It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

i am not sure to subscribe or flag.... will do neither

good thread tho

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Call me crazy but sacrificial rituals go back a very long time, at least millenia!

This is true but no sacrificial ritual took place. No one died nothing was destroyed.

For instance I have argued much to some people's displeasure here on ATS that the Holocaust was a sacrificial ritual since it literally means "Burnt Offering" so I am no stranger to controversial theories that leave some people scratching their heads and others fuming in anger and disgust and a handful of people saying "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant".

I embrace the highly speculative nature of the site, but if you marry yourself to a prediction that in fact doesn't come true...

Now if one wants to imagine the talented and creative minds who are Hollywood's creative brain trust aren't aware of the esoteric, the bizarre, the macabre, the rare and unusual well, you are likely understimating and not fully appreciating their creative nature.

What the 'prediction' thread lacked was whether art was simply imitating life though, did the Simpson's writers and illustrators weave those esoteric elements in because they know it adds a dimension of creativity and mystery and intrique or were they really attempting to communicate something as suggested by the OP.

The evidence that they weren't trying to communicate something as suggested by the OP is overwhelming since the prediction of the OP did not come true in any way shape or form.

I know enough about the esoteric to have some respected members of ATS ask if I am an initiate but in reality so little that from time to time, I will U2U one of the sites more respected Masons for more background on some aspects when I know I have a question (believe it or not the Masons on ATS are really a friendly and helpful bunch when you are nice to them)

Now if I can email a Masonic authority to ask about what some things mean, I imagine anyone writing for the Simpsons wouldn't have much trouble either getting someone to help them weave elements of the esoteric into their cartoons.

That doesn't mean they aren't doing it simply for entertainment, for people like you or me that might know a little about these things, knowing it adds a dimension of intrique to their show.

I am sorry, I don't believe the official story of 9-11 either, but I don't believe either that a cover of a travel brochure with 9 on it positioned on the same page as the iconic New York Skyline who's trademark was once the World Trade Centers is enough proof of anything itself to make a case for someone on the Simpson's staff having pre-knowledge of the September 11th 2001 attacks.

If I wanted to prove that, I sure wouldn't be using snippettes from other TV Shows because the truth is life does often imitate art, and for every one TV Show or Movie that seemed to predict a disaster there are thousands that feature disasters that don't happen.

So we are missing two vital things here, one a notification system that actually would inform the elite which shows to watch and when so to be better informed, and two a real world investigation into the staff of the Simpsons that would prove some real guilt by association say with Duescha Bank or some other highly suspect institution or organization involved with 9-11, the actual affiliations and actions and money trails that would absolutely prove a real conspiracy.

People imagining that disecting the possible esoteric elements in a cartoon with endless conjecture is not proof of anything except people speculating endlessly about something they aren't credibly investigating in any responsible way.

Further while one can argue that the Simpson's Travel Brochure might have been alerting people in the 'know' to avoid New York City and the World Trade Centers on 9-11, that's all fairly clear, and had no esoteric elements, just the coincidence of the number 9 appearing, so no, the Simpson's episode that was used for this prediction had no such clear warning, it didn't name a city, it obviously did not name a time or a date in any way that 100's of members theorizing that it did speculated either.

As I said it would have been a great 'fun' thread had it not involved a utterly failed prediction that everyone engaged in that speculation absolutely married themselves too.

When it comes to wanting to convince all of America that their city might be the target of a nuclear attack within days or hours, no that's not fun, and it's not particurally responsible either when it's based on such incredibly flimsy evidence and poor research.

It makes credible conspiracy investigators look like fools, credible would be those people who after they speculate get off of their duffs and start pounding pavement and knocking on doors, and asking real people tough questions.

One in fact could argue that some members were in fact traumatized by that lack of credible effort and still are to this day, so then who really caused damage, some hidden cabal linked to the shadow government, or people with over active imaginations and poor investigative skills and methedology.

I write highly speculative opening posts on ATS all the time, but I am the first person to concete they are speculative and which elements are in fact just conjecture and what ellements are in fact, based on some real universally accepted standard of evidence for them.

I don't put them forth as absolutes and yes, I do try to keep my theories intact so people following along can actually comprehend and know what I am actually putting forth as a theory, but I always have an open mind to other real evidence, and appreciate, even publicly those who have done significant research that might dispell ellements of my theories.

