It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew for sure that "reality" was a lie, how would you live your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have seen the charlie chaplin time traveler thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK, as someone with a fair amount of paranormal experiences under my belt, my view of reality is certainly expansive. this, though, proof(to my eyes) of some kind of time/dimensional traveler, just changes my perceptions of everything. My expansive view of what's possible increases infinitely. But, we have to live in the day to day "reality", which is, I think, illusion. How to do it? How do you do that? I guess what I'm struggling with is is the idea of what I thought was possible vs. the reality of what(I think) has been going on all along.
/discuss

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
im only getting:
time travel = reality is an illusion

out of your topic, which isnt making any sense.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
im only getting:
time travel = reality is an illusion

out of your topic, which isnt making any sense.

Wouldn't the idea of actual time travelers tend to dispute the narrative of everyday existence? that's what I'm trying to get at.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Reality is a lie of sorts, but more specifically life is a dream we are having.... collectively. It certainly is not 'real'.

I live my life happily, and I create my reality by the thoughts, feelings and actions I have. This magnetically pulls to me exactly what I have right now. I realize that my life is perfect in every way... even the parts that do not seem so perfect, are perfect because I am learning everything I need to learn by what I bring to myself.

" The Game of Life
We suggest you view your experience as a “fun house” at a fair ground. You never know what might pop out at you – and you best believe you will always be challenged with your deepest issue when you least expect it. That is when your defenses are down and you are most open to the experience, so you will have the most authentic response. It can ease your journey a bit if you view your lifewalk as a game. Not a school, but a game. For this “clearing” process is what you came here to experience. And most of you came here to turn the tide and assist with the rising of humanity into the Truth of your being – that you are all the “Godhead.” You are all bringing forth your Higher Selves, your Soul into your awareness, allowing your authenticity to be revealed so you can live within the truth of your being. We speak of this often. And this is how you clear the discordance of the lie that humanity has received and amplified for thousands of years. Good game you’re playing, no?

Navigation
This is where intuition comes into play. Use your intuition to guide you. This is a gift you have, from moment to moment, your intuition – your inner feeling – prompts you, inspires you to do certain things, go certain places, call certain people. This is the fun part of the game, for as you allow your intuition and your heart to guide you, you will experience moments of synchronicity with yourself and with other people, which will bring you a feeling of great joy and wonder. You will also come to see more and more how you are all co-creating your experiences. No one is an island, all are connected through beams of light that create a web of human thoughts, emotions, and experiences. You can tune into this beam and find strength – remember there is strength in numbers and you are not alone.

You have chosen this journey and as you pass through your wounding with the intention to find wholeness, you will enter into joy more and more. As you let go of the wounds, and of the emotions and thought patterns that keep you trapped and circling around and around in your story, you will become more buoyant which will enable you to journey on top of the energies of change. Your love and authenticity will be like a boat that will carry you along. There will be some rapids to go through and some waterfalls to free-fall down and some churning waters of chaos, but the more you are free of the heaviness that weighs you down, the more lightly you will be able to navigate the unknown.

It is a blessing to be on Earth at this time and as you face and heal your wounds, you are providing healing for your ancestors out through time, you are providing healing for your so-called “past” lives. The healing through love, radiates outward through time and space. This will actually create what is being called the New Earth – so as the wounds are healed through all the different timelines, the stories that are called history will change or be forgotten… as you become more and more focused in the moment of now.
This is the healing process that humanity is going through and there is so much support that you have for one another and that you receive from the non physical guides, teachers and Angels that watch over each and every one of you. "

lightworkers.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I haven't seen anything to support time travel, but I have seen the future in dreams a few times (minor incidents, just meeting people or experiencing personal things, nothing to tell the world about.)
And I've had other experiences which show the reality of this world is a farce.

I don't see why it matters though. As a great illusion it can still be fun, it can still hurt, you can still learn in it, and you can still love in it.

Just make the most of life. Illusion or not, it's full of opportunities.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Reality is a lie of sorts, but more specifically life is a dream we are having.... collectively. It certainly is not 'real'.

I live my life happily, and I create my reality by the thoughts, feelings and actions I have. This magnetically pulls to me exactly what I have right now. I realize that my life is perfect in every way... even the parts that do not seem so perfect, are perfect because I am learning everything I need to learn by what I bring to myself.

