It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't get it. Is starring and flagging a post going to prevent those who prefer more "substantive" subject matter from navigating the site and finding a topic to participate in that is more to their liking?

What seems really ridiculous is that THIS thread is being starred and flagged, and there's really no thought provoking content here, just a bunch of people arguing over something they'll never agree on.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
...Good job and contributing towards to mountain of pointless threats that we have to sift through just to get a decent, meaningful, well sourced article.

Thanks again, keep ruining ATS.

What threats exactly did the OP contribute? I'm a little confused by your post, because it is non sequitur and seemingly has no relevance to the OP's post to which you are replying...

...and two people decided to give you stars? For what -- not reading/comprehending the OP?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by MrWendal

OP, a few questions...

What is worse? A thread about a predicition (posted in the proper forum for predicitions, mind you), that garners a lot of attention...maybe because it was interesting to many....OR, a thread about how much you despise predicition threads, and how they damage ATS ?

Maybe you can show me where I said I "despise" prediction threads? What I "despise" is a lack of common sense. What I "despise" is an attempt to sell me to some ridiculous idea that Cattle Cars = Prisoner train cars. That a cartoon is sending me secret warnings of impending doom.

I have no idea where you get that I "despise prediction threads" when I have clearly stated throughout this entire thread that... ohh I will just show you exactly what I have said instead.

I have seen some very good predictions based on very real evidence. I have seen some predictions that sound reasonable. I have also seen predictions based on nothing more than a "feeling". Of course, channeled predictions are certainly the most entertaining. I love it when an Alien, Spirit Guide, time traveler, Jesus, God, and even the Easter Bunny tells someone what the future holds. I can't lie, those are my favorites strictly for entertainment reasons.

Now actually I enjoy the Predictions & Prophecies forums. At no point did I say I disliked it. I actually like my fair share of doom and gloom. I like reading about the dreams people had. I actually believe some people can dream future events. However, it is one thing to say "this is my dream and this is what I got from it" and saying "I had a dream and the world WILL come to an end because my dream said so".

My complaint is not with "prediction" thread per say, it is with the way that threads now garner attention here at the site since the new changes. As a result of those changes, I am suggesting we, as a community, change the way we flag threads. Previous to these changes flagging was not as important to have a thread go to the top of the boards. Participation and Activity of the thread was, not just flags.

Hmmm I still do not see where I claim to "despise" prediction threads.

How does this thread appear to those just casually browsing ATS? (I ask because you seem worried about our perception).

I would hope that to those who are casually browsing they would see that not everyone here believes that a Cartoon is speaking to them with hidden messages. I would hope that they would see that not everyone here would look at Cattle Cars and scream about them being "Prisoner Train Car taking us to the FEMA camp". I would hope they would see there are still a few people left here with some common sense.

How is it helping what you perceive to be a problem by telling other ATS'ers what threads to flag and not flag? Can't people make up their own mind on what they deem interesting and worth a look?

Absolutely they can. However, this issue of telling others what to flag and not flag is far from the truth and has been addressed on several pages of this thread. I have clearly stated on several occasions..

My issue is about how the flags we put on threads and cause said threads to sit at the top of the boards and represent this web site that touts the banner "Deny Ignorance"

and I have also stated several times (and I am not about to go back and search the thread for all my quotes because I do have things to do today, that if people are flagging a thread because they share it's views or agree with the OP. I take no issue with that at all. Why does the idea of flagging a thread based on its actual content frighten so many of you?

This thread should have been moved to the Rant Forum on day one....because that's all it is!!

and if it gets moved, so be it. If the MODS see fit to move it, I take no issue with that at all. Personally I think a "prediction" based on a cartoon should be moved to the HOAX forum. So whats you point here?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

No it is not. Hence why I am not saying "ban" prediction threads. There is no "censorship" here. However these silly threads based on nothing should not be the top story here at ATS either should it? Maybe it should if you think a cartoon is speaking to you and giving you warnings of impending doom.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Personally I think a "prediction" based on a cartoon should be moved to the HOAX forum. So whats you point here?

