It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Stanley financial adviser escapes felony charges for hit-and-run 'because it could jeopardis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Morgan Stanley financial adviser escapes felony charges for hit-and-run 'because it could jeopardise his job'

www.dailymail.co.uk

A financial manager for wealthy clients will not face charges for a hit-and-run because it could jeopardise his job, it has been revealed.

Martin Joel Erzinger, 52, was set to face felony charges for running over a doctor who he hit from behind in his 2010 Mercedes Benz, and then speeding off.

But now he will simply face two misdemeanour traffic charges from the July 3 incident in Eagle, Colorado.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/exn ews](visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
When will we stand up and say enough is enough?

Are these people really untouchable? Stories like this get my blood going big time. It's really hard not to just want to revert to recent history and 'Wild West' it up.

We need unilateral justice again in this country. Charge them according to their crimes, or find someone who will.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
One rule for the rich, one for the poor.

It is, always has and always will be thus.

I say bring back vigilante style justice.

All the best ATS, bring on the revolution!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
that's bs, hit and run, cannot denie it, for any reason.

it doesn't matter about his job.

ya think they gave me a break when i ran over a a homeless town in west virginia?

eagle co. is a place i know.

they will convict and he will still have to pay restitution.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this is just so wrong

I wouldn't trade 1 doctor for 10 Wall Street bankers.

Would that excuse had worked if it had been
a doctor who hit a Wall Street banker???

"If you guys hang this on me,
I'll never be able to do another breast implant
in this town ever again !!!!"

see how ridiculous that sounds !!!
edit on 11/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Combine this with the revelation that Jim Demint had just met with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan about re-visiting the regulations pertaining to their banks, something about them complaining about the current rules force them to "game the system" - so let's just let the banks re-write those rules, eh?

Terrorists aren't going to destroy this country - it will be the banks. These guys need to pay for their crimes.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

That's what I meant by "'Wild West' it up."

Seriously, I don't think advocating that is the answer, but... if I were to see something... I wouldn't say I did... if you catch my drift.

Honestly, I don't know how to purpose we fix this system anymore. It's become apparent that it's too messed up to even be worth the effort to fix. Morality has been replaced with living by legality. Meaning if there's a loophole, then it's their duty to find it and exploit it. Then they turn around and complain to us that if we don't like it, we need to fix the loop hole. The only loop hole I think they should be able to exploit comes in 2 standard calibers.

There should be an "expectation to fraud" clause put into federal law that deals with unforeseeable loop holes. Kind of a common sense legislation that states that all parties should have a certain expectation to use common sense. It would take care of the financial sector fraud problems we have and also deal with judges and states attorneys like this.
edit on 8-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Terrorists aren't going to destroy this country - it will be the banks.
These guys need to pay for their crimes.

ain't that the truth !!!!

and they call us the terrorist just
to make us shut up !!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

What they are basically saying is he will pay for his crimes..
But he has money to pay instead of time like the rest of us sheeple.

'Felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession, and that entered into it,' he said.

'When you're talking about restitution,

So if you are rich you can BUY your way out of jail..

Funny thing is the victim didn't care about the money. He wanted "honest to god justice"

Dr Milo told Hurlbert that the case 'has always been about responsibility, not money'.

So who are our legal system REALLY working for?
Not that hard to figure out..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I realize that. But how is a multi millionaire not going to be able to pay reparations if he loses his job? I'm sure he can go to jail and one of his summer homes be auctioned off to cover the civil suit.

Felony hit and run isn't some minor boo boo. There is intent and malice there against his fellow man. That would be like allowing a murderer to pay his way out of jail. In fact, his actions could have cost this doctor his life.

I have no problem with the man losing his job, having his assets sold at auction to pay for civil liabilities (doctor should be awarded maximum allowed), then letting him out in 10 years and seeing if any bank will hire him with a felony on his record.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
They think nothing of incarcerating us "working poor" then demanding bail amounts that cost more than we make in a year sometimes thereby costing us our places to live our cars and every PHYSICAL posession we have. Then in this weak economy if you have a conviction for ANYTHING it can prevent you from securing employment ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN.