" The Game of Life
We suggest you view your experience as a “fun house” at a fair ground. You never know what might pop out at you – and you best believe you will always be challenged with your deepest issue when you least expect it. That is when your defenses are down and you are most open to the experience, so you will have the most authentic response. It can ease your journey a bit if you view your lifewalk as a game. Not a school, but a game. For this “clearing” process is what you came here to experience. And most of you came here to turn the tide and assist with the rising of humanity into the Truth of your being – that you are all the “Godhead.” You are all bringing forth your Higher Selves, your Soul into your awareness, allowing your authenticity to be revealed so you can live within the truth of your being. We speak of this often. And this is how you clear the discordance of the lie that humanity has received and amplified for thousands of years. Good game you’re playing, no?

Navigation
This is where intuition comes into play. Use your intuition to guide you. This is a gift you have, from moment to moment, your intuition – your inner feeling – prompts you, inspires you to do certain things, go certain places, call certain people. This is the fun part of the game, for as you allow your intuition and your heart to guide you, you will experience moments of synchronicity with yourself and with other people, which will bring you a feeling of great joy and wonder. You will also come to see more and more how you are all co-creating your experiences. No one is an island, all are connected through beams of light that create a web of human thoughts, emotions, and experiences. You can tune into this beam and find strength – remember there is strength in numbers and you are not alone.

You have chosen this journey and as you pass through your wounding with the intention to find wholeness, you will enter into joy more and more. As you let go of the wounds, and of the emotions and thought patterns that keep you trapped and circling around and around in your story, you will become more buoyant which will enable you to journey on top of the energies of change. Your love and authenticity will be like a boat that will carry you along. There will be some rapids to go through and some waterfalls to free-fall down and some churning waters of chaos, but the more you are free of the heaviness that weighs you down, the more lightly you will be able to navigate the unknown.

It is a blessing to be on Earth at this time and as you face and heal your wounds, you are providing healing for your ancestors out through time, you are providing healing for your so-called “past” lives. The healing through love, radiates outward through time and space. This will actually create what is being called the New Earth – so as the wounds are healed through all the different timelines, the stories that are called history will change or be forgotten… as you become more and more focused in the moment of now.
This is the healing process that humanity is going through and there is so much support that you have for one another and that you receive from the non physical guides, teachers and Angels that watch over each and every one of you. "

lightworkers.org...

amazing response, thank you
I think for me, I get parts, glimpses of what we're talking about here. I became a reiki practitioner a few months ago. I felt compelled to do that. I don't know how it fits in, it's just a part of my puzzle. The healing aspect is obvious, I do have psychic/emotional wounds, and I self-treat with reiki regularly to help with that. When I treat others, I also get a treatment on myself too, since the energy is flowing through me. This time-travel thing just opened my eyes to more, I guess. it's like the actor in a movie who looks at camera. he breaks the false reality, pierces that veil, to show the REAL "reality of what he/she is doing..hope that makes sense..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Time travel is science fiction, not reality. Time (aside from its metaphorical meaning) is just an artificial means of measuring entropy, and entropy always increases. There is no past to return to, as it has already decayed. Like the proverbial tea cup, you cannot un-break it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Although I don't think time is linear, I don't believe in time traveling either. About reality, I've had my fair share of experiences that make me think there is more to it than what we see in our everyday lives, but haven't found out how to break free from the "illusion" yet. I keep reading all this metaphysic stuff, Law of Attraction, life as an Illusion, psychokinesis, etc; but can't find out how to make it "work".

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

Time travel is science fiction, not reality. Time (aside from its metaphorical meaning) is just an artificial means of measuring entropy, and entropy always increases. There is no past to return to, as it has already decayed. Like the proverbial tea cup, you cannot un-break it.

Well, opinions vary. that link I posted certainly opened my eyes to the possibility, at least..I'm inclined to open my mind to it. Who's to say? no way to be certain.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A partner and I were strolling along a Florida beach one night,
when up ahead in the moonlight we saw a mermaid.
She was laying on her side with long flowing
hair and her tail toward the sea.

We froze, looked at each
other, then ran as fast as we could,
before it could slip away. It stayed put.

When I touched it. It was made of sand.
Over to the left were some huge sand castles.
To the right, a VW bug, and other carvings of fantasy.

There had been a sand castle competition that day, and it fooled us.

But for about three minutes there, mermaids were real and magic was lose in the world.

I remember feeling excited,
and thinking to myself as I was running,
everything I have ever been told was wrong.
It felt so liberating.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

But quantum science shows that all points of the universe are simultaneously connected and interacting with each other. How can you qualify a statement like that with the paltry knowledge of the universe that we have at this very minute? lol! The Universe is 14 billion years old *AT LEAST*. We have a fraction of a portion of a selection of a slice of one view of all this ridiculously dynamic multidimensional living.. organism, that we all seem to be a part of. To limit what can be done within the Universe is to judge based on what you know at this very moment, which is nothing.