In my own opinion which is only my own, what could have been a fun and insightful thread on the esoteric was instead a fear mongering fest that led to a wave of hysteria, as people who know something about the esoteric tried to parlay that knowledge into an expert status that wasn't there.

Now in conclusion to your very thoughtful and well considered post, when it comes to Masonic symbols and accusations of the Masons being involved, if the Masons of ATS don't make some effort to attack and question it, it's because they themselves think it's all a joke, based on a poor rendering of the esoteric.

If you hit close enough to home when it comes to some groups here on ATS they absolutely are going to make their presence known.

In short there wasn't one element present other than someone tying a lot of disconnected TV shows and coincidences together that made that prediction even worth considering as possible.

If tying a bunch of random TV shows and movies together is how you really want to divine a nuclear attack on the United States, well history now proves that's probably not a very good method or means.

edit on 10/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The mods are doing a great job, ATS has well established set of rules and forums and features. I would be a fool to spoil this odd corner of the garden of edenet. Which is what the op is doing.

Yes they are, but the truth is, that as long as you aren't violating the terms of service agreement, then there are no reasons for the moderators to get involved.

Yet here is the reality you can't prove a negative, so simply stating that there is no proof that the conspiracy wasn't real beyond people incorrectly quessing the date, is really a bit of misdirection.

If something isn't happening, then the only proof for it not happening is of course the fact that it's not happening.

That statement alone that there is no proof that it's not a conspiracy is really just a form of mental masturbation, especially when you aren't going to prove any conspiracy theorizing about it on the Internet.

So basically the strategy you are outlining is speculate, wait, speculate, wait, speculate wait, and see if something ever does happen that might have a strong enough tie in to convince people it has a strong enough tie in.

Seriously Hollywood is a very small community, I used to live there, and the people who you would need to talk to and investigate are in fact sitting in bars every night after work, in the nice restaurants eating their dinners, in the stores shopping just like the rest of us. They have offices with addresses on them that the U.S. Postal Service finds every day.

They put their money in the bank, they have lovers, and significant others, gossipy neighbors and friends and associates.

Now maybe you live in England, or France, or Pittsburgh and you don't have the time or money to do some real investigating but I know lots of members on ATS live in L.A. some of them are even involved in the entertainment world which is very small and cliquey.

So there is absolutely no reason if you feel that this is all credible, not to be credibly investigating it, by really running down some 'real' and 'hard' elements of the theorized conspiracy.

The Internet and theorizing and speculating with others, will only take you so far, in this case to the point of not having guessed accurately and now having no avenue left to you on the internet but sitting around speculating and waiting and seeing.

My problem from the beginning is the methedology used to make a unprecedented prediction, a nearly unthinkable one, a deliberate attack by elements within the U.S. on U.S. soil and citizens with a nuclear weapon.

I honestly think some people are so isolated by the internet environment and infotainment that they can't appreciate the extreme gravity of the accusation itself, you are in essence accusing people of crimes against humanity, high treason, and mass murder, and ecological destruction, all off of a cartoon and a few movies, and leveling it at a group of very real people.

The people who write and draw, and deliver sandwiches and run errands, and produce, and sell advertising for the Simpsons are all real people with real names, and real lives.

Get out there and real life and find one or two or three or how many that have real names, real affiliations, real bank accounts, that actually suggest that there is something real to this conspiracy that hasn't been proven real at all.

Now ask yourself this, if you really feel this is a valid conspiracy and you aren't really doing or even attempting to do the real things that would prove it, how seriously are you really taking it and youself?

Just saying!

Oh and by the way, wanting to make that about the OP of this thread, who didn't make that prediction, and doesn't believe just waiting to see is a credible method, is really just deflecting.

So if you find fault with his methodology which you are in fact stating is 'similiar' how does that make your methodology better.

This is not an attack on any one Harry, you know I consider you a friend, and I respect you too, it's a wake up call and an invitation to take your passions to the next level where they aren't just dependent on guessing and sitting around waiting for something to happen that might never happen.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

It never occurred to me that Signals was the Author of the Simpson's thread.

Why in the world else would I be wasting my time here

Now what a shock that here you are now, bashing me for pointing out the obvious. Is it any real surprise that the ones on this thread, screaming the loudest were the same people who participated heavily in the Simpson's thread? I'd also like to ask you, why would you stay singularly focused on that one example I provided and ignore all the others examples provided? It can't be just because you authored that thread can it?