Now where does this CONSIDERATION come in for those of use that even a DAY or TWO in jail over a misunderstanding or a charge that is LATER DROPPED can still cost us our ENTIRE financial well beling our place to live our transportation our jobs our family's and leave us DEEP in debt with black marks on our credit that can keep us from even SECURING a place to live even after we REBUILD OUR IRREPARABLY SHATTERED LIVES!!

That's why I now refer to it as THE JUST US SYSTEM!!! there is no JUSTICE only a PHALANX defense of the current paradigm and a SYSTEMIC effort to keep those that aren't already on top from EVER GETTING AHEAD!.

when stuff is this broken how do we even DREAM of fixing anything?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

when stuff is this broken how do we even DREAM of fixing anything?

You don't

You revolt or you die

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Im with you man. I here every word you are saying.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

It doesn't have to be that drastic though. Something more simple. Such as saying this, this, and this doesn't apply to me anymore, oh yeah, and it doesn't apply to these 290 some odd million people standing behind me either.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I feel I should say something...

But Why?

What was the date we stopped standing up for ourselves, our family, our neighbors and our way of life?

I am so ashamed of myself - as this is just one small example of my cowardice inaction and selfishness overcoming my desire to do what is right for my neighbors, my nation and my species.

Maybe the so-called November 2010 "Tipping Point" is actually something very positive. Like stories such as this finally getting us all to that Tipping Point of Not Going To Take It Anymore and finally standing up for what is good and right.

God Save Us All, As It Seems Obvious That We Are Incapable Of Doing It Ourselves.

My Thoughts & Prayers Go Out To Dr Steven Milo, In Hopes He Finds Relief From His Pain, Both Physically And Emotionally!!!

t

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yes nothing but IF WE REVOLT WE DIE

I guess it really comes down to how far each of us is going to be pushed before we say no more.

Which because of their masterfulness divisiveness ploys puts us in a nasty DIVIDED we fall scenario where they can wipe out any of the penny packets of resistance that flare up at a given time.

And never forget all we did in the first revolution was keep from being destroyed completely militarily until we secured backing from a FOREIGN POWER.

And that was before ERA pain rays and AIR STRIKES ... Not to mention TIA ECHELON and CARINIVORE

We're in some trouble guys. that's all I'm saying, Especially since it looks like our most strident potential defenders (aka the ground combat arms of our military forces) are about to be left to die in a series of DUNKIRK style events where no EVAC option is forthcoming. Thus allowing our government to raise a new force more amenable to their agendas and etc and to justify even heavier burdens on the public to REARM these new corporate aligned forces against our "new and old but rearmed with our forces supplies enemies"

I just find it interesting how a VAST MAJORITY of our war stocks are now positioned very conveniently for a buffet table style shopping expedition by some of our most stridently hostile foes in the event that the relatively light forces sitting on them were to be cut off from support from afar. the jackals would be on them and we'd be facing our own equipment in theatres around the world at extraordinary cheap cost to said hostile groups to access at will.

At best we would watch hundreds of BILLIONS and DECADES worth of serialized production volumes go up in MASSIVE fireballs as the defending light infantry blew the stores in place...

That would take care of the ammo and cruise missiles but they'd still get the rest of the hardware.

Gee and there goes our rebellion overnight no matter how you look at it. the threat from without would be TOO GREAT to rationalize the continued infighting . And even if the fight DID continue it is not super likely we could secure the needed outside support.

And that folks I BELIEVE is their ultimate last ditch plan... Things are so frightening at this juncture it's just \hard to come up with a right answer or even a wrong one that lets you wake up in the morning still living indoors and financially solvent while still being able to look at yourself in the mirror these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Are these people really untouchable?

We will find out.
Likely there will be a lawsuit and a civil court judgement over this death.

We will see how much the judge awards the family of this doctor.

If its a fair judge he will take in account the reasons the guy was not tried for a feleny and throw the book at him where it will really hurt.
He may be spending many years paying the award in the civil case.

CX

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
To be fair, its not just the rich that gets favoured by this.....a persons job can make a difference no matter how much money you have.

I've seen plenty of soldiers escape harsher sentences as it would hinder their work in the forces. Driving bans are good examples, many get away with a slap on the wrist because to ban them would prevent them driving for their job.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join