It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please suggest some good comedy films

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
40 Year-Old Virgin

Meet The Parents

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon

Originally posted by missvicky
reply to post by flymetothemoon

I forgot about Planes Trains and Automobiles! Oh and speaking of Steve martin: the Honeymooners and House Sitter???LOL! Oh! Oh! And you have to remember Dirty Rotten Scoundrels!!!!!TEEE HEEE LOLOLOL!!!! OMG Ruprickt is a scream!!

oh and to add to my list : I think it's called The Matador with Pierce Brosnin of all possible leading men. You haven't lived till you've seen Mr Suave saunter through a hotel lobby wearing nothing but his panties and cowboyboots clutching a bottle of booze and smoking a cigar.

They are "new" to me. Thanks ! They sure must be worth checking out. If you mean Pierce "Bond". That must be a "must see"

I need to add these John Candy films. It's really sad, he's not anymore...
-Armed and dangeros
-Who's Harry Crumb ?
-Only the lonely

Yes Prime Minister, is also a "classic". (BBC comedy)

Yep Pierce "Bond" Brosnin.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I gotta add The whole Nine Yards with Bruce Willis...I forget the name of the co-star but when he bounces off the ginormous mobster....OMG laugh out loud funny!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Surrealism in comedy is a really British thing as far as I'm aware, starting with people like Spike Milligan then Monty Python and a host of other things since then

If you think the Mighty Boosh is stupid you should check this out!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Johnny English ,this is really humourous,i have watched for many many times...It can make you have a good mood.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Omg you have got to see Soriety Boys. I almost bust a gut everytime I see it! Its stupid, silly and slap stick but one of my fave pick me up movies.

Also:

Ice Age
Ice Age the meltdown
Ice Age dawn of the dinosaurs ( I have two year olds what did you expect?!!)

I also love the Spagetti westerns

They call me Trinity
Trinity is still my name
Support your local Sheriff
Support your local Gunfighter

And finally:

Real Genius
The computer wore tennis shoes
Weird Science

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
...Harold & Maude... its old and has a bit of a dark thead but VERY funny and sweet...
...soundtrack is cat stevens...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Shaun of the dead

My all time favourite! this ZomCom (zombie comedy) will have you in stitches!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I love Shaun of the Dead too.

I saw "Get him to the Greek" last night which I had avoided because I find Russell Brand quite annoying but it was actually really good

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hmmm i've also been putting that off but i might just watch that now, thanks, lol

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't know about the movie myself but I was upstairs when I could hear my husband laughing is butt off watching 'Due Date' starring Robert Downey Jr.

The last funny movie I remember watching was Hot Tub Time Machine.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I like theres something about mary
knocked up is funny too

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...Harold & Maude... its old and has a bit of a dark thead but VERY funny and sweet...
...soundtrack is cat stevens...

LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Oh....and if you like slapstick AND funny script.....may I suggest the old Marx Brothers movies???
IMHO wayyyyyyyyy better than the 3 stooges. Really funny stuff. And if you're also a history buff go to the
library and check out their autobigraphies after you see the movies. Those guys were geniuses. would
love to see their horoscopes but that is another thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The Big Lebowski
Little Miss Sunshine
In Bruges
Happy Gilmore
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Superbad
Role Models
Step Brothers
40 Year Old Virgin
Borat
There's Something about Mary
Office Space
Clerks
Mallrats
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

Spinal Tap
Monty Python (Brian and Grail)
Airplane (RIP Leslie Nielsen)
Annie Hall
Blues Brothers
The Naked Gun
Raising Arizona
Wayne's World
Groundhog Day
Planes Trains and Automobiles
Blazing Saddles

Plus loads I can't think of right now
edit on 29/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Spinal tap is one of my all time favourite films.

Have you ever seen this little snippet about Liam Gallagher (Oasis) believing that it was an actual documentary

LIAM GALLAGHER walked out on a New York performance by the stars of 1980s spoof movie THIS IS SPINAL TAP, after discovering they aren't a real band.

link

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

LOL.

Poor Liam.... It's not actually that surprising mate.... but it is pretty funny.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Borat??? This movie is on people's funny list?? Frankly the reason I watched it is because my daughter is close friends with a gal from Bosnia. It was that freind's insight into that culture that made it funny for my daughter. When me and my husband watched it, we thought it was stupid. Yeah i got the politics, no I didn't find it funny.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Borat??? This movie is on people's funny list??

Yes it is... and probably because It's absolutely hilarious.
Comedy genius.

Not for everyone though, obviously.

Frankly the reason I watched it is because my daughter is close friends with a gal from Bosnia. It was that freind's insight into that culture that made it funny for my daughter

Yeah I see what you mean.... I live in England and have a great cultural understanding of Russia... I mean with us being Neighbours and all....

:shk:

You do realise that Borat is a Character played by a comedian right?

And pretty much the only culture we get an insight into, throughout the entire movie.... is the American one.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Borat??? This movie is on people's funny list??

Yes it is... and probably because It's absolutely hilarious.
Comedy genius.

Not for everyone though, obviously.

Frankly the reason I watched it is because my daughter is close friends with a gal from Bosnia. It was that freind's insight into that culture that made it funny for my daughter

Yeah I see what you mean.... I live in England and have a great cultural understanding of Russia... I mean with us being Neighbours and all....

:shk:

You do realise that Borat is a Character played by a comedian right?

And pretty much the only culture we get an insight into, throughout the entire movie.... is the American one.

So you're saying that yeah it's comedic genius but yeah onlly if you get the culture....
Hello? Isn't that what I posted as to my experience of this movie? And NO, I did not see
comedic genius, I saw easy peasy insults to everyone: Bosnia, the US, everyone and OK go ahead
and insult everyone but leave a message. There was no message unless it's all stupid. And I already got
that message. Sorry, this movie is a bloated effort to promote someone as the next comedian of the decade
and failed to deliver.
edit on 29-11-2010 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join