If that were the case, then ATS would have to do away with the entire Prediction Forum....

My point is that you created this thread to rant about other threads....And it's gained quite a bit of attention, which I understand. However, it seems to undermine the underlying principle of what you were getting at. Because now it has moved all the way to the top, perhaps squashing much, much more interesting material. - Based on a petty OP attacking other threads and whining about flags and stars.

Ironic, yes?

Maybe next I should create a counter thread because I don't like threads that were created to complain about other threads...

edit on 9-11-2010 by Signals because: classified

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I disagree, there's too many self-centred threads about here diluting the integrity of those who share brilliant information and knowledge.

To many bias/subjective thread discussions with such titles as "To all, i have a feeling that something bad is going to happen..."

or "I just hate those liberals" or "i spoke to God"

It's just a pointless waste of time, it has nothing to offer, just opinions and subjective exerience, we come here to seek truth, we want evidence, we want critical thinking, sources of information not mindless dribble. I do anyway.

Unfalsifiable deceptive claims such as "i speak to dead people" should just been thrown in the bin unless proper proof is provided.

It's turning into the mainstream media, mindless dribble and biased spin.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes I would say it is Ironic. However, I like to think that the flags and stars are representative of the fact that I am not the only one who is sick and tired of seeing these "predictions" based on no evidence whatsoever.

I can think back to another thread, not too long ago, that was not really a "prediction" but more of a "this is a possible scenario and this is why" type of thread. It was based on solid evidence, some speculation, but at no time did the OP say "We are doomed and an attack WILL happen" Instead he said, "this is strange and we should keep an eye on it" That thread is This one

Now take notice of the thread titles. The one I linked is, "Potential False Flag Terror Event unfolding in Vancouver" as opposed to "Nuclear Attack in 3 days" which was based on a cartoon. See the difference?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

I disagree, there's too many self-centred threads about here diluting the integrity of those who share brilliant information and knowledge.

To many bias/subjective thread discussions with such titles as "To all, i have a feeling that something bad is going to happen..."

or "I just hate those liberals" or "i spoke to God"

It's just a pointless waste of time, it has nothing to offer, just opinions and subjective exerience, we come here to seek truth, we want evidence, we want critical thinking, sources of information not mindless dribble. I do anyway.

Unfalsifiable deceptive claims such as "i speak to dead people" should just been thrown in the bin unless proper proof is provided.

It's turning into the mainstream media, mindless dribble and biased spin.

Again I have to ask you...Did you bother to read the original post?? I ask this because you are essentially saying the EXACT same thing I am saying. So what is it you disagree with exactly?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Maybe next I should create a counter thread because I don't like threads that were created to complain about other threads...

edit on 9-11-2010 by Signals because: classified

And that would be your right to do so. Maybe you should write that thread. I look forward to reading it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
all of you people dont know a clue about whats really happening remember that evilness is wiser than human and remember that we are here to control all of you iditots im happy because dooms day its cominggg muahhaahahah

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

My point is that you created this thread to rant about other threads

Personally I think it's an attempt to be constructively critical.

Now in all fairness, for the most part, at least to the extent I participated in your thread, you were willing to at least concede that people with an alternative point of view, may have a point, even though you stated you felt certain they were wrong.

Where I felt the whole premise was tragically flawed is that the YouTube video you based it all off of, relied on a number of other TV Shows and Movies to make the cover of a Travel Brochure in a Simpson's episode seem like positive proof of something, that might have been purely coincidental and misunderstood by using those other shows.

It led do an automatic assumption on a lot of other member's part that really just started fuelling each other's wild speculations as they tried to turn everything in that episode into some hidden meaning based on wilder and wilder theories.

