It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush 2112 2012 12/21/12 Europe date 21 -12 - 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Heres an interesting thread about video ideas:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive always thought 2112 the album was mystical. I mean the naked guy (angel?) on the pentagram floating in space was a lot to process for a 10 year old.

In college "we are the priests of the temples of Syrinx" rang in my head and being on the debate team I did what debaters do. I researched.

After some time I found some old mythology. One day Pan was after the nymph Syrinx. She evaded him. Syrinx was the only nymph to evade Pan. On this day when she did he found himself in a marsh amongst some reeds. He used the reeds to make a flute....

So the Temple of Syrinx is a tribute to "come and join the brotherhood of man" ie chasing what cant be caught.

However a new wrinkle in time and space has come. It appears according to scientists (astronomers), and prophets (Nostradamus - Mayans) that 21 -12 - 12 will be the end of days.

This being so Im sure our community has some opinion about the music of Rush, its members and their connection/prophecy of our Temple to the elusive unobtainum nymph Syrinx.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Interesting, though the one thing that can't be disputed is the fact that 2112 was an awesome album - a timeless classic from a legendary band who were ahead of their time. The song, "Temples of Syrinx" was definitely my favorite. Fortunately, after 15 years clean & sober I can listen to it without wanting to smoke a joint

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
Interesting, though the one thing that can't be disputed is the fact that 2112 was an awesome album - a timeless classic from a legendary band who were ahead of their time. The song, "Temples of Syrinx" was definitely my favorite. Fortunately, after 15 years clean & sober I can listen to it without wanting to smoke a joint

Glad you're able to. It is awesome. Not many replies so it looks like I have some studying to do. Ill listen and read the lyrics again and see if there is anything remotely related to 2112 the date.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the date but here's Neils explanation: "All (the naked man) means is the abstract man against the masses. The red star symbolizes any collectivist mentality." A lot of it was inspired by the Ayn Rand book "Anthem".
Great thread!
BTW give this a try. It's a hoot. Syncing 2112 to Willy Wonka!
home.i1.net...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

I'm a huge Rush fan and play at leat 1 of their songs on a weekly Prog Rock radio show I host with a mate of mine. Anyway, while we were letting a song play out, we were talking about the same thing.
It would be interesting to hear what he says about it.
Rush did a 1-off screening of their documentary in London a couple of days ago, with a Q & A session with Geddy - would've been amazing to pose that question to him.

S & F - great thread!!

Much love...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. I'm a huge RUSH fan as well but never delved into the story behind the story.

Some good links to check/research might be

www.rushisaband.com
www.therushforum.com

There's a very large and intelligent fan-base out there.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i patiently wait for clockwork angels release. when i saw a sneek peek of the new albumn cover the heckles on the back of my neck kicked in. with the angelic symbolism on a clock face i am sure it will not disappoint.
'the way out is the way in'
f

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks. Glad for the input. Im planning on researching this soon.

top topics

join