It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange pulse noises in florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is very odd.

They sound like sonic booms, you say?
I have heard about this happening elsewhere lately.

I live in upstate New York.
When I start hearing it up here, I will let you know.
Then, it will start to get scary.

There are not that many things, if any that can cause a sonic boom without an obvious source...

Hmm....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Tampa, Florida. Nothing unusual to report. I step out on my balcony and hear loud jets, but I assume its Dellta at the Airport close by just testing their engines. You think there is any way you can setup like a sensitive audio recording that can pick up all the ambient noise? If you can record it, we can probably isolate and filter with the right sound equipment and then give everyone a hear. How sensitive would the microphone have to be?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Starting to wonder if I need a seismic activity sensor or something of the like to first determine if I should be looking up or down. I'm willing to bet its coming from the sky. It's just so frequent that it can't be a series of jets. If it is, that's a lot of jet activity. It also started about a week ago and I never heard it before that.

I sound have access to sound spentitive microphone, sorry. It would probably need to be seonsiive to drown out the occasional cars passing by.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Are they audible enough to record? I live in Florida myself, close to Patrick Air Force Base. I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary. However, I have seen an increase in aerial traffic from the base lately. A lot of military helicopters, and C130's flying around. They just seem to be circling the area over the Indian River, and the Beach. They're probably just training, however I haven't seen this much activity in my 26 years living in the area. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I live in Hudson, between Clearwater and Weeki Wachi along the west coast, central Fl. I have not heard these noises, yet. I do hear it when the space shuttle re enters, but thats it so far. I too am a Dexter fan, I steamed in the first two seasons on Netflix, ordered the 3rd and 4th sent to my door, caught season 5 episode 1 on Showtime's website, and waiting for a co worker to bring me in the burned last 6 episodes. Can't wait.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A little over a year ago I witnessed a very, very high, and very, very fast aircraft travelling WNW from your area over Tallahassee. It produced a series of low pressure waves that weren't quite audible, and it also created many short "puffs" of contrail. I am certain that it was a Scramjet being tested. I never found anything to corroborate it, and pictures would have been worthless, you just had to watch and feel it in person to know the difference. I am a pilot, and I watch the sky a lot. I have also lived directly adjacent to military bases and bombing ranges for a long time. What I witnessed last year was entirely new and exciting!

I wonder if you are having a similar test in your area under cover of darkness? Maybe they didn't intend on the contrails that I witnessed, so now they are doing night testing?

Another possible explanation is quarry work. I used to live close enough to a quarry that sometimes we would get rumblings through the ground, drive the cats crazy, and cause us to turn on the news and/or radio, but never any explanation. Then one day a friend of mine happened to be delivering at the quarry and he called me to say they were blasting that day, and it became clear that we could feel those blasts through the ground over 20 miles away!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So today (saturday, 11/13/2010) at about 11:00 est a very high, very fast aircraft made the largest contrail I have ever seen. It left two distinctive thick tubes behind it that dwarfed the jet in size. At the same time there was the typical commercial air traffic leaving the typical contrails, but this one stood out drastically. Even my 4 year old said, "whoa, is that a rocket ship?" People at the parking in the same parking lot were stopping and a couple snapped photos with their cell phones. The jet was travelling SE over Tallahassee toward Orlando.

I was reminded of this thread, because when the contrails started to dissappear they formed distinctive periodic "puffs" or "pulses." One lady standing by me, in a 4x4 truck with deer hunting stickers said, "I wonder if that is one of those scramjets." I was floored! I was thinking the same thing, but I couldn't believe that it was such common knowledge that these things are already flying!

So, I am thinking that they are running test flights out of the OP area, and there are probably some sonic booms from a very high altitude. It could be the booms on takeoff, or landing, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Let me tell you this is NO joke

See this post here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've had to see a doctor since I heard the pulsing. I heard it two times separated by about 5 days. It did something to me that set off migraines. Not the normal type of migraine with head pain but auditory migraines. It ruined my ears to the point that I could hear all my household electronics buzzing in ways I have never heard them buzz before. The microwave and water cooler kicking on cause auditory migraine instantly and I had to lay down an entire day each time. No headache but I had the aura, nausea and sensitivity. I had to unplug everything to get some rest. I had the doctor check for vertigo and my ears. Nothing wrong with them I walked out with a prescrip for Imitrex for the next time it happens. So far it has been dissipating an I have not had another aura and I haven't heard the pulsing sound since a few weeks ago.

I know of one other person personally that has heard it and she lives in Ohio. I've seen many posts here from folks in UK that have heard it also. It's world wide. My theory is that not everyone can hear it. I don't know if were special, the ones who can hear it but it's definitely not pleasant. I wasted over 48 hours feeling like I had severe sea sickness. It was no fun and I hope I never hear it again. I don't know what kind of sign it is, it doesn't seem right.
edit on 16-11-2010 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I live on the space coast and hear high pitched hums or pulses outside somtimes.
Odd thing is sometime moving my head in / out of certain areas can cause it to stop / start

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I live in daytona and I can't tell whats making noise over the semis behind the house. My fridge makes strange noises but it's a piece of crap. I don't know what's up with that but about a month ago I was hearing signals in my head... but then i laid off the cannabinoids and can't hear them anymore. I did hear a weird loud beep day before yesterday though and felt it in my chest. I was alseep and it straight away woke me up. it was very close, like IN me. perhaps a dream. A few months back I heard a very strange signal and I swear it sounded like a radio signal being blasted for split second and then cut off immediately. it felt like something in my head exploded. perhaps my imagination. my imagination is getting a tad unruly if so.
i see small planes around here, that's about all. the other day I saw some jets.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Check for Pwave and Swave readings please,, it's a frequency sine wave,,,look for corresponding increase in said area,, or plate shift harmonics.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Check for Pwave and Swave readings please,, it's a frequency sine wave,,,look for corresponding increase in said area,, or plate shift harmonics.

what? Can you explain that or give a link.

If were talking about earthquakes I'm doomed as i only live about 30 miles south of the San Andreas in CA.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Your not Doomed,, just think of it as a type of "Yawn",, may go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Do you live near water? Could you be hearing the mating call of aligators which is loud low frequency sound?

When the shuttle launches, aligators make this sound in response, trying to outdo a rival.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Do you live near water? Could you be hearing the mating call of aligators which is loud low frequency sound?

When the shuttle launches, aligators make this sound in response, trying to outdo a rival.

Just a thought.

OP is in Florida but me, I'm in CA not close to any aligators, thank goodness.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

No I live in central FL, the noises originate from the South Eastern direction, but I'm absolutely no where near a large water body. I'm like literaly smack dab in the middle of FL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join