Enjoy the ride. Travel time in your mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

How about art mimics illusive reality which does not mimic absolute reality. Didn't you get the memo? None of this is real...LOL.

You can do anything you want with CGI or cartoons in a movie from our illusive reality, so why would a "programmer/creator" not be able to do the same thing from an absolute reality?

From a personal standpoint and all of the research I have done, yes, what we deem to be "reality" is not real. Sure you have the sensation of feeling pain as well as the passage of time, but that does not make it real, it just gives the appearance of a reality we have been constructed to percieve. The interesting thing is that you can apply objective logic to defeat the concept of this being an independent self generating reality and it comes down to whether free will exists or not. If you can theoretically prove that free will does not exist, which I have done to my own satisfaction, then our reality becomes a manufactured construct, much like a movie on a tape or a DVD. When viewed that way, we have the possibility of time travel and all manner of paradoxical violations. Remember that specific direction of time travel falls under the purvue of a paradox, eg. accidentaly killing ones ancestor and thereby preventing you own birth or say going to the future, getting the lottery numbers and then changing the future you would have landed in. To negate a potential paradox in time travel, I can only see the ability to view past events but not travel to them and/or to physically move forward in time with no return path. The arrow of time in our classical illusive version of "reality" moves in one direction it appears, forward only, anything else is a violation.

But, your reality might be different than mine, so what is right for me could be wrong for you.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 11/7.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: missed a word

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I agree. There is much to learn. It appears, so far, that time moves in one direction. That is what the science tells us as it stands today. We have to build upon something, don't we? I'm sure scientists 50 years from now will have a good laugh, but how will they get to that point? Just as science has progressed to this point; standing on the shoulders of their predecessors.
I shouldn't have to qualify my statement - as crude as it was - with all of the above. I was speaking in general terms about the current model as proposed by mainstream science.
We can disagree on whether I correctly described the ideas - I admit I am a novice, but unless you have a better theory, then we have to work with what we've got so far.

Search terms: Time, Entropy, Arrow of Time
Stephen Hawking on Time travel
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Does it really matter whether reality is an illusion or not. Its not as if such knowlege is going to somehow change it. Theres no sign that will pop up saying. "Level one complete" then reality as you know it fading in to level two. Although that would be great.

All that matters is what you do with yourself in this reality, that your bound to untill you die and leave it forever.
edit on 8/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Isn't GTA a shining example of gamers interacting with an illusory reality?
edit on 8-11-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I live as honestly as I can...I pause a lot..decide a lot..choose a lot...and to coin a phrase, I live in the day..just today..just this 24hrs. I make plans for tomorrow but I live, today..consciously alive and chosing...surrendered to whatever may come, but not subservient to it.
It's an odd blending if you like, of acceptance, logic, faith and reason.....thats what I do and it works for me.

I hope you find what works for you.

Rosha

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

That was a great comment... i loved that three minute idea... Now if it could only continue three minutes at a time as we chase the sandcastles across the beach in the moonlight

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yes, piercing the veil.... it is thinner now, ya know. The veil that separates us from our multidimensional selves and our 'past' and 'future'. All is happening right now, we are having all of the experiences at this Now MOMENT. Once one can wrap their mind around this concept, the whole time travel thing makes more sense. You can travel to your past and to your future any time you want. Your physical body won't fly around, but your consciousness, who you REALLY are, will move through time as you instruct it. I have traveled into my past and adjusted a few things, which in turn made my present a much more enjoyable experience.

Anything is possible when your 'mind' is freed of the chains of belief structures that have imprisoned you for so long.

Reiki is great, I was attuned by a member here on ATS. Best of luck to you!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What i think op means, is if time travel exists both ways like i always say, then life means nothing and its rubbish as nothing is set in stone. None of your life matters.

If time travel both ways exista dn i think it does, why should peopel even bother. Thats why religion gave us purpose, believing we are here for a reason.

I think this is the main reason why alien disclosure will not come as they cannot tell you your life means nothing, and really is not even real, and nothing as you think is set in stone.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Since time is made up of more than one component, you can only travel through time in one method. Your thoughts. I time travel every time I lie down to sleep. You can do it too. The reason you aren't able to visit it physically in your body, is because the moment doesn't exist anymore. I've thought about traveling into the future, and since I have nothing in my experiences (yet) to compare what I visit, I am unsure if I am actually experiencing the future. However it is interesting to note the odd feeling of Deja Vu. I tend to think these could be Future Memories coming to pass in the moment.
edit on 11/8/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join