It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by Sly1one

makes me think of that story bout the boy who cryed wolf!wolf!

That would be the gubberment you are referring to!
second

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i hear ya man i try and debunk most of the idiot postings here also as i see something similar going on in the news and on here i post thats pretty much about it but yes too much really dumb predictions here pretty much the only one came true was october 13th prediciton with the ex norad guy so other than that i dont really care about nuclear false flag stuff anyway but great post man i hear yeah!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

U know what's funny...both you and sly1one posted on the Nuclear false flag alert thread.

Take it the two of you are feeling pretty stupid that absolutely NOTHING happened!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thank god someone posted this.
It needed to be said.

Now everyone go back to waiting nervously for the 14'th.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I guess it's time for me to quit this forum.

Too much garbage content getting too much attention.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinAF
Because of all these false predictions i will never pay real attention to any of them anymore, and i really hope that come 2012 nothing happens.

Well, that's what "they" want you to think, it's how "they" want you to feel. See, it's classic disinformational tactics. --Imagine that some few people ARE actually given REAL information. These people are likely to speak out. So, "they" run psyops (psychological operations) geared toward discrediting predictions and statements about impending disaster (or whatever).

Suddenly, sites like ATS are flooded by false predictions. Those false predictions were never really predictions at all, but rather the work of creative people paid (very well) to flood sites like ATS with a load of horse hockey. And, then you have the people who relish in the excitement of making a prediction; they know it's false, but it's like playing the lottery, they *could possibly* get lucky, but it's still made-up garbage. They are unwittingly serving as MISinformation agents. The diference between mis and dis-information is that one is intentional (dis) and one is oblivious to the fact (mis).

Between the two, mis and dis-information, sites are flooded with tihs (read "tihs" backwards). Do this enough, and when a "real" prediction or information leak makes it onto ATS, and people are instantly jaded, "Yeah right, sixteen other people said we were headed for that disaster last month, last week." See how it works?

The same has been going on in the UFO community for decades. There are highly paid, highly educated people and think tanks and groups and organizations being handsomely rewarded to keep Americans (and the rest of the world) in the dark about the truth about all sorts of things from the drug industry, drug war, UFOs, 9-11, food, healthcare and other "conspiracies."

One of their best tactics is to fill the field with rants from nut-cases so that the real voices are drowned in a sea of lunacy.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I read in fortean times that often hollywood can have cryptic message as they do have alphabet agencies in the industry. I think its more psy-ops then anything. Google CIA in hollywood or check out the article on fortean times i think their webpage has it. Wouldnt really rely on these threads claming cartoons predict it or just cause it has so many flags...Have we forgotten people often flag a thread like these because they can be very very entertaining?

Flags dont = TRUTH

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

can i just say that this "prediction" has been the best ever , and hopefully will come true, .........somebody needed to say it and no better person then ur self
............ ats is getting too much like the national enquirer ........... keep posting

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I guess it's time for me to quit this forum.Too much garbage content getting too much attention.

Again, if you do that, "they" win. I suspect that the high amount of false predictions lately is a precursor for something real that might be leaked. Unfortunately, it's hard to decipher what is false and what is not.

"They" are very good at what they do. They flood sites like ATS with garbage to drown out the few predictions that they are afraid might get leaked by an insider or someone who has come upon that information by whatever means. But yes, a lot of it is garbage; just realize that it is *intentional.* And, that they want you to stop being vigilant, stop trying to sift those golden nuggets from the sand.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

S+F! Really great post... Conspiracy theories are meant to encourage a playful feeling of paranoia, to make our tedious lives seem more exciting. Sometimes it's fun to fool yourself into believing in something that seems remarkably unfathomable by all forms of rationale and logic.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello Friend,

I have been feeling very much the same way and I'm glad you said it...the crazies have been working overtime this month and have been making a mockery of this site. It really has been quite annoying for myself to see all these predictions on the home page only to go back and see when the time has passed that they are being laughed at in the post they created...

Hopefully your plea will get through to some of the people who come to this site and we can sort out some of the rubbish that gets on this homepage with some real discussions.

Wade

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well it seems ATS is reaching the same problematic demise as many a "free" systems. The ATS T&Cs are in-place to prevent sidetracking nonsense, to keep people from being attacked and to generally keep the peace and "productivity." I put productivity in quotes there because as the author pointed out, these ridiculous prophecy/prediction/apocalyptic threads are anything but productive.

