It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Aviation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I originally came here to submit a wierd email but I had a look around and this is a great site to tell other people of "other" things I know.

My family deals with Aviation in australia and run a small buisness.
We quickly discovered that there is major corruption in the aircraft industry from mechanics, to CASA (Kinder like Aircraft police) to it's investigators.
People are conning each other, pretending to fix planes and don't so they fail during flight and NO-ONE hear's about it, people flying illegaly like taking off DIRECTLY from a hanger. To plain out blackmail, assuallt and other verbal and buisness attacks. I was wondering if any of you people have any stories like this were you live or know anything more.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
damn, that's messed up. here in the US i've never heard of such a thing. sure, there's healthy compitition but nothing taken that far! over here though to be a registered aircraft business you need a full time employed mechanic. i donno if that's how it is in australia, but if it isn't then maybe that could help the situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Did you know we only have 5 (Yes 5/five) Aviation inspectors monitoring the WHOLE of australia (Major Airlines and all E.g. Qantas/Virign) as well as small buisness's.
I wish I could name a few but, yeah...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
are you serious? i visit the detroit FSDO (flight standards district office) fairly often and i know we have at least 7 or 8 inspectors for just this area alone!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Um, ok I'll tell you.
One of the first MIGs (a 15 if I'm correct) flew VERY close (About 4 Km Sorry not imperial) to the Prime Minister Aircraft! Every wet there pants after they saw that but nobody did anythng eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by couldntfindaname
Um, ok I'll tell you.
One of the first MIGs (a 15 if I'm correct) flew VERY close (About 4 Km Sorry not imperial) to the Prime Minister Aircraft! Every wet there pants after they saw that but nobody did anythng eh?

Actually mate. The Prime Minister wasn't onboard at the time of the Mig accident...It was a RAAF Jet and the pilot made an official complaint and was investigated by the RAAF...THe Mig was privately owned and didn't have the ability to fire any weapons. The owner/pilot was fined a undisclosed sum of money, for flying to closely without making contact... i'm gonna follow up on this 5 CASA investigator thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It wouldnt surpise me about the Australian Civil Aviation Industry, all those cowboy pilots who just love to 'accidentally' fly into military air space.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
It wouldnt surpise me about the Australian Civil Aviation Industry, all those cowboy pilots who just love to 'accidentally' fly into military air space.

what are the repurcutions for that there? over here you're pretty much guaranteed to lose your license, even if it were an accident.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Usually a massive fine, temporary grounding of aircraft. Sometimes it goes as far as loss of licences. I'm not 100% up with the exact repercussions, I just watched the idiots fly in and out.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well...
I actually know the pilot who flew the MIG, he is a bit of a dare devil who also owns a provost/strikemaster
BUT!!!
There are like 6 strikemasters in Australia (Ours included) and this ***hole gives us a bad name.

THe Mig was privately owned and didn't have the ability to fire any weapons

If you can buy weapon racks for an old MIG (Which arn't rusted to hell) then were? Because this one didnt have them.
He has gotten a official warning as far as I know but other than that nothing has happened.

The owner/pilot was fined a undisclosed sum of money

He was? I'm always checking up on him and I have never known this.
How do you know RAAFY

new topics

top topics

join