It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Stanley financial adviser escapes felony charges for hit-and-run 'because it could jeopardis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by buddhasystem
If they perp looses his (lucrative) job, the victim won't get much in way of compensation.

Damage has been done, now wouldn't it be helpful for the poor guy with all these injuries
to have access to serious cash, just to keep going and make the best of the situation?

Well, the reasoning from the DA's office makes sense. The problem is that if I did something like this, I would be put into jail and STILL have the fine levied. I would NOT be given the chance to work my "lucrative" job to pay for the guy's medical expenses because I simply do not make enough.

Define "lucrative". Private wealth management, apparently, pays a lot. I worked for Morgan Stanley some time ago.

I know the whole situation is a huge foobar, but at least the poor soul gets $$$. Better than bankrupting the perpetrator and getting token compensation on a minimum-wage level, as is typically the case.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I know the whole situation is a huge foobar, but at least the poor soul gets $$$. Better than bankrupting the perpetrator and getting token compensation on a minimum-wage level, as is typically the case.

The victim even says money isn't the issue, it's justice for the suffering he's endured, and especially the spinal problems. The victim should receive both money compensation and peace of mind knowing the banker is treated equally like anyone else would be.

A billionaire wouldn't be bankrupt paying compensation if he lost his job anyway, and he should have been in prison already before he ran over somebody.

Financial blackmail works on the scale of the whole country and govt. so it's not surpising the same criminals can do the same on this level as well, but that doesn't make any of it right.

And last of all, doctors are infinitely more important than any investment banker, and they actually help people rather than destroy people's lives entirely - whether it be crashing his expensive car paid for with his bonus which is partially funded by taxpayers anyway, or contributing towards the bigger financial mess in the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm worried that this guy's performance could go down because of this publicity, quick someone get that guy a bonus. But seriously, I bet Ted Kennedy's aid wished she only got hit by a car. People rioted in Oakland because of an unarmed black man being shot by a white cop, but if this happened they wouldn't care, well unless the doctor was black. It's funny, these people are supposed to be very important and very good at their jobs, but they still fall for all of the financial schemes and they continue to help destroy our economy. I say we could do better with no one in that role. It's kind of like the President, they're all so corrupted that you eventually get around to thinkin...would it just be better not to have one?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Technically, it's worse than just felony hit & run.. he tampered with and/or tried to destroy evidence by getting caught "placing a broken side mirror and a damaged bumper in his trunk"..

This dude is one of "them", not one of "us".. in his mind he ran over a dog.. any one of us would be sharing a cell with some sexually frustrated sociopath named "Bubba". Remember, under the GOP & DNC leadership & virtue.. we are a nation of laws, not men.. lmao!!

"According to court records, Mr. Erzinger did not stop after the accident, but drove several miles to a nearby town and called a roadside assistance service to request a tow for his Mercedes. He did not call law enforcement, the records say. When the local police arrested Mr. Erzinger, he was placing a broken side mirror and a damaged bumper in his trunk, the records add." link

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is diabolical, but unfortunately unsurprising. What I do find shocking is that any ATS member would even attempt to defend this position. Shame on you. Justice is not being served.

The restitution argument holds no water. If this guy is a high flyer you can be sure he would already have the ability to pay. I support asset seizure including any pension funds.

Watch as this flies totally beneath US msm radar. What I don't understand is how this can actually happen. How crooked is the system that allows this to stand?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's just occurred to me but isn't the banksters car insurers liable for damages. In the UK you'd have cause to sue his insurers and you'd get help with up front legal expenses from 'legal aid', or if you'd ticked the right box on your home insurance you'd get free legal cover to bring a case anyway.

The prosecution has no right to make this a monetary issue. He committed a serious crime. Send him down, sieze his assets, garnishee future wages and let the victim sue the insurers in civil court. As the victim is a surgeon on good money I reckon a couple of hundred mill should do the job.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
this is just so wrong

I wouldn't trade 1 doctor for 10 Wall Street bankers.