You have to wonder what the effects of unmoderated bashing would be on these ridiculous threads though. If we were allowed to truly express our deepest thoughts, not out of malevolence, but out of anger over the general egotism and nefarious lying that seems to intrude on intelligent discussions. I would look the other way if a veteran or otherwise intelligent member called the OP on one of these threads "a childish moron" or "a waste of the human gene pool," but I guess that's why I'm not a moderator and why I try to avoid any and all of these threads.

Openly condoning lies and science fiction when it is being discussed as possible fact is doing the opposite of denying ignorance, it is enabling ignorance. It is the same shield of "decency" that our politicians hide behind, when dragging a couple of the most corrupt through the streets and lynching them would get the point across and would likely curb further corruption. Meh, who knows, a bunch of kids apparently dictate what is popular or intriguing discussion on ATS these days. Most the OPs of these ludicrously idiotic threads aren't even old enough to vote.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Flags are superficial.

Content is what matters. Who gives a crap about flags? Its just a vanity thing anyways.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've been a long time ATS user/reader and agree 100% with the OP. This prediction stuff has gotten CRAZY outta hand. It IS fun to read for entertainment purposes, but it almost makes all of us here seem like a big joke. In fact, my friend and were also noticing how many Nov threads there were and how silly some of them sounded that we made this little video kinda poking fun at all the mysterious predictions here on ATS. Just a for fun kinda thing, but I think it's important to take a step back, look at some stuff her, and just have a good laugh. We made this video in honer of all of us here at ATS. Let's take a minute and and relax and have a laugh at our own expense. The truth is out there.....but it isn't going anywhere. I hope you enjoy it.

LINK TO THE VIDEO

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Really I think this is the symptom of people having very little real journalistic information given to them from the media, and the fact we're squeezed so hard economically that people can't afford any hiccups in our system or they'll lose their homes. So people try to grab onto anything in case it turns out to be real. Don't blame people for wanting to protect themselves or their family, even if they listen to ridiculous stuff. People have been so traumatized by out Govt. and the Intn'l Banks that we have nothing left to go on but heresay these days. No one in real power is helping the little guys/gals. What else do we do but hope we'll find out something through some careless insider that stops by ATS. It sounds crazy, but it's all that we really have these days. Don't you agree?

edit on 8-11-2010 by thepixelpusher because: typos

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How can predictions be out of hand if there is a place to post predictions and thats where they post? What they supposed to post there lol!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Its a solid rant I'll give you that, but a simple message to the mods might have saved you and us some time.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I will flag any thread I wish, for any reason that I, not another, see fit.

I will hand out stars like they are free, to the posts that I, not another, determine worthy.

I will not allow another to decide what I will flag or star or what should or should not be important to me.

I alone will decide what I shall promote through the awarding of stars or flags.

I will not impose upon, nor encourage the idea of self censorship of others.

I will respect the decisions of members that have flagged a thread, even when I do not agree.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have been around on ATS for about a year now and this was by far the best post I have ever seen in here!

A person that found his way to ATS at the beginning of this month must have gotten a feeling that this entire forum is just full of paranoid people that see doom and gloom everywhere.
Unless he is like that himself, he's not likely to stay here for long.

I always enjoyed to read a good predicition or two myself, but this 6th of november nonsense that just filled ATS completely the last weeks (Webbot, Timeline, Simpsons, Obama trip to India, Alien sightings, Baba Vanga and what not, all somehow was connected to the 6th of november that here on ATS by YOU, readers and posters, was declared the day of doom.
The sheer amount of threads was just overwhelming, and still - nothing out of the ordinary happened. I mean nothing. It was probably the most boring day of the year!

I always considered the ATS community to be well informed, smart and cool about somewhat "strange" events. If I ever wanted to read about alternative news and occurances that wasn't covered much (or at all) in msm, I always went here, to ATS to read up a bit.
I might have to think again though. Lately I more often then not, got the feeling that this community is full of attention-seekers, that compete in doing a big thing out of nothing. Competing among each others to get the most sensational headline and the most flags and stars.

The goal of these people seem to be to get the most people to read THEIR post - NOT to post the most well informed articles. In the news world there are papers like that as well.
They are called tabloids, and frankly, ATS has turned into their internet counterpart.
A few well written articles hidden deep beneath a pile of screaming headlines that is mostly full of nonsense is what ATS is today.
It makes me sad and I hope we can turn this around soon, so that I once again feel that I'm getting something good and smart out of spending hours and hours reading posts in here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well said OP, well said!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join