It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the worst conspiracy ever! affordable chocolate could run out in 20 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
how will I survive this???????

CHOCOLATE could be rare and expensive "like caviar" as farmers abandon their cocoa crops, a newspaper report says.

The UK's Independent reports cocoa farming may not be able to keep up with our love of chocolate as industry experts predict farmers in West Africa will give up their cocoa crops

Read more: www.news.com.au...

I just gotta start stockpiling chocolate emergency rations!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 8/11/10 by megabyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What are we going to do?!?!?!?!?! This has me genuinely concerned. Oh how I cherish my weekly block of chocolate; fair trade of course
. There will be rioting!!!
edit on 8-11-2010 by leprapom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Time to get Carob Biiiaaaaaaaatches!!! Oo

Now all I ask is that someone make it their life long goal to find me, and kill me painfully, for even thinking - then posting - the grammatical atrocity I have above.

(I like carob tho, so.. oO)

edit on 8/11/2010 by badw0lf because: furballs

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leprapom

chocoholics will riot

chocolote is addictive you know

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I read about this conspiracy earlier this year from the Google news round up page.

There is some truth to it based on current trends.

But farmers will come back to cocoa when the price gets right again.

What we should be looking at, in my opinion, is stopping large corporations like Tesco and Walmart run the price they pay for the goods up until the competition is all gone and then crash the price they'll pay right down so the farmer becomes dependent on the meager amount offered for his crop.

That and changing a food crop to a flower crop and then doing the same with the price - the people can't eat flowers (Well, not as well as they can crop).

Of course we'll need to get all the shareholders together and make them ethical and that ai't gonna work.

Anyway. S+F OP for a nice nod towards the madness that is globalisation.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just read this myself, once I got home! Shocking

But remember this article it has been discussed earlier but, hmmm he will be set mate!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
As a women, I can honestly say I'll have great pity for all the men in this world when this happens.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

haha - yes

look out men when the women cannot get their chocolate!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is horrible news. I will defend my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of chocolate with my dying breath!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Chocolate makes too much money for them to stop producing it on mass.

Failed conspiracy.

I will eat chocolate till i die, period.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I hope chocolate stays affordable. It is awsome.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
anyone with the right mind, and some money to make it happen, would immediately take control of the situation ( and the profits ) if somehow there were not enough cocoa farmers to supply for the demanding chocolate consumers

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You have got to be joking!
All this talk of the end of the world.
And now THIS No more Chocolate!!
please let the world end first.
I dont smoke, drink or do drugs.
I just do chocolate.
Lots and lots of Chocolate.

I know I will start my own coco farm.
Um? how do you grow coco?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Chocolate is an essential nutrient, just ask any woman.

It's good for men too. It stops their wives going crazy with PMS.

There are good reasons why chocolates are a traditional love-gift for women. It's the human adaptation of the male spider bringing a female a large insect, so she won't bite his head off during their evening together.

When shops can no longer supply it, the government must make sure it's available, heavily subsidised, on prescription, at a dosage if one kilo (2.2 lb) per month, taken in a single dose. However if was up to the government, all chocolate would taste like Hersheys.

edit on 8/11/10 by Kailassa because: keebord dont spel rite

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I will eat chocolate till i die, period.

You're obviously a male.

Otherwise you'd be saying, "I will eat chocolate till I period, die."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Unless it is made in the USA (local is better still, I avoid buying it as it is usually stale or just tastes 'off' ergo I don't eat much chocolate anymore. They can push free trade buy that doesn't mean you have to buy it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
affordable chocolate could run out in 20 years

Not possible! Oh, what the world would be like, if true... shudders...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
...no worries... i have a giant freezer in the garage thats basically empty... i'll rush out tomorrow and buy all my fav chocolate goodies and fill that sucker to the brim... at least then, i can justify keeping it plugged in...

...wait - thats the conspiracy, aint it?... make me spend extra money... jeez, what will those advertising execs come up with next?... i swear, someone needs to slap their daddies... tsk, tsk, tsk!...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
As a women [sic.], I can honestly say I'll have great pity for all the men in this world when this happens.

Best quote ever, in the best conspiracy thread ever.

As a husband, I understand the value of a well timed bar of chocolate. Ten years into my marriage I can honestly say that this tiny purchase can be the difference between happiness and insanity.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There will be blood on the streets if there's no chocolate,..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join