Of course it's because I authored the thread. You are a keen observer of the obvious. Like I said in my first post here (page 3 ish I think) this is nothing more than flag envy and a thinly veiled attempt at promoting censorship, and by every definition of the proper forum, it is a Rant, pure and simple.

No worries though, I for one love a good rant, so carry on!

@PT-

If you had followed the thread in question you would have noticed my thoughts were I prayed and hoped it was wrong, and I'm elated it was wrong...What more do you require? The thread has a great deal of value, just based on our practice in connecting dots and coming up with interesting takes and theories on the matter, come on, I know you can at least see that. Shall I walk the plank now, or offer my throat and a dagger because it did not come to pass on the date suggested?

You people need to grow up, stop whining and crying about other threads and go create something new and exciting....Give us something better than this, please!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

NO!! You are giving that thread FAR to much credit... It was a thread pedicting a nuclear event based on a simpsons CARTOON.. C_A_R_T_O_O_N !_!_!

I can not force myself to even entertain that Sam Simon and crew are part of some conspiracy to hide hidden Nuclear doomsday messages in the simpsons! I would feel psychotic and delusional if I even considered it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is not an attack on any one Harry, you know I consider you a friend, and I respect you too, it's a wake up call and an invitation to take your passions to the next level where they aren't just dependent on guessing and sitting around waiting for something to happen that might never happen.

Thank you PT

My problem from the beginning is the methedology used to make a unprecedented prediction, a nearly unthinkable one, a deliberate attack by elements within the U.S. on U.S. soil and citizens with a nuclear weapon.

911 was unthinkable. Yet there is clear evidence of precognition of the event in the media. Whether conspiritorial or psychic in nature is highly debatable, but i'd bet you'd find evidence of both in almost any example.

Conspiracies would leave clues, hence we brainstorm and look in likely places. The psychic angle would also produce clues, so we look in likely places. Both "could" have knock on effects on reality in real time, but that's just silly thinking ... ATS is a conspiracy site, and any conspiracy or theory begins with conjecture.

I honestly think some people are so isolated by the internet environment and infotainment that they can't appreciate the extreme gravity of the accusation itself, you are in essence accusing people of crimes against humanity, high treason, and mass murder, and ecological destruction, all off of a cartoon and a few movies, and leveling it at a group of very real people.

The crimes against humanity, high treason, mass murder, ecological destruction are all being carried out as we speak by group of very real people. In the thread, i produced "real world" intelligence reports about a nuclear false flag currently being planned. I don't make any of this up. All i'm doing is conjecture. An online forum where somebody can say "all masons watch the simpsons" ... and well ... so what? I don't agree with that, as funny as it may be, but it's a debate (forum) about a "prediction" ... albeit a failed one. Of course if you never fail you'll never succeed ... i'm told.

The central evidence of that prediction was a simpsons episode, courtesy of you-tube and bored people. That's part of the problem, and the only thing the op did wrong was the headline. The concepts and ideas associated and which derived from the discussion were something completely different though. Which is the wrong? Or both?

The central premise of this thread is:

The truth is, it makes everyone who visits this site, and takes the time to read these "prediction" threads perceive us all as idiots.
So please, stop the madness. Stop flagging this nonsense to death. If it interest you, don't flag- just subscribe to the thread so you can visit it as often as you like.

Don't flag it because it makes us look like idiots. Talk about research.

Doom threads ... would that be the times or the post? This air of expentancy is a clear sign of our times, and is part of the conspiracy itself, worthy of our attention. Flags are a good indicator of that attention. I would argue for the continuation of doom threads if only for future record. To have a good chuckle over, you know? after the doom.

Deny ignorance ... by debate? Or by "rubbishing" concepts you don't agree with? Which is the OP doing?

Truth is out there, but we need to find it, and keep trying to find it. Censorship, even of methods, will not help. Free thought is our right, and the more we can do it together the more powerful it becomes. By a strange synchronicity i found "The Kraken Awakes" by John Wyndham on my way home today. I bought it. From the introduction (which i hurredly read):

People - if anyone does read it - can disregard what you put in if they don't like it - but it doesn't help anybody if you go leaving out things that might be important just because you're not absolutely sure.

peace

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Call me crazy but sacrificial rituals go back a very long time, at least millenia!

This is true but no sacrificial ritual took place. No one died nothing was destroyed.

Granted nothing bad materialised on that date but perhaps spilling the beans on that perceived threat may have prevented it from happening in the first place. Who knows, weirder things have happened with the occult and super-natural.