Fine, alright, sepculation, but at some point once it's known you are wrong, your theories are wrong, I don't understand why people (not limiting this to you) can't just say, wow, I was wrong.

Instead almost every potentially sinister event since that date up to now has some of the members who participated in that thread including some lurkers who just joined to weigh in on that thread, now saying well, maybe they really meant a volcanoe, maybe they really meant the weather, maybe they really meant a banking failure, maybe what we imagined was absolute was allegorical, maybe it's in 2011, maybe even though we didn't name a name, a group, or a precise place, they called off this attack just because we were talking about it.

Personally I think it would have been a respectable thread had it simply been titled something like "Do the elite use Hollywood to broadcast hidden messages to their minnions" or "Is life simply imitating art or is there something more to this" but you didn't do that you predicted a specific event happening at a specific time, and you married yourself to that, and rather than just admitting hey I was wrong, it seems like the people who invested the most time and effort into wanting to be right, for the sake of being right, now can't do that.

What is frustrating to someone like me, as I mentioned to a number of posters in the thread certain that their own scenarios and conclusions were right and anyone who disbelieved them was wrong, that we would all know in three days if the event did or did not happen.

Well it didn't happen and a number of those people still can't concede they were wrong!

That frankly is really bizarre, and other discussions are still being colored by people who want to make those things about making that prediction right, even though they are so far removed from the original discussion as to be absurd.

Because now it has moved all the way to the top, perhaps squashing much, much more interesting material.

The near hysteria caused by this false prediction is really colloring quality discussion on subsequent events.

I don't think that was your intention, I think you meant well, I think you wanted to do the right thing, but can you honestly say it's the right thing now, to not just say "Hey I was wrong" and maybe start to look at the other things that got overlooked in the thread as to why you were wrong, like how life does imitate art, or the THOUSANDS OF TV SHOWS THAT PREDICT SOME DISASTER THAT NEVER COME TRUE.

Can you appreciate that a lot of people who participated in that thread were generally scared, and still are, they are new or relatively new to the conspiracy world, they do feel particuarly vulnerable and trapped in to them what is a new reality and now they are more or less trapped in this new frightening reality.

That the flip side of not saying hey I was wrong and being honest about investigating why, is really just going to leave some people trapped in a world of desperate fear, where now everything potentially sinister becomes interconnected and so much more threatening and frightening to them?

We know the Powers that Be love to rule the people through fear, but do we need to maintain our own credibility through fear here on ATS too?

Which still won't make your absolute specific prediction right, and it still won't be you saying simply you were wrong.

There really is no shame in being wrong, there is though in not getting that you were.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am alarmed so many members really can't admit they were wrong on this, and seem to have an almost unhealthy obsession with still somehow, someway being right, even though it literally is impossible at this point.

We can joke, and take jabs at each other all day long, complain about this and complain about that, but the truth is there are a lot of frightened and confused people, out there right now living in a very unpleasant world as a result of the self fed hysteria of your thread, and you my friend, are in the best position of all of us to help them find their way back to a healthier and happier and wiser place.

You gained their trust, in most cases you still have it, do you really want to abuse it for all the wrong reasons?

Think about it, thanks.

By the way if you wanted the resonsibility of 'saving the world' shirking the responsibility that now places on you with those who believed in the rightousness of that cause, probably isn't fair.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Funny how this thread has gotten alot more support than Springer's somewhat ironic "get along ass

holes, or else..." thread.

Just an observation of a member generating content.
(eh~~get it "content"/"discontent"....??)
edit on 11/9/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: i stuttered lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It never occurred to me that Signals was the Author of the Simpson's thread.

