It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of viewers rejoice! Keith Olbermann back on the air!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This just in, Keith Olbermann the stalwart partisan, objective, prognosticating, disseminator of everything left, is back on the air. According to the dozen or so fans of the opinion rich purveyor of everything verbose, they are rejoicing in the streets.

Link-Keith Olbermann Will Return To MSNBC Tuesday

Snippet-

You know all that talk about whether Keith Olbermann would ever be back on MSNBC?

Well whoever speculated about that (me) was totally off – Olbermann will return to Countdown Tuesday night.

From Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC:

After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.

So basically he was suspended for two shows, and four days (counting the weekend). That seems like an amazingly short amount of time for what was called an ‘indefinite’ suspension. As you can imagine, we’ll have more on this tomorrow…

So, do you think maybe next time he will inform his bosses that he is making contributions to the very politicians he has as guests? Or do you think that the whole two days he was suspended, will tell him anything goes?

As I and others have postulated, this was all a ruse IMO. An attempt to say that those at the clearly biased channel are really better than the station that will remain unnamed.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

HA HA HA....well done dozens of viewers...well done indeed my friend...it would have been less insulting if they just didn't suspend them. Who the heck doesn't know that it is a pro left media site as fox is a pro right. Nothing wrong with that..just sounds rediculous that they are trying to appear balanced...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I had to throw a dig into the OP. I just HAD to.

Several members here and many across the blogosphere said this was all a ruse. I guess we were right.

I guess "permanent" suspension is a relative term.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This whole fiasco was all just a publicity stunt by NBC to try to raise Obamamann's viewer ratings, seeing as even Maddow is beating him now. Nothing else.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Publicity and cover for the report that the vaunted and supposed non partisan channel had a guy giving donations to candidates that he specifically on his show.

Political theatre, just the beginning of the 2 year long campaign for the Democrats beginning just days after the last election.

I think MSNBC should just rename their channel to the Democrat Campaign Headquarters and MoveOn.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It's not like Faux Noise is a better channel.

They're the Propaganda Arm of the Right-Wing.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

It's not like Faux Noise is a better channel.

They're the Propaganda Arm of the Right-Wing.

I love it when the pot calls the kettle black. You hate the very thing you are.
It's all right when my side lies and is not ethical but when the other side does it watch out.

When will the sheep see the left vs right crap is just a spectacle to keep the blind following. I guess it is pretty hard to see when you are blind and covered in wool.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

i heard about this the other day and i laughed so hard it was great he got caught not only did partisan oberlman did this not once not twice but three thimes and he got busted and it was plastered all over the news and web its a shame that hes back on.

now if that would been beck,hannity, or o'reilley we would be talking about it and the thread would be hundreds of pages long by now it just goes to show the hypocrisy of the left.

wish the dude would have been fired thats what that two bit pundit deserves and then again msnbc deserves to be taken over by real journalists.
edit on 8-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Typical.
Far left loon gets caught breaking the rules ... gets a slap on the wrist ... and is instantly back to 'work' spewing his garbage. Does anyone think that he'll stop breaking the rules? Does anyone think that he has learned not to be a hypocrite from this? No. Didn't think so.

Says alot about MSNBC. We knew it before .. but this just confirms it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have to admit - the title of the OP made me chuckle.

For those saying there was more to it. I did see the article below this morning. Apparently if he'd been willing to apologize on air for it all would be ok - but he refused.

Olbermann suspended for refusing on-air apology

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
I guess "permanent" suspension is a relative term.

No one ever said "permanent" suspension. It was indefinite suspension. And as I said in the thread on the subject, "indefinite" could be a couple of days.

Yes, it was most likely a giant publicity stunt for MSNBC to separate themselves from FOX news.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That was the consensus in the blogosphere the last few days.

As Goebbels said, “Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

as even Maddow is beating him now

I agree with your post. Very observant.

Now this Maddow seems like a nice young man. I've watched him a couple of times. Something is a little off when I watch him and I just can't put my finger on it. (nor would I)

Becker
edit on 8-11-2010 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

OUTSTANDING!!!

I really had a good laugh with your eye catching title. The truth hurts most people, did the rating for his time slot bump up while he was gone...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Funniest part of the whole debacle, the person they replaced him with had also made campaign contributions.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Pot and Kettle, meet.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
LMAO @ 'dozens of viewers.'

Anyways, for what it's worth, I don't feel like he should have been suspended in the first place. That sucks they have that clause in his contract. I personally don't think it's fair to say who an individual citizen can or cannot contribute to.

Personally, I wouldn't give 2 winks if that foul arse went off the air for good but I did feel his suspension was wrong.

The only thing that would have been scandalous about his campaign contributions if conservative politicians had been the recipients.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, I feel the same way. If he wants to contribute go for it. It is not like he and MSNBC do not give free advertising to their candidates of choice. Fox does the same thing.

BUT, I think this had nothing to do with that.

I think it was cover for this-

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ha ha ha! More appropriate to say his "one dozen viewers". The guy is a hack and a clown! I agree all a publicity
stunt to raise the pathetic ratings! They didn't have to look far to find someone sleazy enough to stoop to ridiculous
antics! There ole Kieth was "chomping at the bid"!

I have just one thing to say: "Mr. Olbermann, that makes YOU the worst person in the world"!! CONGRATULATIONS!! LMAO!!

Pax

edit on 9-11-2010 by paxnatus because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

as even Maddow is beating him now

I agree with your post. Very observant.

Now this Maddow seems like a nice young man. I've watched him a couple of times. Something is a little off when I watch him and I just can't put my finger on it. (nor would I)

Becker
edit on 8-11-2010 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

Maybe it's because you've never seen her in the same room with Ronald Reagan Jr....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join