Did you ever meet one of those crooks on Wall Street? How about 1000 of them for a pile of Horse Dung.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

Morgan Stanley financial adviser escapes felony charges for hit-and-run 'because it could jeopardise his job'

www.dailymail.co.uk

A financial manager for wealthy clients will not face charges for a hit-and-run because it could jeopardise his job, it has been revealed.

But now he will simply face two misdemeanour traffic charges from the July 3 incident in Eagle, Colorado....

Ain't America grand !

We have the finest justice money can buy.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In the past they would have tried a bit harder to hide something like this from the public.. Now they do not care anymore. This would lead me to believe that the people in the various positions of power think they have succeeded in locking down the general populace.
reply to post by rogerstigers

Still, this is the first time I have heard about this case and it was written in a British news journal. Why wasn't it broadcasted across the country? Thanks to ATS we hear about it. So the news media in the US has kept this story in the dark. The fact that a hot item like this was kept on the down low means it was deliberate IMO, - and since when is a financial manager such an important position that they get diplomatic immunity? Was he tested for alcohol in his blood? Folks, this reminds me of when Cheney shot his hunting buddy in the face - remember that? Nothing happened, even though he admitted he had been drinking. And it was a fellow republican he shot!!! The victim was intimidated into not pressing charges, for sure, IMO again, So the rich here do have and always have had privileges not shared with the rest of us hoi polloi.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
This is diabolical, but unfortunately unsurprising. What I do find shocking is that any ATS member would even attempt to defend this position. Shame on you. Justice is not being served.

You can shame me all you want, if this makes it easier for you to flatten the complex world we live in into 1D more suitable for your consumption. I, too, want justice to be served, but look into this MSM article:

abcnews.go.com...

The victim had wanted Erzinger to plead to felony as part of deferred judgement. In such cases after two to four years the felonies could drop from his record if he met certain conditions. The prosecutor said there were no drugs or alcohol involved and Erzinger had no criminal record.

"He [Erzinger] could say in two to four years that nothing happened, which I could not stomach. So we decided to have two misdemeanors. We talked to Dr. Milo and he did object. We did take his thoughts into account but we thought misdemeanors would be better," Hurlbert said.

Erzinger, 52, now faces two misdemeanor traffic charges for leaving the scene of an accident and causing serious bodily injury.

"For the rest of his life, Mr. Erzinger will have on his record that he drove carelessly and caused serious bodily injury to another human being," said Hurlbert. "He may face potential jail time, which is up to a judge. And he'll lose his driver's license and pay restitution."

See, it's more complex than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What a crock. So it jeopardizes his job, that's the chance HE took when he committed this criminal act.

Time that criminals were treated like the criminals they are.

This guy should be sent away.

So this ruling gives me the precedent to commit just about any criminal act, and because incarceration will affect my employment, I can get away with it?

I hope the prosecutors appeal this decision.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Eagle, Colorado the same City/County that let Kobe Bryant off the hook for sexual assault (rape). What in the world is going on over there??

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here's a more trustworthy source.
abcnews.go.com...

DA Mark Hurlbert also dismissed rape charges against Kobe Bryant. I'm getting the impression that we have a massively corrupt prosecutor on our hands

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Thanks for that...

but please don't project your difficulty in grasping the issue on to me. There is nothing in your post that was unexpected or that sheds any new light on the matter. An averagely intelligent person can surmise what you've typed without the need to post it as well. I'm sorry it's a complex issue for you but to most of us it's a simple one.

Justice should be done and in this instance my opinion of whether justice has been done or not relies heavily on whether the victim thinks it has. I also think that the criminal would prefer a black mark than a prison sentence and that alone is enough to tell me there has been no justice in this case.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer

Still, this is the first time I have heard about this case and it was written in a British news journal. Why wasn't it broadcasted across the country? Thanks to ATS we hear about it.

Actually I heard about it on commuteorlando.com. It is a website community of regular bicycle riders who have adopted this lifestyle instead of driving cars. Take a look at the website and you will see all the hassle that the riders encounter, both from vehicle drivers and law enforcement. I think they have a petition going over there in response to this outrage. Also they are watching updates on this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join