It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Observer: Greys and their Magic Eyes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

But it is Kerner’s view that the Greys are a mechanical messiah. They don’t have empathy. They don’t have soul. They are semi-organic robotic entities programmed with a goal to perpetuate themselves at all costs, struggling against physical decay through entropy.

That's nonsense. We don't know for sure if the Greys are mechanical. But assuming those things are true let me say:

1) There is no proof of you having a "soul."
2) There is no proof that advanced robots or androids can't have souls.
3) There is no proof that advanced robots or androids can't have empathy.
4) Consciousness is still debated. There is no proof that we are "more conscious" than a "grey" or any hypothetical android built by a Type 2 or greater civilization.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I am trying to get my dead mother to go over there and visit you to prove she has a soul.
She is a stubborn beach and always has been.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very well written

A machine being would also allow almost immortality as well. If this was the case, what would be a hundred or a thousand years travel in a space ship between stars to such a creation? Almost instantaneous. It could shut down, or download itself into another computer to perform other tasks. Or the main computer could control them like drones

You have a star from me!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I am trying to get my dead mother to go over there and visit you to prove she has a soul.
She is a stubborn beach and always has been.

NDE's, Reincarnation, and souls are all 'possible' using a system of hierarchy.... hypothetical example:

Type 5?!?
Type 4 creatures - God
Type 3 creatures - galactic leads
Type 2 creatures - civilizations no longer needing a planet to survive
Type 1 creatures - Perhaps us in 100 years, ditching superstition in favor of knowledge
Type 0 creatures - with expanded consciousness & ability to make tools, guess future events
Creatures with basic consciousnesss including: dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, birds, elephants, tigers, etc

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Thanks! Yea, I haven't put any thought into how they travel, mostly because I've never found a theory of what they travel through (space, time, dimensions,etc) that I think is superior to the others. They may be robots, they may be some kind of biological being heavily augmented with technology, either way, I feel they'd have to be one of the two. Since their craft are most likely highly advanced technology that allows them to travel vast distances, through time, etc, I think its safe to assume that they've mastered technology in other ways to allow long lives/to be autonomous AI. Which one it is

What if they are machines though, and the hybrid stories are correct. Now THAT is just awesome

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

almost forgot. if they were machines, 1. they probably wouldn't have to 'shut down' as long as their shelf life was long enough. They wouldn't get bored/go crazy on the long trip. and 2. whether or not they shut down, they probably have the technology (if they're traveling long distances through space) to absorb resources along the way and continue to advance and enhance their intelligence while they traveled. They might have started the trip as an empty ship piloted by a super brain and ended up with one full of godlike occupants.
edit on 9-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
From what I saw, they do have hard to see irises that contract like ours in bright light.
From what I can remember they have some kind of control over brainwaves... not sure if it's natural ability or scientific understanding. Example, Pretty sure they can wake you up and put you to sleep.

What I believe is that they do indeed have souls and are highly spiritually evolved but I'm basing that on my own beliefs from dreams and impressions as opposed to seeing first hand what I would count as evidence of that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

I've been thinking long and hard about your point that the humanoid form is inefficient and no ultra-intelligent being would choose it.

I have two big answers (one original, one sparked by another thread). And one throw away thought.

First, if they are biological beings who have modified themselves, then perhaps they have kept their original morphology for the most part, because of some type of attachment to it. I doubt no matter how advanced humans get that we will abandon the human morphology.

Second, if these are AI bots, they may be built to do the work of a bipedal race, use the bipedal race's technology and ships, etc.

Third, they may be able to change their shape and are appearing like humanoids to be more appealing to us.
edit on 22-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join