For instance I have argued much to some people's displeasure here on ATS that the Holocaust was a sacrificial ritual since it literally means "Burnt Offering" so I am no stranger to controversial theories that leave some people scratching their heads and others fuming in anger and disgust and a handful of people saying "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant".

When it comes to jews, and I mean no intentional disrespect, its probably a case of paying for bad karma. From hanging christ, to their awful superiority complex, to monopolising wall street, to rebelling against rome, their stranglehold on rare minerals, etc......

Notice I did NOT say anything about reclaiming the land of israel and/or palestine. I think they have a rightful claim to it but the arab community is using israel aggression for unity reasons, in other words to cover-up for arab short-commings on their domestic stage. Yes palestinians also have a valid claim but since they are muslims I see no reason why can't leave israel and go to friendlier territory.

I embrace the highly speculative nature of the site, but if you marry yourself to a prediction that in fact doesn't come true...

I guess the really informed "speculators" don't post much on conspiracy sites; they prefer writing books, selling investigative dvds or simply join hollywood in their quest for fame and money. What are we left with then?

Amateur investigators trying feeverishly to connect the dots with what spare time they have and perhaps help others in their quest for truth, something that is sadly missing in mainsream outlets. Sometimes they come close and some times they fail miserably.

I know enough about the esoteric to have some respected members of ATS ask if I am an initiate but in reality so little that from time to time, I will U2U one of the sites more respected Masons for more background on some aspects when I know I have a question (believe it or not the Masons on ATS are really a friendly and helpful bunch when you are nice to them)

Its all nice and dandy as long as we don't bring albert pike and the illuminatti into the picture, then they get defensive and the wolfpack attitude kicks in. Not all masons are equal, thats for sure. Masonry by itself is not the conspiracy, but apparently it is being used as a cover for nefarious reasons. Its hard to know with so much secrecy.

I write highly speculative opening posts on ATS all the time, but I am the first person to concete they are speculative and which elements are in fact just conjecture and what ellements are in fact, based on some real universally accepted standard of evidence for them.

I don't put them forth as absolutes and yes, I do try to keep my theories intact so people following along can actually comprehend and know what I am actually putting forth as a theory, but I always have an open mind to other real evidence, and appreciate, even publicly those who have done significant research that might dispell ellements of my theories.

Although we come from different schools of thought, you a libertarian conservative and me a true socialist, I have to give you lots of credit for taking the time to write insightful threads and then following up on each and every post.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Do I sense a hint of jealousy?

You stated "Give US something new and exciting"

You seem to be in the minority here brother. As I look over the stars and flags, this seems to have more in agreement than yours did. If you can even use that as a meter. I would bet the farm, with the #'s at hand.. you will say it isn't a proper meter. But, I would expect no different.

What is interesting and entertaining for one, is not always that way for another.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

No, not jealousy, contempt maybe. I was specifically called out in the OP. So I sorta have a right to defend meself you know?

Stars and flags mean notta, nothing, zero to me. You can't really do anything with them...Now, if you could buy cool ATS swag then I'd be pumped

I just want the OP to admit this is a useless Rant, that's all.

It's creation goes against the principle it preaches. It's a thread about other threads. Not one shred of originality.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just-----WoW.
I am confused. What part of "interesting and diverting entertainment" is so hard to understand?
If you are looking for absolute fact, a dictionary or encyclopedia would be the place to look.

Here is for the obscure, the far out, the possibilities that may exist, within which some truth or insight may be found.
IMHO, predictions are interesting, sometimes right on, but usually tell more about the predictor than the future.

But then again, I pay for the "Shape" reports and find the "better than chance----slightly" hits that do occur eerily prescient---though usually in unforeseen ways.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

yes, I agree that you have a right to defend yourself... And I will defend your right to defend yourself.

But... Since I agree with the OP 100%.. I will defend the OP.. I hope you will defend my right, to defend my opinion.

Prediction posts used to get under my skin.... Not 1 Not 1 has come true.... Now I find them funny and entertaining.

But .. as prediction posters .. you have us by our jewels...

You can ALWAYS and most do... fall back on " maybe us exposing it, stopped it from happening" :::::: High 5's watching out that they dont knock their tin foil hat off of their ham radio:::::::::

Again ----- C-A-R-T-O-O-N let that resonate..... Say out loud to aanother human, face to face "I think that the simpsons cartoon has a hidden message exposing a REAL nuclear threat to the US".. I hope you have good enough friends, that they will show you the flaws in logic that this posesses.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think that purple headed dragons with wii remotes will come down from the skys later on today in a spinning wheel of a machine blowing out white smoke and making loud noises, then we will all be saved by the dragons after we give them our souls.

