It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valedictorian speaks out against modern schooling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
President Obama took the 2014 Food Stamp Funds as collateral to get a loan for Billions....which he used to pay Unionized Teachers and Police.

Our public education system is an employment agency, not for teaching kids.

I had a high school history teacher I thought was a good guy. When I was disabled retired from the military and came home looking for a home for my 2 kids and wife I stumbled across a home this newly retired History teacher was selling. It was an old 1800's farm house he got for almost nothing in the 1960's. The wind blew straight thru it and it was about to fall down. He wanted $190,000 for it.

He had a mansion behind that house he just had built. $1.3 million dollars. He's living like a King on his retirement and from what he pilfered from the community over the years.

I wanted nothing to do with him and he taught me one of the biggest lessons I've learned about our public education system. We've been robbed.

I left the United States. Lucky for me I married someone from a foreign country and fate didn't allow me to buy one of those overprices homes to get enslaved to. Which I never would have been able to pay for because I'm DISABLED.

There are 130,000 Americans that were Disabled Retired from our military and they are NOT paid. Only those who made it to 20 years can get their Disability Retirement AND VA disability.

I was one of the 130,000 that got hosed. I now wish I had became a teacher....and didn't waste my time serving in this countries military. It's a fate I must deal with every single day I'm still in pain and unable to do anything even though I'm on morphine now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Seeing all the other comments on here and the video really justifies why I wanted to become a teacher in the first place. Although I'm not in the US (I'm Aussie), I really believe and for a long time that kids these days need to be stimulated. I'm only 16 but hey, I can dream right?

P.S. Sorry for posting on a "seemingly" dead thread, I just had to voice my opinion.

<< 1  2   >>

join