It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israel you thought you knew....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Did you know that..

Israel has the highest number of companies traded on Wall Street (after the U.S. and Canada).

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds, right behind the U.S.

Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.

On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech start-ups.

Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship - and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 - in the world.

Israel has a higher life expectancy, lower average infant mortality rate and almost double the amount of doctors per patient ratio than the U.S.

Israel has the largest fleet of aircraft outside of the U.S.

Israel is smaller than the state of New Hampshire.

Israel receives more media coverage, per capita and per square foot, than any other nation on earth.

Israeli stem-cell technology is being used in the U.S. to regenerate heart tissue.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was produced by Haim Saban, an Israeli whose family fled persecution in Egypt.

Source: www.birthrightisrael.com...

Did you know the following picture was taken in Israel? The city is called Tel Aviv.

The more you know...
edit on 8-11-2010 by Davidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm sure absolutely none of the tech enabling all those start-ups etc is stolen and all original ideas!

See, one thing to bear in mind is the traditional Israeli hooby of spying and technology theft, not to mention being at the forefront of questionable banking practicies.

Left to their own devices, without all the stolen technology, aid and preferential treatment, I seriously doubt they'd be so high on the list.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

Just goes to show what a country can do if they put their mind to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Kudos to Israel but it begs the question even more..
Why do they still put their hand out for aid from the US.
Doesn't make sense in anyones universe..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
im not saying everything Israel is great, but they cop alot of crap from the media. Yes they are aggressive and cause a lot of problems for themselves, but remember they are surrounded by Islamic states that think Jews are lesser people because they are jews, plus a lot of religious fanatic terrorists live in these surrounding states. Its cant be easy for the normal Israeli people.... anyway dont hate, you cant judge a whole population on a few ppl!!

peace

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
im not saying everything Israel is great, but they cop alot of crap from the media. Yes they are aggressive and cause a lot of problems for themselves, but remember they are surrounded by Islamic states that think Jews are lesser people because they are jews, plus a lot of religious fanatic terrorists live in these surrounding states. Its cant be easy for the normal Israeli people.... anyway dont hate, you cant judge a whole population on a few ppl!!

peace

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Did you know that average Israeli family eats an average Palestinian for dinner?

No, that's not true, I'm just kidding... (but it is close to truth).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sounds as those they can stand alone on their own two feet.

I hope to god when they start then next ME war.....

President Obama just hangs up the phone!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
BUT! did you know this about the zionists???

Its a fact, not a prediction, that israel will attack iran & draw america into it.

I'll take you back to what started me researching israel / iran.

the dancing israelis. i saw a video after seeing the following article recently of someone interveiwing the israelis. They said, 'they were there to document it' and went on to say americans needed to know what it was like for israelis to be terrorised.

the zionists have no respect for anyone but their own. they have recently said it is ok to kill men women & children if it will further their cause.

adamholland.blogspot.com...

what happened after 911?
america took on iraq, israels main concern to its existance at the time.

who is israels biggest threat to it existance now? iran
with all thats been going on lately i would say israel is about to do the deed.

we may see an zionist false flag to convince the american public, or we may just see israel just go for it guns blazing with america having no choice but to join in.

russia & china will most likely side with iran.

i'm sure ATS readers can imagine the rest, but the way i see it, iran will be attacked & all bloody hell will break loose.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

They were always a successful people. We always believed folx from Japan were the technology kings, and we accepted that. We Americans are/where known for freedom and independance. GOD has blessed his people from the start, The Bible tells that they were financial stable people from the start. But they also had laws that made ownership relenquish after 7 years, and they still succeeded. I hate to bring religion into this, but it is what it is. I dont understand why people fight this constantly. Doesnt one country have a right to exist without being attacked often?

Imagine living in the hood. You own your own home. Everything you have is there. Suddenly a drive by come along and mows your house with bullets... Be that person in those shoes when that happens to him, his home, his family.

Everyone looks at the past, but they only look so far back to justify their own argument, but there is so much more. In the end, the past only matters to learn from. Whats here is and now is what these people are going through, fortunes or not. We always seem to pick on people with more money, but political peoples dont count. Those guys.... Grrrrrrrr

For every bad example of Isreal, I can name 1 from any other country and state at any given time in history. (should there be enough resources).

I'm happy these guys are that blessed. They help the rest of the world thrive just as well. Too many people cant forgive and forget. They rather war and subjigation than peace and a right to exist as a nation. Something the arabs have in many countries.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Sounds as those they can stand alone on their own two feet.

I hope to god when they start then next ME war.....

President Obama just hangs up the phone!

whats your basis for that opinion/theory? Any facts?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Did you know:

That in a race to the top somebody has to be second?

Hmmm, I wonder why this thread was created? I mean, second place is usually not news to anyone. What if it were Russia that was second? Or China? It would be "huh? what?" But since it's the favorite whipping boy of ATS, Israel, it gets attention. If Israel weren't populated by Jews, this thread wouldn't exist.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Because it's an elaborate scam/kickback scheme. Israel is in bed with the U.S. Defense contractors who are in bed with the U.S. Government who are in bed with the Israeli government and works a little something like this:

Israel cries like chicken little and asks the US for an aid package. The package will consist of weapons and defense-related tech in order to "preserve peace in the region". Since Israel will use the money given to them by us to purchase this stuff from us, the people in Washington that approve these packages know that the same defense contractors that feed them their campaign funds are the ones who will get paid.

Still with me?
I'll try to break it down a different way:

Here's a constant in this equation. Washington slime (er, lawmakers) are dependent on outside funding for their campaigns. Defense-related companies contribute a very large % of this

What do defense contractors do? They make weapons and technology
What does Israel need money for? Weapons and technology
Who does Israel buy it from? US defense contractors
What do US defense contractors do with that money? Fund Washington slime.

It's 1 big, circular kickback scheme.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

AIPAC has an obscene influence on our government. Couple that with all of the dual citizenship Israeli/US appointments in the federal government, and we have a REAL problem.

Yes, the Israelis want war in the middle east, that should not be a surprise to anyone.

original.antiwar.com...

Yes, we give them vast sums of money, and I bet neither of us was asked if we wanted to give it.

www.ifamericansknew.org...

Obama is in the pocket of Israel, no surprise. With the vast amounts of our tax money we give them, they can afford to buy our government with OUR money. Yes, those Israelis ARE brilliant, it is a shame they really only care about themselves, ultimately.

www.maskofzion.com...

I am speaking of the hard core Israelis that are currently running things in Israel. By no means do I think they are ALL conniving, evil b*tards. They have a perverse influence on the U.S.A. government, that needs to stop.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I guess this must be why Israel is the top recipient of US foreign aid - and why they have received $114 billion donations from the US (conservative estimate, according to the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - wrmea.org... illion.html

It's obvious that they really, really need the US taxpayers to keep pouring obscene amounts of money into their coffers.

edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

It does in mine.
As this thread seems to show,
they actually do something with the money.
Unlike many aid recipients both foreign and domestic
who seem to squander it, or just support their life style choices.

David Grouchy

top topics

join