I heard that from a good source, so it must be true. Na I'm not being serious, but really guys, there is some things going on and we all know it. Its just a matter of time before we all become aware of the truth. Maybe not this week or month hell year? ? who knows, just live in the moment guys/gals. Thats my .02

Scott

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Derp! this thread is purely for whoring stars/flags. Nothing else.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by blah yada

Maybe a sister site with stricter member rules as regards thread topics.Or a site that certain topics are promoted to on merit of undeniable truth or other legitimacies.Call it ATSUltra or something .The unproven and fringe stuff can stay in ATS .

Really?... and who decides what is "undeniable truth"?... You?....

Originally posted by blah yada
That way people can be educated without being repulsed by cretinous inanity.

Educated, or indoctrinated into what YOU want people to beleive?...

I swear some people can't see the insanity they try to promote and they think they are smart...

Look, in ATS,there is a huge variety of topics open to discussion in threads of varying quality.I'm not suggesting outlawing any topics.All I'm saying is that the gulf in quality and content of certain threads is huge.Some are badly conceived or badly written, or make totally insubstanciable claims.Others are well researched,well written with sources and links to evidence and proof.Why should we have to sift through garbage to find gold?

And certainly I wouldn't be the one deciding on this.This would be the preserve of mods and owners of this site.Your implication that somewhere in my post I alluded to Me making executive decisions is invented and paranoid beyond belief.

It was just a suggestion.Shoot holes in it by all means, but don't cast irrational and unfounded aspersions on the nature of my intent.You're riposte is a convenient example of why many intelligent people think this site is for people who refuse to take their schizophrenia meds.Pull yourself together would ya?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Resurrectio

No, not jealousy, contempt maybe. I was specifically called out in the OP. So I sorta have a right to defend meself you know?

For me this is a very insightful comment to make. I'd like to state that "you" were not called out about anything. The thread you authored was used as an example, along with many other threads authored by many other people. Maybe you are taking this as a personal attack, but this thread is not about YOU. No one is attacking you, so what exactly are you defending yourself against? Do you have something against the idea that threads should be flagged due to content rather than the other reasons (that I am admittedly guilty of as well) that I listed?

Your comment also answers my previous question of you that remained unanswered. I asked why you seemed so focused on one particular thread example, and yet ignored all other examples. Well, now we all know, because you authored one of those thread examples and are assuming it is some kind of attack on you personally.

On that note as well, your thread was not a discussion of subliminal messages in the media. It was titled "Nuclear attack in 3 days!!!" You have been around ATS for quite some time, are you really going to sit here now and say that if your "prediction" did not materialize, you were not expecting any type of backlash or "I told you so"?

Stars and flags mean notta, nothing, zero to me. You can't really do anything with them...Now, if you could buy cool ATS swag then I'd be pumped

They must mean something to you if you think I would make this thread because I suffer from "Flag Envy". As you yourself have stated, you can't do anything with them. So your suggesting I wanted to see a thread I authored score many flags which I can do nothing with for what reason exactly? I have posted several threads over the years on this account as well as my previous account. Some received many flags and stars and applause. I have made many more that have received very very little if any at all. So? The sun still rose and set the next day. My world certainly did not come to an end. As a matter of fact, I didnt even lose a moment of sleep. Yet here you are suggesting that I made this thread, not because I feel it needed to be said. Not because it was something I strongly believed in. I did it for the flags and stars? Sorry, but to me that is just an excuse to attack an argument being made because you are unable to attack the actual argument.

I just want the OP to admit this is a useless Rant, that's all. It's creation goes against the principle it preaches. It's a thread about other threads. Not one shred of originality.

This thread is not about complaining about other threads. It is about the idea that we (The ATS community) change the way we flag threads based on the way flags soar threads to the top of the boards instead of based on activity and participation (like it used to). It is about people taking personal responsibility in regards to what stories do make it to the top of these boards and to flag based on content over any other reason. Again this is something I have stated many times through out this thread. So if you choose to dismiss that idea in favor of your "rant" theory, that is your choice to do so, but if you are waiting for me to validate your idea than I am afraid you have wasted your time.

