It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran is testing how far it can push the West.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
With the recent good news that power in Iraq has been handed to the Iraqis, there are also some bad news. One of them is that Iran seems to be testing how far they can push the West. The second is that they seem to want to show to the Iraqis that they are ready and more than willing to take control of Iraq by force. Not only is Iran doing this but at the same time they are telling the world that they will not be stopped into acquiring nuclear weapons.

Experts: Iran Ready to Take It to the Brink

Last week, experts warned the House International Relations Subcommittee on the Middle East and Central Asia that a nuclear bomb in the hands of Iran would spell imminent disaster for the United States.

"A nuclear-capable Iran, under their present leadership, could be an unparalleled earthquake, with shockwaves that could rock the foundations of U.S. vital interests in the region, at home and around the world," said Paul Leventhal, founder of the Nuclear Control Institute. Leventhal added that Iran's support of terrorist organizations could lead to the further proliferation of nuclear materials.

Reports indicate that Iranians are helping insurgents in Iraq fight U.S. forces and are terrorizing Iraqis aiding the new interim government, and before that, the Coalition Provisional Authority. Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., who has been keeping a close eye on Iranian weapons acquisition and sales for years, emphasized this problem in recent Capitol Hill hearings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously Iran is taking advantage of the position the coalition and the US is at right now to show their intentions to the world and to the Iraqis. The US and the UN are already thinking on imposing sanctions on Iran, but would that be enough to stop Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, or trying to bully its way into Iraq?

Related News

U.S. Seeks U.N. Response to Iran Nuke Plan

Iran Vows to Resume Building Centrifuges

Report of the International Atomic Energy Agency, June 2004.

Iran Special Weapons Guide

Iran's Nuclear Threat

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Muaddib]

[edit on 6-30-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think Iran got just what they are waiting for...Iraqi soveriegnty! They fully intend to push us as far as they can! They already are! You can only guess how many Iranians are coming through the border into Iraq! They just don't think for a monute that Bush will go after them because we are so tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They're pushing it alright. This might be old news but I caught the end of ABC13 news at six today and they were saying two Iranians were booted out of the country today from the UN. They had non-diplomatic passports. They were taking unarthorised pictures of the subways, bridge supports, landmarks, stuff like that. What's up with that? Wierd that should happen now.

www.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"The U.S. government has expelled two Iranian security guards at Iran's U.N. Mission, citing activities "incompatible with their stated duties," a U.S. official said Tuesday"

"The Iranians were caught on three occasions taking photos of nfrastructure, transport systems and New York City landmarks.."

Now, I fully realize that in the wake of 9/11 our national security is of the utmost importance and on the one hand, I am glad such stringent percautions are being taken. However, with the limited info in this article it would appear that these were Iranian citizens, visitors to our country. For all we know this was their first trip to the US. If so, just imagine yourself being a visitor from Iran in New York City. Woudln't you take pictures to bring home and show the family? If you were from a country that didn't have a "trasport system" like that in NY would you take a picture of it? I took a picture of the Eurorail when I was in Europe, in fact, I took a picture in the subway in Milan also. And what are infastructures? That doens't tell us much, it could have been the very building they were meeting in for all we know. And landmarks - well of course a visitor to NY would take pictures of landmarks. I have photos of the Colleseum, the Vatican, Mt. Etna, the Louver, the Eifel tower, the Sterling Castle, Brahm Stoker's home, come on, that's what we do when we visit new lands.

What if this is just one snipet in a sting of mis-info our government controlled media has been feeding us to begin to lay the groundwork to justify an attack on Iran. Afterall, our troops are already right next door, may as well stay the course.

Just playing devils advocate - don't hang me!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

"The U.S. government has expelled two Iranian security guards at Iran's U.N. Mission, citing activities "incompatible with their stated duties," a U.S. official said Tuesday"

"The Iranians were caught on three occasions taking photos of nfrastructure, transport systems and New York City landmarks.."

White moves pawn....

We're simply witnessing the little moves in the chess match that's been playing out as WWIII... One black knight has been taken, but there are many more pieces on the board....and they're all moving a lot faster than we want them to be....

top topics

join