Now what a shock that here you are now, bashing me for pointing out the obvious. Is it any real surprise that the ones on this thread, screaming the loudest were the same people who participated heavily in the Simpson's thread? I'd also like to ask you, why would you stay singularly focused on that one example I provided and ignore all the others examples provided? It can't be just because you authored that thread can it?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here is how ridiculous it has become...The whole November 6 2010 thing is just insane (and it wont be the last)....Pulling Garbage off of the simpsons to predict the end of the world? some doomsday nuclear explosion...Its just insane. People are becoming more messed up than they need to be, and they owe it all to websites like ATS!! hehe!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ps: I predict I'm going to go upstairs now to my kingsize bed and pull back my egyptian cotton blankets and climb in next to my hot tight ass girlfriend and get some nighty nighty head!

I'll let you know in the morning if my prediction came true!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Instead almost every potentially sinister event since that date up to now has some of the members who participated in that thread including some lurkers who just joined to weigh in on that thread, now saying well, maybe they really meant a volcanoe, maybe they really meant the weather, maybe they really meant a banking failure, maybe what we imagined was absolute was allegorical, maybe it's in 2011, maybe even though we didn't name a name, a group, or a precise place, they called off this attack just because we were talking about it.

Call me crazy but sacrificial rituals go back a very long time, at least millenia!

They were especially common in central and south america as evidenced by the mayans, aztecs and incas.

I don't think they they were praising god back then as they were all pagans, so who did they praise?

Just saying some things never change and although people don't talk about such things either because they don't know anything or they think its taboo, does not mean the rituals are dead. Since you are a long time member I will assume you already know who brought down the towers even if you can't specify the why part.

It could have been to keep the military-industrial complex alive by encouraging new wars and more government spending on anti-terror technology OR maybe.....you know....a satanic ritual? I doubt it was just to depopulate new york of a few thousand people, that is quite absurd on its own.

And what about the numerical anomolies associated with many(if not all) disasters...is that a coincidence too? 9,11, 33, 39, 66, 99 Someone once stated numerology is not terribly significant for millionares, but for billionares and trillionares it is because numbers(like math) represent/signify various events in our universe. Ok I am no tarrot card reader or anything BUT somethings, when you really search them are quite eye-opening to say the least.

I never laugh at bad predictions and for everyone's sake isn't it better when they fail? Who wants to be correct predicting a nuclear strike that could potentially kill millions within a given radius? Whats the reward for them...a simple thanks?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah, it seems that about anything thrown out here gets S&F´s, even if it´s not really worth it! but hey, what can we do against that? all kinds of people come here and watch all kinds of different threads! some of us will give credit only when we find it is deserved, while others will just credit anything they set eyes into, even if it´s the biggest absurdity out there. it´s just that everyone here will have different views on all the different subject and that can´t be changed, so i believe in your prediction that all those "overrated" threads will keep getting S%F´s

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
234 flags and 202 stars for the OP .

Not bad for a thread that asks people to stop starring and flagging useless threads ...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And still no comment from the ATS board members.....

Surely they have to take notice of this....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well it didn't happen and a number of those people still can't concede they were wrong!

I'll put myself in the way of that bullet.

Please explain something to me PT, why must i concede i was wrong?
What was i wrong about? Believing that a nuke would go off?
Did i believe that?
Or should i be apologising for considering it?
Double check my posts, i apologised twice in that same evening, where it was due, it's not an issue to admit i'm wrong.

But i will not apologise for having participated in the thread, or having flagged it, which is what many, including the op seem to be suggesting.

The only provable inaccuracy was the assumed date. The rest remains debatable.

I said it in this thread on page 3, this is nothing more than personal preference and the expectation of adherence by all and sundry to that preference. As i've repeatedly pointed out, it was a prediction in the predictions forum. This is a complain session that should be in "board business" or "rants". And nobody should be arrogant enough to pollute either one with their own personal prefences and opinions as to how this board is managed or used.

I'd also like to point out that the OP is being two faced, his predictions and threads are ok, but other's aren't?

The mods are doing a great job, ATS has well established set of rules and forums and features. I would be a fool to spoil this odd corner of the garden of edenet. Which is what the op is doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join