually add and subtract.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by Mythkiller

Moar predictions plz.....

It makes the predicters happy and the complainers unhappy. For the rest of us, just grab some popcorn or something better.

It's a WIN WIN sitrep. Over.

PS I'll star ya but I can't flag ya until you step up to the plate with your own (thread) prediction!
edit on 8-11-2010 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

I did make my own prediction. Here it is from the OP

However, I predict that we will see more of this nonsense. I know this because I channeled the spirit of Elvis. He is doing well, but very angry that people are downloading his songs and not paying for it and he will show you proof his anger on November 14th 2010 by stopping Web Bot's "tipping point" dead in it's tracks. When my prediction is proven correct, Elvis expects you all to dress up like him and hold a free concert in front of your local Mental Institution. He would prefer you sing Jailhouse Rock and All Shook Up because the patients will really enjoy it, but make sure you flag this prediction to the moon before you go. As proof that my prediction is accurate, Elvis says that tomorrow the sun will rise and later on it will set and all day long water will be wet. Long live the King!

and my prediction thus far has proven 10% accurate. The sun did indeed rise today, water has been wet all day long, if the sun sets as predicted and we see more "prediction" threads based on a "feeling", a cartoon, cattle cars, or a channeled alien that it would have proven to be 100% accurate in every aspect.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
honestly i dont know which is worse, the prediction threads getting tons of stars, or

the threads complaining about the prediction threads getting tons of stars, getting tons of stars.
edit on 8-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: stars flags whatever, they are all equally imaginary.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by wcitizen

Woah! slow down before you pop a vain,dude!

Look,see yourself how ever you want.Doesn't matter to me.

Sorry if I was a little disrespectfull.Don't take it personally.

and...

yes,I've read ur contribution to that thread and it's gone from a possible false flag event to you guys stopping it just by discussing it.

All I'm saying is no one will know for certian what the future holds for us because the future is constantly changing.They're merely guesses.

Nowhere near popping a vein, dude. I'm cool. Just saying it how it is.

You clearly read something and spin it according to your own bias. Re what I wrote on the other thread, I simply put that forward as one possibility...never said it was the case. Go read it again and take of your subjective prejudice spectacles first.

I agree, no-one knows the future.....but people do still plan ahead, and we do that on the basis of mere guesses - on assessment conscious or not of degrees of probability.

Today we live in a world where the truth is being denied to the majority of the people, where lies are rampant and violence is the status quo. The normal 'degrees of probability' don't apply because there is a deliberate strategy to defy logical consequenes by manipulation and duplicity. The economic fiasco is one such example. Worse, people are being killed in hundreds of thousands as a result.

If you care to go through my posts, you will see that I don't participate in 'prediction threads', where the prediction is simply based on someone's 'premonition' or some kind of 'channelling'.

I have seen that catastrophic events are too frequently foreshadowed in the media. I believe Hollywood to be a mind manipulation machine. This is what I believe based on my observation. For that reason, I participated in the thread in question - the one you ridicule.

Your remark had one purpose only, to try to make someone look stupid and humilate them. It didn't work. Like I said, your opinion doesn't matter to me. My conscience does.

Thanks for the apology...which is graciously accepted.

Peace be with you.

edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a tipping point. People fed up with lame uninspired predictions. For the past 2.5 years I have amused myself with rants of no consequence and unfulfilled predictions. One prophecy site is nothing more that a chatroom for a gaggle of isolated people.

My life changed yesterday when 4 fighter jets buzzed my house three times, and they were armed. A woman stopped her car in front of my house and asked me what this was all about. She was scared. She tried tuning her radio for emergency information. I had no idea what was going on.

Turns out, they were doing a fly-by for the NFL game. A coworker with no credibility told me these jets more than likely, have to be armed because we are currently in an elevated alert status. Made sense to me.

MSM throws down the hogwash for the nonseeking. And whomever throws down the slop for the seeker. Cyberspace is an amazingly lonely place where people think they are connected but they really aren't. Even my little squeak here is disembodied.

If I were God, I would blast this planet with an EMP and make people have face time and neighborhoods again. For crying out loud, the solution is to go tribal not viral.

I have followed the web bot stuff and Cliff High. He is very eloquent and has a convincing delivery, but so does a strong percentage of our bipolar friends.

I've had enough. I actually just signed up with ATS just to put this post into the ether.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Whatever happened to "live and let live"? And frankly, i OBJECT to this constant mantra of "self censorship" that is being foisted on us (both in real life and by "the enlightened ones" here!!! ENOUGH. Your post, and suggestion sucks.

Actually several ATS Mods have been very vocal about being FOR that topic lately. I'm not sure if they are the "enlightened ones" you mean, but made me wonder...
to me the mods seemed to direct it at the "skeptics", NOT the predictors or "believers."
edit on 11/8/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You took the words out of my mouth...and in a much more thorough way than I would have put it, but thank you. This BS needs to stop and the FEAR MONGERING of ATS users by users is something the mods should be banning member for.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
By the way, this is the FIRST thread I have ever flagged on ATS. Congratulations. Your award will be found in the next 'prediction' thread. LOL.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You should have written this on November 15.
I know a thread that had the date of the economic collapse of 2008 in July 2008...
And anyway, you are writing this thread to gain popularity.
Even if I partially agree with you, there have been right predictions on this website...You just have to search for them and do your home- work, not like some people here that say " find for me that thread ", NO, YOU FIND IT.

Now, if on November 14th, for whatever reason something huge happens, what the heck will you do? I enjoy predictions thread and I know which threads could get it right and which will end up being wrong.

