It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical questions about Christian doctrines that need to be answered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
While I myself am not a member of any Religious Order I am familiar with a variety of them and their teachings. While reading a site of semi-unrelated material I came across this 'List of Questions' that were designed from a Christian Perspective and found it to be a very interesting idea.

These 10 questions basically get right to the major Ideals that make up many of the root meanings behind The Judeo-Christian Religions and what they offer to their members, in the form of Spiritual Answers or Guidance. Being that there are often a variety of different opinions from one member to the next I was interested to see what some of the results would be and why. I also thought the 'Target Audience' of Christians who they've been designed and hopefully answered by would also find it insightful to read and discuss what others have answered in comparison.

So, without further delay, here they are.

Critical questions about Christian doctrines that need to be answered

1) Is God a being of:
a) unconditional love?
b) unending wrath?

(2) Did Jesus teach:
a) universal salvation?
b) eternal damnation?

(3) Are we saved by: (Multi-Part Question & Answers)
a) emulating Jesus?
b) idolizing Jesus?

a) taking up our own cross?
b) relying on Jesus' cross?

a) having the faith of Jesus?
b) having faith in Jesus?

a) our works of faith?
b) faith without works?

a) doing acts of love?
b) believing in his name?

(4) Is physical rebirth:
a) the reincarnation of the spirit?
b) the resurrection of the body?

(5) Is spiritual rebirth:
a) the resurrection of the spirit?
b) the resurrection of the body?

(6) Does God dwell:
a) within all humanity?
b) only within Jesus?

(7) Is the devil:
a) an ego-self to be crucified?
b) a formidable threat to God?

(8) Are we born: (Multi-Part Question & Answers)
a) in ignorance making mistakes?
b) in sin with an evil nature?

a) with wills that are free?
b) with wills in slavery to evil?

a) with our own debts to pay?
b) in Adam's original sin?

(9) Is the Bible:
a) the fallible work of humans?
b) the infallible words of God?

(10) Do NDEs (Near Death Experiences) reveal:
a) God is light?
b) Satan is light?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Are you kidding me???

Nobody has answers for these???

Is it that nobody can answer them or just doesn't want to???

Maybe all of them aren't equally important or exciting but there are a few that are particularly interesting IMO. Like 1, 2, 6, 7, & 9 at least I thought would spark some kind of discussion.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'll try mOjOm...I'm sure I'll get bashed by the fundies but here goes...They are only opinions

1) Unconditional love
2) Universal Salvation
3) Emulating jesus/ taking up our own cross/ Having faith OF jesus/ works of faith and acting in love
4 & 5 I'm undecided; I guess I'll figure it out when i get there
6) within all humanity
7) ego-self to be crucified
8) in ignorance making mistakes
9) fallible work of man- however, that doesn't mean god's word isn't in there somewhere
10) I don't understand the meaning of this. I'd say god is light, but he's darkness too

[edit on 29-6-2004 by KSoze]
In summary, I don't think belief in jesus is going to get the job done completely, one must follow his teachings and words. I think the bible has flaws and was not written by the pen of god. However, it contains much ancient truth and we should listen to what it has to say.
God is everywhere and he is love. I don't put him in a religion or a book.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by KSoze]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If I was pushed to give answers without elaborating, I'd answer all of them a.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't really have time to give a huge explaination for my answers, but I will provide a quick rundown of them.

1. Unconditional love

2. Universal salvation

3. Emulating Jesus, taking up our own cross, having faith in Jesus, our works of faith, doing acts of love

4./5. I'd have to say any kind of rebirth is a rebirth of spirit, of the soul. But I really don't know.

6. Within all humanity

7. I don't understand the question really... I think the devil is a fallen angel who is in competition with God and sometimes tempts man. If that gives any answers...

8. In ignorance making mistakes, with wills that are free, in Adam's original sin

9. The fallible work of humans. But fundamentally inspired by God.

10. Um... I'm not really sure about this one... I don't understand it, I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No, nobody has the answers for these questions. In fact, various Religions have been fighting over the supposed answers for 1000s of years.

In the end, you yourself are the only one who can answer any of those. The very act of making such decisions for yourself is the ultimate power that you are able to wield in the Universe while you are in human form. Perhaps this is why I get so disgusted when humans abdicate this power to others in order to escape having to look the Universe in the face.

So, unlike others, I will give answers that are absolutely truthful to the best of my knowledge

1. I don't know (and neither do you)
2. I don't know.
3. I don't know to all 4 sub-questions.
4. I don't know.
5. I don't know.
6. I don't know.
7. I don't know.
8. a) in ignorance making mistakes
a) with wills that are free
I don't know.
9. a) the fallible work of humans.
10. none of the above) Neither

If anyone has the stones to say what they know, instead of what they believe, they will answer as I have.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
1. a. Of all people
b. If you piss him off

2. a is available, but 'b' if you don't choose 'a'. It's your decision.

3. a (b is good too); a; b; a; a and b

4. ?

5. uh...neither? 'a' maybe? I'm assuming you mean being "born again", no? That's having your thought processes and your way of life completely changed from what it was before if it was contridictary to what is taught. Not really a ressurection, but...uh...I don't know.....

6. a (...or he would like it like that)

7. a

8. b (leave a child to raise himself and see what happens); a; both?

9. b (.......however in the translations......)

10. a

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
No, nobody has the answers for these questions. In fact, various Religions have been fighting over the supposed answers for 1000s of years.

If anyone has the stones to say what they know, instead of what they believe, they will answer as I have.

Maybe I should have made that clear. YOUR PERSONAL ANSWERS are the ones I am looking for here. You are right Ambient Sound, in that 'The Answers', if they even exist aren't known. Also, I confess, I do not have access to the 'Teachers Edition' with all the right answers in which to grade these, nor does anyone else. So it's cool if everyone just uses their answers as they see them. The idea is to see if there are different answers from like minded individuals and why they differ. Especially if they are both members of the same religion and teaching.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This are my answers.

1. the god of the old testament was a god of war so that will be b, then Christianity soften him up so it turn into a.
2. Jesus teaching were of salvation, but the church came around and told people that it they did not follow the church they will be damned.
3. Jesus intention was not for us to imitate him but rather to spread his teaching.
4. Jesus carry his own cross when he went against the government and he did not blame no body for his choice so we are the ones that have to confront our own problems and carry our own cross.
5. His teachings were for people to listen he never force anybody to believe in him. So it will be having the faith of Jesus.
6. On this one I will live it blank. Jesus teachings was for men to believe in themselves.
7. Jesus teaching were of love people did not have to believe in him.
8. Jesus never said that he was going to be resurrected but his spirit will live for ever.
9. Jesus never said he was the son of god. God is in all of us.
10. The devil is man made.
11. We are not born either evil or siners society dictates that.
12. Our free will is a matter of choice
13. The original sin is church made, to make man guilty, from birth, making even babies siners in the eyes of the church.
14. The bible is definitely the words of men,
15. Near death experiences tells that is another new world after death.

top topics

join