It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic seedlings and seeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I just thought I would ask the question and see where it goes.
But over the last 4 years we have maintained a vegie garden, the first 2 was fine, we managed to get our hands on quite a lot of vegies, herbs and so on. But over the last 2 years, I have noticed that there are particular types of herbs and vegies that are now getting hard to find in our locals - whether its a growing seedling or just seeds. One of the main ones that we rely on is Garlic... We have not seen Garlic sold anywhere here in Canberra for the last 2 years along with others of course - but its the Garlic that gets me. Is anyone else in Aus experiencing the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Garlic doesn't have seeds

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
I just thought I would ask the question and see where it goes.
But over the last 4 years we have maintained a vegie garden, the first 2 was fine, we managed to get our hands on quite a lot of vegies, herbs and so on. But over the last 2 years, I have noticed that there are particular types of herbs and vegies that are now getting hard to find in our locals - whether its a growing seedling or just seeds. One of the main ones that we rely on is Garlic... We have not seen Garlic sold anywhere here in Canberra for the last 2 years along with others of course - but its the Garlic that gets me. Is anyone else in Aus experiencing the same.

Just buy some organic garlic and plant the cloves.

Cultivated garlic does not have seeds, but work is being done to restore seed-making to some garlic, so as to be able to raise different varieties. As all cultivated garlic is grown from clones at present, it's all clones, with no variation to allow it to adapt.

True Seeds in Garlic
edit on 7/11/10 by Kailassa because: adding info

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bowdyyz69

Wasnt sure what to call them - should have just said cant find Garlic instead of seed.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks for the Idea, but still wondering if anyone is having problems in obtaining these items?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

Thanks for the Idea, but still wondering if anyone is having problems in obtaining these items?

I'm in a suburb of Melbourne, and can buy both Chinese garlic, and smaller, more expensive Australian garlic in the shops here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I must be just shopping when they are out of stock? mmm thanks

top topics

join