You know what is ridiculous?
All those people telling us that nothing will happen on November 14th and that " Nothing ever happens " ( sure tell it to Kabul inhabitants or Iran/Israel inhabitants, to Africans, go tell them that nothing ever happens because you are sitting on your comfortable chair enjoying your hamburger...).
For your information, one can say whatever they want about November 14th, but November 14th is still NOT here YET.
Everything natural can happen on that day, and you suddenly will look like a silly person.

Life is highly ironic...See ya on November 14th, maybe the irony will make something happen, positive or negative...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hell, sorry, but did you or any other person that critizises us who flagged that "Simpson"-thread watch the entire video in the OP (www.abovetopsecret.com...)?

Of course, I have to say the idea of a "Simpsons"-episode predicting a false-flag-operation sounded a bit far fetched to me. But when I saw the scenes of the "Lone Gunmen"-episode (which were included in the video in the OP), I was shaken to the bones. I mean so unbelievable it may sound, but the plot of the "Lone Gunmen" was about a false flag operation, that contained the destruction of the WTC by a highjacked passenger plane (727 or 747). And that episode was aired first just a few monts prior to 9/11. If you consider this, I think it takes no wonder, that people start to search for hints even in a "Simpsons"-episode (even more, if that special episode was about false flag operations and stuff etc.)

It's not easy for me to explain what I think, becaue english isn't my first language. I'm from good ole Germany, and I can tell you, that history teached my people a lesson, that (hopefully) we won't ever forget. (What do you believe, of whom the Bush-regime and their agencies got their ideas from?)

Do you know what the most scarying thing really is?

That people laugh on other people who take a serious look on prophecies of any kind because of this really unsettling feeling deep inside of them. And that those laughing people in fact don't see, what's so obvious: That you don't need any prophecies to know, that this world is on it's express highway to hell...

It's no more the question, if a shot will be fired.

A shot was already fired long ago. It's merely the question, which course it will take.

Don't laugh on us. Because it may be, that finally we'll be the ones that will laugh. Though it may be a bitter laugh...

edit on 8/11/10 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/10 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

link   

Who made you the thread police?
It's pretty simple, as others have said, don't read threads you don't like. I like reading the prediction threads, it's entertaining to read what crackpots think. I only openned your thread because it looked like another crazy prediction.

You know what is more annoying and attention seeking than crazy predictions, people whinging about something they can avoid.

link   
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. just ignore them, doing this just gives the ATS prediction whores more attention!

PS: nicely put together though! :]

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes it gets tiring after a while but what can you do when people are out to get you? I am not being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid, its just the nature of the beast, is it not? You think the world is based on fairness, good deeds, living comfortable, nothing bad ever happening?? Haha thats naive even for people that never visit conspiracy sites let alone what the NWO has in place for us. Its not even an american conspiracy per say, its a worldwide conspiracy; doing a quick search with any decent search engine will yield many thousands of NWO threads from across the globe...many not even in english!

I cannot begin to list every single threat possed to humanity and nature. It would take me pages upon pages and still some people would laugh away as though my comments were meant to be funny, when clearly they were not. It takes time to understand because it takes time to do the necessary research. Most people that dish you out either don't have the time to do REAL RESEARCH or simply don't care enough to bother. Its all about them because they think the world revolves around them and their actions.

I rather have 100 failed predictions then braindead people believing whatever yahoo news tells them to believe.. If ATS is too much for you then your probably wasting your time and our time in having to respond to your poorly thought out comments. The status quo keeps pounding away on insanity as though it is a mental illness, when clearly its THE SYSTEM ITSELF that is sick. I bet this will go over your head because clearly if you have to start a thread to complain about predictions then clearly you lack the necessary background to understand how the world truely works.

PS: My comments are meant for the OP and people who think in a simillar fashion..........

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
banning predictors is harsh. i truly believe in freedom of speech. but predictors should be made an example of. maybe if there avatar is hijacked or something to that effect. make them understand there choices have both rewards(star and flags) or consequences (hijack there avatar) especially when the prediction date comes and goes. there avatar should say something to the effect "I made a useless prediction, I am an idiot"
Mods what do you think? to control the paranoid prediction date madness. this would not stop the insanity but it would slow it down (people will think twice when they predict an event).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Though I firmly feel that you think your feelings are justified OP, you are clearly on the wrong site. If you want sanity from Alternative Thinking and Skepticism (ATS ::bowing:: thank you), then I suggest MSM. This site was created for the news of the weird so relax, have a beer and that purple chill pill. Or you could just hang up the old membership.
Also to those who feel that they are shamed to be here: why are you here? You know the material here is rail - no top shelf here, though we are hopeful! So if thinking out of the box is just not your lite fare, then fast food is the place for you.
And the best thread I've seen all day long was this one, which pretty much says what I just said, though not a la lite!
lite

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you buddy we are sick of seeing all those useless posts starred and flagged......
actually do you really give a cayusecrap?
Yu dont have to delve into the prediction threads you know...just flag them and move on....
cheers....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by wcitizen

U know what's funny...both you and sly1one posted on the Nuclear false flag alert thread.

Take it the two of you are feeling pretty stupid that absolutely NOTHING happened!!

LOL yes I did post in the thread, did I say I believed anything was going to happen? Did I say yup sure as shiz world is bye bye 11-6...sure didn't

What I did do though is consider the information within that thread and went with the flow of the thread. I made no predictions just "observations", I posted those observations for others to see and think of it what they will...Its called participating in a thread/discussion, its what you do when your not touting about all high and mighty like you know what ISNT going to happen and why people are "intellectually inferior" for believing otherwise....

I don't feel stupid for posting on that thread at all.....Nothing happened ya...so we move on? Why is this so hard for everyone else to do?

For the lot of people who think prediction threads are complete bunk and essentially a significant waste of time, you all sure are putting a lot of time and effort into them still, while everyone else has just simply moved on.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join