It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Missouri Town Block Protesters From Picketing Soldier's Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Feel Good Story

!!!!

Fred Phelps Foiled

Members of a small Missouri town banded together Saturday to block a controversial pastor and members of his Westboro Baptist Church from protesting the funeral of a fallen U.S. soldier, Fox4kc.com reports.

Hundreds of residents in Weston, Mo. -- as well as people as far away as California and Australia -- rallied in support of Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell, who died from injuries suffered during a surprise attack in Afghanistan.

The residents sought to block Fred Phelps, leader of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., and his followers from picketing Sadell’s funeral, according to the station.

Phelps' church has been the subject of intense criticism for holding more than 44,000 pickets at funerals and other events – including the services of fallen service members.

Fox News

OUTSTANDING!!!

While litigation has been tried, this is the way to do it folks... We shut him up and stop his perverse caterwauling, by banding together and ensuring our RIGHT to mourn our brothers and sisters in arms is not disrupted by this sick individual.

Semper

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

More power to the people..

Leave politics out of things like funerals.
These guys/gals should go picket the WH if they have any problems with the Government.
S&F

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Are there some details missing from the story? It seems like they must be leaving something out. I find it hard to believe that this family of lunatic lawyers who make a living inciting activity they can sue against and refuse to take no for an answer just gave up because the parking lot was full. I am thrilled to hear that people got together to do this and all but I want to know the details. Just from what I know of the WBBC clan, they are not the type of folks who pack it in just because a parking lot is full.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I don't think it was just because the parking lot was full. It was the fact that every corner and edge of the street was occupied by the crowd who came to assure there was no disruption to the memorial. They brought themselves, flags, music and motors to obstruct the line of sight and sound of those who would have disrupted the activity. This was truly a group of like minded people who just weren't going to have it in their town. Good for them!!!

new topics

top topics

join