On that note as well. If the MODS feel the urge to move this thread, then by all means do so. To be honest, I was not sure where to put it. I considered board business, I considered rant, I considered the Predictions forum. I honestly did not know where o put it so I chose General and figured if I got it wrong it would indeed be moved. MODS here are very good about doing that. So if your biggest issue is that you feel this is a rant and in the wrong section and want to debate that issue rather than what the OP is actually about, bring it to the attention of a MOD. There is not much I can do about it now. That being said this thread is exactly what the title says it is. My plea to ATS about how and why we flag threads and to consider that when flagging and my own prediction, which granted does nothing but poke fun of other predictions. Yet this thread list numerous examples of why I make that plea. That is the evidence of why I felt it was time to consider how and why we flag other threads.. You made a thread called "Nuclear attack in 3 days" based on no evidence at all. If "originality" means I throw out doom predictions based on nothing but pure speculation, sorry but I will pass.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Derp! this thread is purely for whoring stars/flags. Nothing else.

You really make me laugh. You bash me because you thought I had made a real prediction, but in essence agreed with the original post. Instead of stopping and actually reading this thread, you have done nothing but continue to come back here to make insults.

I can honestly say, the opinion of someone who lacks basic reading comprehension skills means nothing to me at all. If you want to actually debate something, great. I am here to address anything of relevance you have to add. If not, then I will not waste my time or any reader's time any further with your obviously well thought out and insightful remarks

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Fair enough. Perhaps my perception of a personal attack in your OP is unfounded. My ego gets in the way of common sense at times...I think I see where you're coming from.

Understand that I never intended to garner much attention from that thread, it just took off like wildfire. I thought the video was worth sharing, and it did, I admit have a profound effect on me.

It just bothers me that you feeI the need to try to influence how the ATS membership gives out flags and stars, I personally don't think the system is broken. I still think this is a Rant but I'll leave it at that and move on.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Fair enough. Perhaps my perception of a personal attack in your OP is unfounded. My ego gets in the way of common sense at times...I think I see where you're coming from.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I am glad we have found some common ground and hopefully we can build from that have a more critical discussion based on the OP.

Understand that I never intended to garner much attention from that thread, it just took off like wildfire. I thought the video was worth sharing, and it did, I admit have a profound effect on me.

There is no way to know how a thread will be received. I did not expect this one to gain the attention it did and I understand you never expected that thread to build steam like it had, but at the same time it can not be too surprising. I logged into ATS one day and saw a thread titled "Nuclear Attack in 3 days". I think it is fair and reasonable to say that a lot people did the same thing I did, clicked the link to see what was up.

I think the response from your thread is a real indicator of the general mood here at the site, and in fact the real world. A lot of us think something is up. A lot of us think something is coming, and coming sooner rather than later. It is reflected in the forums. Just about each forum has the same "sense" that TPTB are soon to show their hand. Weather that hand is shown as global governance, disclosure, war, authoritarian governance, false flag event. Just pick a topic. I can not recollect another time like this, and to make it even stranger, they all have a solid point. It is an interesting time to be a Conspiracy Theorist. I thought the video in your thread was interesting, but did not warrant such a sensational title based on the evidence. We have also always had predictions here at ATS, but I can not recall a time where so many predictions pointed to the same window of time. So all things considered, it stands to reason how the thread took off like wildfire.

It just bothers me that you feeI the need to try to influence how the ATS membership gives out flags and stars, I personally don't think the system is broken.

Now here I disagree. The site has changed. Prior to the changes threads climb on the board based on not only flags but participation and activity. Now it seems, and maybe staff can let us know if I am wrong, that it is based mainly on flags and nothing else. The topic of sensationalized thread titles is nothing new here, but it is no secret that sensationalized thread titles attracts flags.That leaves the window open for the more outlandish claims to get front and center. So outside of completely changing the system, shouldn't we, (the ATS community) alter the how and why we flag threads? For myself I can not begin to count the amount of times I flagged a thread based on a quick glance or even a thread title. The main reason being so I can come back to it later, and I can not begin to count how many times I wished I could have taken my flag back once I got to the actual content

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They think they can predict # just by collecting information from all sorts of media. Media which is controlled and shaping our viewes. LOL at them tools
Nice topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hey guys..

I found this relevant enough to join and make a post.

This guy has a good point.

Why don`t ATS just replace FLAGS with Thumbs up AND thumbs down??

That would solve all the problems. If you disagree, you can thumb it down. More thumbs down than up will mage it negative =)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join